• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matter Closed....don't think so!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post
    Perhaps he has been socially distancing from his wife and the new lady in his life is part of his bubble?

Perhaps an enquiry into how this information came to be in the hands of the public? Perhaps a few more jobs should be vacated when they find out who has been giving out security videos from inside a government building.
    And as far as she knew there was no problem with their marriage, along with the rest of his family that he went home to every night. So according to his own lines 'social distancing saves lives' he was risking his own families life. Really need to stop trying to find excuses for his behaviour.
    Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 27th June 2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Perhaps he has been socially distancing from his wife and the new lady in his life is part of his bubble?

Perhaps an enquiry into how this information came to be in the hands of the public? Perhaps a few more jobs should be vacated when they find out who has been giving out security videos from inside a government building.
      Hi Lucy
      You want someone to lose their job or worse because they embarrassed the government.

The story has a ‘public interest’ element to it so whoever leaked the film is classed as a ‘Whistleblower’ and as such is protected by law.
      Boris Johnson knows this that is why he has not demanded a leak inquiry.

Lets have an enquiry into why Matt Hancock was using his personal e-mail doing government business,what was he hiding?

What you seem to want is a secret government answerable to no one.

JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Whatever the rights and wrongs of leaks and videos, remember that it is Hancock himself who has caused anguish to his family and upset so many others.

If he had been using his publicly-funded office for its intended purpose - WORK - and focusing on earning his generous, publicly-funded salary, he would not be in this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

I think they need a new security service tech team...........spot the camera

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...GLEN-OWEN.html
          Only Boris knows the truth 😂 or does he ? The stench in politics is overwhelming

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Only Boris knows the truth
            Now that is five words I never ever expected to see written down.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Hi Lucy
              You want someone to lose their job or worse because they embarrassed the government.

The story has a ‘public interest’ element to it so whoever leaked the film is classed as a ‘Whistleblower’ and as such is protected by law.
              Boris Johnson knows this that is why he has not demanded a leak inquiry.

Lets have an enquiry into why Matt Hancock was using his personal e-mail doing government business,what was he hiding?

What you seem to want is a secret government answerable to no one.

JC
              What I want is - where government ministers can conduct business without security risks to the country and whoever leaked this information needs sacking as security needs looking at. This time it was an embarrassment, next time it could be some spy getting secrets which puts the country at risk. You cannot have this type of security risk, otherwise they might as well conduct their business in the local cafe.

Comment

What I want is - where government ministers can conduct business without security risks to the country and whoever leaked this information needs sacking as security needs looking at. This time it was an embarrassment, next time it could be some spy getting secrets which puts the country at risk. You cannot have this type of security risk, otherwise they might as well conduct their business in the local cafe.
                Hi Lucy
                But Hancock was doing government business on his personal Gmail account.
                He might as well been doing business in the local cafe.
                What was he hiding?,,,maybe security should look at this.

JC

Comment

Hi Lucy
                  But Hancock was doing government business on his personal Gmail account.
                  He might as well been doing business in the local cafe.
                  What was he hiding?,,,maybe security should look at this.

JC
                  James Bethell and Helen Whatley too.

They would know full well that wasn't appropriate.

Comment

Hi all
                    Somebody once wrote that the Trump administration was……
                    ”A Crime Syndicate masquerading as a Government”

I think this Johnson government is not far behind,,,,it’s one thing after another,Patel,Gove,Jennrick,Johnson all reprimanded by courts of law among others.

Thanks for the Good Law Project for highlighting these law breakers.
                    JC

Comment

The trouble with this Government, it’s got absolutely NO opposition.😳🤭
                      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Hi all
                        Somebody once wrote that the Trump administration was……
                        ”A Crime Syndicate masquerading as a Government”

I think this Johnson government is not far behind,,,,it’s one thing after another,Patel,Gove,Jennrick,Johnson all reprimanded by courts of law among others.

Thanks for the Good Law Project for highlighting these law breakers.
                        JC
                        A journalist yesterday described the Government as 'an entitled elite who think they have the right to govern' and that just about summed it up for me.

In my view, many of the Tory MPs who had some integrity and consistency (even though I rarely agreed with their views!) were pushed out some time ago. We now seem to be left with a core group at the top who really will say and do anything to stay in power.

I wonder how history will judge them?

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

A journalist yesterday described the Government as 'an entitled elite who think they have the right to govern' and that just about summed it up for me.

In my view, many of the Tory MPs who had some integrity and consistency (even though I rarely agreed with their views!) were pushed out some time ago. We now seem to be left with a core group at the top who really will say and do anything to stay in power.

I wonder how history will judge them?
                          To quote Robert Harris, the Conservative Partty exists, has always existed and can only exist to acquire and exercise power.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

To quote Robert Harris, the Conservative Partty exists, has always existed and can only exist to acquire and exercise power.

Annie
                            Hi Annie
                            ”For the Few no the Many”

Always has been,always will be.
                            Not what’s best for the country but what do I get out of it.

You are lucky,,I read a good article along the lines of the Tory’s are deliberately picking fights with Scotland,Wales and NI,,,they see those countries as the only barrier to total hegemony in England.
                            Without those countries they will ‘rule’ forever in England.

It won’t take long for the North of England to realise they were scammed.,,,,I wish I could be around when we in the North declare independence.

JC

Comment

Hi Annie
                              ”For the Few no the Many”

Always has been,always will be.
                              Not what’s best for the country but what do I get out of it.

You are lucky,,I read a good article along the lines of the Tory’s are deliberately picking fights with Scotland,Wales and NI,,,they see those countries as the only barrier to total hegemony in England.
                              Without those countries they will ‘rule’ forever in England.

It won’t take long for the North of England to realise they were scammed.,,,,I wish I could be around when we in the North declare independence.

JC
                              Hi JC

Discussing this topic with Aussies on a TransPacifc cruise, I stated -JMO- that some English politicians wanted to be rid of RUK and Brexit was a 1st step.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
                                It's a year since Matt Hancock said Prof Neil Ferguson had made the right decision when he resigned after breaking the rules by visiting his lover during lockdown. Double standards or what?

​​​​​
                                Ferguson is is still lecturing us on the news so why they giving him airtime?
                                sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X