• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump supporters invade the Capitol Building!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonraker, Royal Wootton Bassett
    replied
    Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
    Pleased to see Johnson has condemned it along with other UK politicians.Hope to hear more condemnation though no doubt Trump will twist it.
    I would think that the leaders in every democratic country will. I heard a suggestion that Pence could invoke the 25th Amendment and boot Trump out. It probably won't happen but I'd love to see Trump brought to book in some way for this.

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied
    Pleased to see Johnson has condemned it along with other UK politicians.Hope to hear more condemnation though no doubt Trump will twist it.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear
    replied
    Let's pray they don't Helen. A very sad state of affairs.

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    Stunned or am I ??

What a day - Georgia has turned blue!
    And in the meantime the streets of DC might turn red......

Helen

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
    He has posted a video appealing to his supporters to go home... and at the same time, repeating his claims of election fraud.

Now Twitter has stopped this being replied to or re-tweeted, because of the risk of violence.

What has it come to, that a US President's tweets have to be censored!!!
    Why? Because DT tells these rioters that he loves them and that they are very special people. I find it hard to believe that so few people have been arrested. When people were protesting in front of the WHITE HOUSE IN June they were all moved off with tear gas and heavy handed tactics by the police so DT could go across the plaza for his photo op in front of the boarded up church. I hope Trump is led out of the White House in handcuffs! 😡

Helen😡

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    I was watching CNN and the beginning of the legislative procedures in the Capitol and Ted Cruz had just started his usual inane spiel, so I changed channel. And I came back to chaos, nutters smashing windows and invading the building and someone even sitting in the chair Mike Pence had used! Apparently the earlier request for the National Guard had been refused and so security had been overwhelmed!

There’s been a lot of condemnation of Trump’s actions and his weak call for the protestors to leave. What a disgrace he is!

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied
    He has posted a video appealing to his supporters to go home... and at the same time, repeating his claims of election fraud.

Now Twitter has stopped this being replied to or re-tweeted, because of the risk of violence.

What has it come to, that a US President's tweets have to be censored!!!

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied
    I am not surprised but am shocked. This person is supposed to be the leader of the free world.
    If someone like Mugabe was behaving like this the world would condemn him.Where are Western leaders in all this?
    Truly disgraceful.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Stunned or am I ??

What a day - Georgia has turned blue!

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    People have already been shot at ! What is Trump doing? He is watching this on TV and letting his press secretary say that DT has called out the National guard. What DT wants is nothing short of civil war. I’m afraid the 25th amendment needs to be invoked now. He is not fit for office.

Helen

Leave a comment:

• Moonraker, Royal Wootton Bassett
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
    i have just witnessed the most shocking aspect of the whole US presidential election. Trump supporters have just invaded the Capitol Building after protesting outside at the behest of President Trump. Police have just had to deploy teargas inside the rotunda of the Capitol and members of Congress and their staff members have been told to wear gas masks. I am appalled by this and it makes me ashamed to be an American. Trump has basically ordered his flock of sheep to stage a coup and they are obeying him. This horrible man will have yet more blood on his hands by tomorrow morning.

I am horrified. Helen
    Be horrified but don't be ashamed. None of the Americans I have ever known were remotely like Trump or the buffoons who worship and enable him. What's happening is a disgrace and I hope, and maybe it's a forlorn hope, that those politicians who intended to disrupt the proceedings will now see how stupid they've been.

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    There has now been an armed confrontation in the Capitol. Congress members have been told to don their gas masks. As my friend says if it had been BLM protestors doing this they would have been gunned down.

Helen

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    I have posted a live link in your other post on Trump

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X