• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump supporters invade the Capitol Building!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
    Yesterday a reporter was explaining that she had interviewed Trump supporters lately, and many had never even heard the story of his phone call attempting to get those extra votes to swing the election - and when told about it, didn't believe it.

    It seems that many of his supporters live in their own alternative world, where the stories they hear are solely from Facebook conspiracy theories, Trump's tweets, Fox News and the like.

    It highlights the danger of fake news and lies perpetuated by populist governments and should be a lesson to supposed democracies everywhere.
    There is a section of society that use Fb only as their news source.

    We have the same issue in this country.

    Annie

    Comment


      #32
      Its interesting if you look back a couple of years ago on this forum on views about Trump.A considerable shift by some .Not saying that's a bad thing, merely an observation ..
      I hope and trust there are no more terrible scenes,but you couldn't rule it out.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
        Its interesting if you look back a couple of years ago on this forum on views about Trump.A considerable shift by some .Not saying that's a bad thing, merely an observation ..
        I hope and trust there are no more terrible scenes,but you couldn't rule it out.
        My comment on the 3rd Oct 2020 on the ‘Did Anybody See The Bunfight’ thread was

        ‘Have never liked trump even before the 2016 election’

        My opinion has not changed, only confirmed and become more entrenched.
        .


        Delboy


        Photo Albums

        https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

        or

        https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

          My comment on the 3rd Oct 2020 on the ‘Did Anybody See The Bunfight’ thread was

          ‘Have never liked trump even before the 2016 election’

          My opinion has not changed, only confirmed and become more entrenched.
          .

          I well remember your early views on Trump,Delboy.
          Entirely accurate (in my view)
          Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 8th January 2021, 11:14 AM. Reason: Addition

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post


            My opinion has not changed, only confirmed and become more entrenched.

            Same here. He seemed far too close to a bloke my father fought against in WW2. It didn't end well for him either, did it?
            Logic will get you from A to B.
            Imagination will take you everywhere.

            Comment


              #36
              I get the feeling that Mike Pence threatened Trump with invoking the 25th Amendment if he didn’t back down. The video he made this morning was definitely NOT scripted by him. Oh to have been a fly on the wall!

              Take care and stay well. Helen

              Comment


                #37
                I thought the same Helen, that DT was merely reading someone else’s words....he has a very flat way of talking when he does so. A CNN guest also agreed this morning that he has a habit of going off script ie saying one thing and then doing the opposite. They were pleased that today the Wall St Journal ( Rupert Murdoch....also Fox News) had called for him to resign.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                  I get the feeling that Mike Pence threatened Trump with invoking the 25th Amendment if he didn’t back down. The video he made this morning was definitely NOT scripted by him. Oh to have been a fly on the wall!

                  Take care and stay well. Helen
                  Nothing has changed with Trump, this latest video is him him trying to save his skin, If the 25th Amendment is invoked, he would not be allowed to hold office again or pardon himself.

                  Delboy


                  Photo Albums

                  https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

                  or

                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Trump has just announced he will not be attending the inauguration of Joe Biden.

                    I think he will impeached next week.
                    Delboy


                    Photo Albums

                    https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

                    or

                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

                    Comment


                      #40

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                        Trump has just announced he will not be attending the inauguration of Joe Biden.

                        I think he will impeached next week.
                        Joe Biden and his family must be heartbroken.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Yup! I hope that the impeachment process starts. This way the powers that be can ban him from running for office again.

                          Take care and stay well. Helen

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

                            Yup! I hope that the impeachment process starts. This way the powers that be can ban him from running for office again.

                            Take care and stay well. Helen
                            I didn't realise that until last night. Also the process can continue even if he is not in office.

                            The best thing we can do is what should have been done from the beginning - IGNORE HIM.

                            Annie

                            Comment


                              #44
                              One of those who died, tasered himself in the balls

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Why hasn't Guiliani been arrested? What he said and when, where, and to whom he said it looked a lot like incitement at the very least.
                                Logic will get you from A to B.
                                Imagination will take you everywhere.

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X