• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matter Closed....don't think so!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andyn, Bucks
    started a topic Matter Closed....don't think so!!!!!

Matter Closed....don't think so!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57612441

He broke the rules....his rules. How has he got the front to not resign immediately.

With this, the care home fiasco, the track and trace shambles, contracts for mates, his girlfriend given a £1000 p/d role...........yet he is still in a job, telling us how to run our lives

2500 'officials' flying over, no quarantine but they are 'important'

Complete and utter farce, them and us, we are screwed, there can be no more rules from this bunch of jokers, and whatever they may come up with will be totally ignored.

Does anyone really believe this matter is closed?
    Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 25th June 2021, 03:24 PM.

• cornish girl, falmouth
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi CG
    Lovely to see you participating on a Politics thread.

You won’t be surprised to find I don’t agree with you.

Ferguson paid the price by losing is role on the Sage committee I don’t think his crime was serious enough to lose his livelihood.
    Plus I suspect his expertise is still needed to inform….no need to cut of ones nose to spite ones face.

JC
    Hi jc , I do pop in from time to time , Joe is still carrying on gardening etc but we have had to be careful over these last 2 years ,still hoping to sail on the Iona next May 3rd time lucky I hope!!!

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post

Ferguson is is still lecturing us on the news so why they giving him airtime?
    Hi CG
    Lovely to see you participating on a Politics thread.

You won’t be surprised to find I don’t agree with you.

Ferguson paid the price by losing is role on the Sage committee I don’t think his crime was serious enough to lose his livelihood.
    Plus I suspect his expertise is still needed to inform….no need to cut of ones nose to spite ones face.

JC

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied
    Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post

Yes, I'm surprised he has been so visible. I thought he had resigned from Sage, but maybe he didn't.

Leave a comment:

• cornish girl, falmouth
    replied
    Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
    It's a year since Matt Hancock said Prof Neil Ferguson had made the right decision when he resigned after breaking the rules by visiting his lover during lockdown. Double standards or what?

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Hi Annie
    ”For the Few no the Many”

Always has been,always will be.
    Not what’s best for the country but what do I get out of it.

You are lucky,,I read a good article along the lines of the Tory’s are deliberately picking fights with Scotland,Wales and NI,,,they see those countries as the only barrier to total hegemony in England.
    Without those countries they will ‘rule’ forever in England.

It won’t take long for the North of England to realise they were scammed.,,,,I wish I could be around when we in the North declare independence.

JC
    Hi JC

Discussing this topic with Aussies on a TransPacifc cruise, I stated -JMO- that some English politicians wanted to be rid of RUK and Brexit was a 1st step.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

To quote Robert Harris, the Conservative Partty exists, has always existed and can only exist to acquire and exercise power.

Annie
    Hi Annie
    ”For the Few no the Many”

Always has been,always will be.
    Not what’s best for the country but what do I get out of it.

You are lucky,,I read a good article along the lines of the Tory’s are deliberately picking fights with Scotland,Wales and NI,,,they see those countries as the only barrier to total hegemony in England.
    Without those countries they will ‘rule’ forever in England.

It won’t take long for the North of England to realise they were scammed.,,,,I wish I could be around when we in the North declare independence.

JC

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

A journalist yesterday described the Government as 'an entitled elite who think they have the right to govern' and that just about summed it up for me.

In my view, many of the Tory MPs who had some integrity and consistency (even though I rarely agreed with their views!) were pushed out some time ago. We now seem to be left with a core group at the top who really will say and do anything to stay in power.

I wonder how history will judge them?
    To quote Robert Harris, the Conservative Partty exists, has always existed and can only exist to acquire and exercise power.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied
    Hi all
    Somebody once wrote that the Trump administration was……
    ”A Crime Syndicate masquerading as a Government”

I think this Johnson government is not far behind,,,,it’s one thing after another,Patel,Gove,Jennrick,Johnson all reprimanded by courts of law among others.

Thanks for the Good Law Project for highlighting these law breakers.
    JC
    A journalist yesterday described the Government as 'an entitled elite who think they have the right to govern' and that just about summed it up for me.

In my view, many of the Tory MPs who had some integrity and consistency (even though I rarely agreed with their views!) were pushed out some time ago. We now seem to be left with a core group at the top who really will say and do anything to stay in power.

I wonder how history will judge them?

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    The trouble with this Government, it’s got absolutely NO opposition.😳🤭

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Hi all
    Somebody once wrote that the Trump administration was……
    ”A Crime Syndicate masquerading as a Government”

I think this Johnson government is not far behind,,,,it’s one thing after another,Patel,Gove,Jennrick,Johnson all reprimanded by courts of law among others.

Thanks for the Good Law Project for highlighting these law breakers.
    JC

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied

Hi Lucy
    But Hancock was doing government business on his personal Gmail account.
    He might as well been doing business in the local cafe.
    What was he hiding?,,,maybe security should look at this.

JC
    James Bethell and Helen Whatley too.

They would know full well that wasn't appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

What I want is - where government ministers can conduct business without security risks to the country and whoever leaked this information needs sacking as security needs looking at. This time it was an embarrassment, next time it could be some spy getting secrets which puts the country at risk. You cannot have this type of security risk, otherwise they might as well conduct their business in the local cafe.
    Hi Lucy
    But Hancock was doing government business on his personal Gmail account.
    He might as well been doing business in the local cafe.
    What was he hiding?,,,maybe security should look at this.

JC

Leave a comment:

• lucy, sutton
    replied
    Hi Lucy
    You want someone to lose their job or worse because they embarrassed the government.

The story has a ‘public interest’ element to it so whoever leaked the film is classed as a ‘Whistleblower’ and as such is protected by law.
    Boris Johnson knows this that is why he has not demanded a leak inquiry.

Lets have an enquiry into why Matt Hancock was using his personal e-mail doing government business,what was he hiding?

What you seem to want is a secret government answerable to no one.

JC
    What I want is - where government ministers can conduct business without security risks to the country and whoever leaked this information needs sacking as security needs looking at. This time it was an embarrassment, next time it could be some spy getting secrets which puts the country at risk. You cannot have this type of security risk, otherwise they might as well conduct their business in the local cafe.

Leave a comment:

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Only Boris knows the truth
    Now that is five words I never ever expected to see written down.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X