• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Boris finally been caught?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post
    Hi Gill & JC

I lost my mother to Covid last year. She was 89. However, whether or not Boris ate a bit of cake or drank a glass of wine would have made no difference. Even the police want to move on. People will be complaining that the police aren't doing enough to catch burglars and muggers, no wonder, they're too busy investigating Boris' tupperware box.

Methinks there's folks out there just trying to make political points. The Mayor is one.
    Sorry to hear about your Mum, BigMac, but as Andyn said, it's the lying, corruption, and also the .total contempt he, and many of the others, have for the general public

Comment

Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post

Sorry to hear about your Mum, BigMac, but as Andyn said, it's the lying, corruption, and also the .total contempt he, and many of the others, have for the general public
      On both sides of the House it seems.

A top up Sir Kier?

Let he that is without sin cast the first stone.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

On both sides of the House it seems.

A top up Sir Kier?

Let he that is without sin cast the first stone.
        Hi John
        If you can’t see the difference between a p**s up with bottles of wine everywhere plus gin and beer,not forgetting party food .
        With people falling over drunk,sat on one another’s knees,with the PM toasting the revelry.

And a man (Sir Kier) having a bottle of beer and a curry whilst discussing the result of a long day canvassing for a by election.

You do really need to get out more.

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Hi Gill

But those who have bought into the cult of Bojo don't care. OTOH who wants to take over as PM and clean up the mess??

Annie
          Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 25th May 2022, 11:21 AM.

Comment

So most weeks Boris appeared on the TV, scaring a lot of people, and warning us not to meet etc etc. So by then breaking his own rules does that mean he didn't think it was as bad as he was making out? Or he'd take a chance any way?

I wonder how other World leaders think of what's going on, after all, if he can lie to us, I bet they are thinking, 'why would we do business with a liar' Besides which most people would get instant dismissal if they were found drinking at work, so how do most of the Politicians get away with it??

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi Gill

But those who have bought into the cult of Bojo don't care. OTOH who wants to take over as PM and clean up the mess??

Annie
              Sadly true, Annie. But there will always be someone who will take that risk - not to clear up the mess, but to get THEIR
              feet in the trough!

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                So most weeks Boris appeared on the TV, scaring a lot of people, and warning us not to meet etc etc. So by then breaking his own rules does that mean he didn't think it was as bad as he was making out? Or he'd take a chance any way?

I wonder how other World leaders think of what's going on, after all, if he can lie to us, I bet they are thinking, 'why would we do business with a liar' Besides which most people would get instant dismissal if they were found drinking at work, so how do most of the Politicians get away with it??
                I've asked that same question myself, Carol, and firmly believe that he knew he was just spouting propaganda and covid was never the huge threat they foretold. Likewise he knew most of the so-called 'safety measures' were ineffectual (he/they had to appear to be doing SOMETHING) hence his disregard for the rules.
                Last edited by Gill Nickson, Albox; 26th May 2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I've asked that same question myself, Carol, and firmly believe that he knew he was just spouting propaganda and covid was never the huge threat they foretold. Likewise he knew most of the so-called 'safety measures' were ineffectual (he/they had to appear to be doing SOMETHING) hence his disregard for the rules.
                  As you are so certain, you must have conclusive evidence. Do let us have the link so we may all be enlightened. If no creditable source, then I'll park it with your previous suspect Covid contributions.

Personally, I'm pretty sure most of the protocols in place WERE effectual for most [not all I grant] if followed, and most sensible people, knew and followed them even through heart-breaking situations and I speak as one who had two close relatives who died, one with Covid and one because of it and whom I couldn't say goodbye too.

Whether he misinterpreted or ignored the rules or genuinally thought he wasn't breaking any, he was just plain stupid and I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for our P.M. in this latest saga.
                  Last edited by Mrs M; 26th May 2022, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I just want to say that no-one knows how Covid will affect them.

I'm triple vaccinated, a lifelong non-smoker and fairly fit and healthy.

I caught Covid a few weeks ago and I think it was the most unwell I've ever felt in my life.

Live your lives, everyone, as I've been doing, but don't assume Covid is always trivial, either for you or for others, however fit and well you and your family normally feel.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

I caught Covid a few weeks ago and I think it was the most unwell I've ever felt in my life.

Live your lives, everyone, as I've been doing, but don't assume Covid is always trivial, either for you or for others, however fit and well you and your family normally feel.
                      Hi Sandra

Sorry to read this - I trust you have recovered??

