• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Super Saturday" - does it make you proud to be British?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Super Saturday" - does it make you proud to be British?

What a day at the Olympics!
    It's raining gold at Eaton Dorney,in the Velodrome and at the Olympic stadium. And I haven't yet caught up with the sailing results!!!
    With the possible exception of team GB (it looks like it's going to penalties in Cardiff as I post this) we are punching well above our weight are in the Olympics.
    We are third in the table.
    What are your views?
    Last edited by Brian, South Ockendon; 5th August 2012, 06:43 PM. Reason: Another typo!!

Never thought I would be glued to the Olympics but very close to being so.

Jessica Ennis..................WOW!!

Back to watch the long jump now, if I haven't missed the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, South Ockendon View Post
      What a day at the Olypmics!
      It's raining gold at Eaton Dorney,in the Velodrome and at the Olympic stadium. And I haven't yet caught up with the sailing results!!!
      With the possible exception of team GB (it looks like it's going to penalties in Cardiff as I post this) we are punching well above our weight are in the Olympics.
      We are third in the table.
      What are your views?
      Absolutely wonderful. I think these games has given so many people such pleasure watching them. At this rate, Team GB could beat their tally of the 19 golds they won in Beijing.

Last edited by Smith7; 4th August 2012, 09:43 PM.
      Jill

Comment

What a day for Team GB .... Rowing, Cycling, Athletics !! WOW Love Jessica ..... and we're beating the French what more could you ask for ??

Comment

It seems that we're still jinxed with penalty shoot-outs though.

Ah well.....Never mind, Team GB have done fabulously well for the rest of today.

Comment

Absoultely fantastic - all the hard work and training paid off - a medal is a medal but a GOLD really is something special, we should be really proud of all the team.
            Oriana
            Oceana
            Ventura
            Queen Mary 2
            Queen Victoria
            Queen Elizabeth

Comment

As I put on another thread:

Jessica was fantastic, what an athlete! I yelled when she won ( Yes me, not usually a sports fan) which bought my husband hurtling in to see if I was OK!!

What was also brilliant was the affection shown towards her by her competitors, so refreshing and good to see.

Well done that lady!

That was before the next two medals, I am in awe! Team GB you are Fantastic, what a night & what a week!
              Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                Absolutely wonderful. I think these games has given so many people such pleasure watching them. At this rate, Team GB could beat their tally of the 19 golds they won in Beijing.

Hi Smith 7,
                You will need to add another GOLD to the tally!!!!!!
                Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
                  What a day for Team GB .... Rowing, Cycling, Athletics !! WOW Love Jessica ..... and we're beating the French what more could you ask for ??
                  Hi Trevor,
                  And the Germans, Russians, Australians, Canadians etc,etc,etc....................................... ................

Comment

Hi Smith 7,
                    You will need to add another GOLD to the tally!!!!!!
                    Brian.
                    Job done Brian but it doesn't show on your response I'm afraid.
                    Jill

Comment

Its fantastic, I love it GO TEAM GB .................................................. ......................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Pippa, Kernow View Post
                        It seems that we're still jinxed with penalty shoot-outs though.

Ah well.....Never mind, Team GB have done fabulously well for the rest of today.
                        Yes just shows that the more you pay them doesn't necessarily bring results!

Comment

Hi Trevor,
                          And the Germans, Russians, Australians, Canadians etc,etc,etc....................................... ................
                          Yes indeed but it's being ahead of the French that MATTERS hehe !

Comment

A brilliant olympics all round, I feel very proud to be British. I particularly liked Gary Lineker's statistic tonight. Apparently we are top of the "medal to population ratio table". Yayyyy!!!!

Comment

Best british tally for a day in the Olympics for 104 years. I'll have to take their word for it but I do know that this is the most amazing Olympics I have ever watched. From the amazing opening ceremony to now, the atmosphere is even coming through the "Telly". The Velodrome must be HOT! HOT! HOT! and I don't mean the temperature. Hey Jude...............Princes and Celebs. What about Eaton Dornay? How incredible for the competitors and spectators there. With Steve Redgrave on the team. And now it's the Olympic Stadium with three champions today. I love sport and I'm being spoilt rotten.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X