• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who next for the top job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who next for the top job?

With the inevitable loss of our PM who would get your vote, Rishi, Liz or Jeremy?

My vote would be for Jeremy Hunt as the only one likely to restore a level of trust in a decent post-Brexit rethink.

I don't think anything is inevitable. Rupert Murdoch will have a huge influence.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
      I don't think anything is inevitable. Rupert Murdoch will have a huge influence.

Annie
      According to STV’s Westminster political reporter, Kathleen Samson, it might be tomorrow. She seems to be in the know or she likes to think she is. She alleges in her Twitter account that Sir Graham Brady will be making a statement tomorrow. It may well just be wishful thinking on her part.

Comment

To quote Brewsters Millions a funny film,none of the above.
        What a sorry business this is.Smirking and laughing off the issue just days before coming to Parliament to present a 'sincere'apology is really disgraceful from the person who is currently our Prime Minister.
        All those months of sacrifices whilst those in charge ,not as a one off ,but regularly flouted the rules.
        I'm not as convinced as I was that he will go now only time will tell,he is desperate to cling on.
        He should go though as his moral authority is in tatters.
        If he does hang on ,if he is still behind in the polls say next year he will be ditched anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

According to STV’s Westminster political reporter, Kathleen Samson, it might be tomorrow. She seems to be in the know or she likes to think she is. She alleges in her Twitter account that Sir Graham Brady will be making a statement tomorrow. It may well just be wishful thinking on her part.
          Sorry who?? never heard of her.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

I think all of the journalists have vivid imaginations and like to think they are in the know, not just on this subject, but on anything they think they can turn into a “story” to do someone or other down and get themselves “brownie” points. Long on could, might, perhaps, possibly, maybe, if and frequently short on absolute facts. Always adding two and two and getting five.

I think Boris has been very foolish if he knew what was going on and didn’t jump on it immediately. I think Dominic Cummings has made himself unemployable, who wants to employ someone who will do the dirty on you sometime in the future. As far as I can see the so called “parties” are little more than a couple of drinks amongst colleagues at the end of the working day, little different in principle from Starmer’s drinks in his office. I also think the civil servants, including very senior ones, have come out of it badly sending out email invitations and participating.

Let us wait to see the outcome of the current investigation before any of the so called “contenders” think about ordering new headed notepaper!

Comment

It should come as no surprise to anyone that we are governed by a person with no moral compass whatsoever.

Partygate is a sad distraction from all the things that are going really badly in this country and are not getting the scrutiny they deserve.

​​​​​​I think some of the 'alternative candidates' are seriously unappealing too. There are some very, very nasty ones out there.

​​

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

I think all of the journalists have vivid imaginations and like to think they are in the know, not just on this subject, but on anything they think they can turn into a “story” to do someone or other down and get themselves “brownie” points. Long on could, might, perhaps, possibly, maybe, if and frequently short on absolute facts. Always adding two and two and getting five.

I think Boris has been very foolish if he knew what was going on and didn’t jump on it immediately. I think Dominic Cummings has made himself unemployable, who wants to employ someone who will do the dirty on you sometime in the future. As far as I can see the so called “parties” are little more than a couple of drinks amongst colleagues at the end of the working day, little different in principle from Starmer’s drinks in his office. I also think the civil servants, including very senior ones, have come out of it badly sending out email invitations and participating.

Let us wait to see the outcome of the current investigation before any of the so called “contenders” think about ordering new headed notepaper!
                Well I worked throughout the lockdown, we had zoom meetings, any meetings that needed to be in person the number was limited to 5 or 6 in a room that would usually accommodate 12+. Yes we ordered in food and drink if the meeting was over lunchtime (as per Starmer). What we did not do and never even contemplated was getting together at the end of the day for a 'couple of drinks' as that was against the rules.

Cannot see how his replacement can be anyone from the current cabinet as they are all tarred with the same brush of incompetence, all wheeling out their tweets and soundbites in support of Boris.

Comment

Music and sending out for extra supplies sounds like a party to me.This was in his workplace and next door to where he lives and on the eve of Prince Philip's funeral.The suggestion that he would not have been copied in to the email with bring your own bottle sent by his private secretary is laughable too if it wasn't such a slap in the nations' face.
                  If it took him 25 minutes to realise a large gathering with food and wine wasn't work ,maybe he's not the intellectual colossus some would have us believe.

Comment

Liz Truss has reportedly been spotted in B&Q buying a high-powered wallpaper stripper, so she must fancy her chances.

Comment

The world and in particular Europe will be looking on at this shambles, I wonder what they’re thinking!

To keep it brief, never have been nor will be a fan of Boris and the others have little appeal also.

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                        Music and sending out for extra supplies sounds like a party to me.This was in his workplace and next door to where he lives and on the eve of Prince Philip's funeral.The suggestion that he would not have been copied in to the email with bring your own bottle sent by his private secretary is laughable too if it wasn't such a slap in the nations' face.
                        If it took him 25 minutes to realise a large gathering with food and wine wasn't work ,maybe he's not the intellectual colossus some would have us believe.
                        Maybe he should have watched the telly that afternoon, when Oliver Dowden could have explained the rules to him.

It is hard to credit, watching all the current Tory attempts to redefine what is or was acceptable, that in the height of the pandemic some people were having their shopping trolleys policed in case they had the temerity to purchase a bottle of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

people were having their shopping trolleys policed in case they had the temerity to purchase a bottle of wine.
                          The fools should have been using a suitcase.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

The fools should have been using a suitcase.

And if they had bought a wine fridge they could have stocked up properly in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                              I understand that one of the parties on that Friday was held for a future employee of Rupert Murdoch's empire The PM follows RM's instrucrions.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X