Annie

Comment

Hi Sandra, sorry to hear you’ve been so unwell recently, I had noticed that you hadn’t been on the forum in a while. Hope you are feeling much improved now.

I read that Jonathan Van Tamm recently tested positive and Nichola Sturgeon, which shows this nasty virus is still doing the rounds.

So, Boris apparently knows nowt about owt….what was going on in his own place of residence…..but takes “full responsibility”. How exactly?

I seem to remember a few months back he told Parliament that “no laws were broken”. He was obviously knowingly or otherwise, quite wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

Hope you're recovering Sandra, take care of yourself. It's still a nasty virus which can affect anyone, it's just not being adequately recorded now.

So many seem to think that Covid has gone away. I met someone today, unvaccinated, who said she didn't see what people were worried about now as there were no people really suffering now. Well I told her two people, a father & son from Whitley Bay had died within days just a couple of weeks ago so it hasn't gone away & it can still be severe. A few people from our sewing group caught it earlier this month & have been really poorly. There was no answer to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

As you are so certain, you must have conclusive evidence. Do let us have the link so we may all be enlightened. If no creditable source, then I'll park it with your previous suspect Covid contributions.

Personally, I'm pretty sure most of the protocols in place WERE effectual for most [not all I grant] if followed, and most sensible people, knew and followed them even through heart-breaking situations and I speak as one who had two close relatives who died, one with Covid and one because of it and whom I couldn't say goodbye too.

Whether he misinterpreted or ignored the rules or genuinally thought he wasn't breaking any, he was just plain stupid and I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for our P.M. in this latest saga.
                            I never said that Covid was not serious,and even fatal for some poeople, but in the beginning they portrayed it as being akin to the Black Death with half the world on ventilators. Remember the Nightingale Ward to serve 4,000 patients? Before dismantling it, they treated just 38 people. Incidentally, I did (and still do) follow all the rules, despite not being convinced, and agreed with many of the scientists who said masks were as efficient as stopping the virus as was erecting a chainlink fence to keep out mosquitos. My sources? American Frontline Doctors, Frontline Critical Care Alliance, Covid 19- A second Opinion Roundtable, Medscape.com, Doctors4CovidEthics, Great Barrington Declaration, to name but a few. And such eminent doctors and scientists like Peter McCullough, Mike Yeadon, Sucharit Bhakdi, Andrew Kauffman, Sherri Tenpenny, Dolores Cahill, Mudy Mikovits, Robert Malone, Lee Merrit, Frank Shallenberger, Ryan Cole, and many more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M

I googled your first group, and then the first named person and then moved onto the second group and the second named person and in astonishment, the third and the fourth person.

and gave up.
                              The only source which has an element of merit was the Barrington and even then, many flaws were pointed out.

I now realise where you get your info from. You need to change your reading habits and start reading peer reviewed scientific papers and not the guff you seem to like peddling onto us.

Not looked but if it is the same nonsense peddlers previous links pointed at there is no point.

What's that saying you can fool.......

Comment

I never said that Covid was not serious,and even fatal for some poeople, but in the beginning they portrayed it as being akin to the Black Death with half the world on ventilators. Remember the Nightingale Ward to serve 4,000 patients? Before dismantling it, they treated just 38 people. Incidentally, I did (and still do) follow all the rules, despite not being convinced, and agreed with many of the scientists who said masks were as efficient as stopping the virus as was erecting a chainlink fence to keep out mosquitos. My sources? American Frontline Doctors, Frontline Critical Care Alliance, Covid 19- A second Opinion Roundtable, Medscape.com, Doctors4CovidEthics, Great Barrington Declaration, to name but a few. And such eminent doctors and scientists like Peter McCullough, Mike Yeadon, Sucharit Bhakdi, Andrew Kauffman, Sherri Tenpenny, Dolores Cahill, Mudy Mikovits, Robert Malone, Lee Merrit, Frank Shallenberger, Ryan Cole, and many more.
                                Reposted with edit as I got timed out

I googled your first group, and then the first named person and then moved onto the second group and the second named person and in astonishment, the third and the fourth person.

and gave up.
                                The only source which has an element of merit was the Barrington and even then, flaws were pointed out.

I now realise where you get your info from. You need to change your reading habits and start reading peer reviewed scientific papers and not the guff you seem to like peddling onto us

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X