• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump supporters invade the Capitol Building!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    One of those who died, tasered himself in the balls

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

Yup! I hope that the impeachment process starts. This way the powers that be can ban him from running for office again.

Take care and stay well. Helen
    I didn't realise that until last night. Also the process can continue even if he is not in office.

The best thing we can do is what should have been done from the beginning - IGNORE HIM.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    Yup! I hope that the impeachment process starts. This way the powers that be can ban him from running for office again.

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied
    Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
    Trump has just announced he will not be attending the inauguration of Joe Biden.

I think he will impeached next week.
    Joe Biden and his family must be heartbroken.

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    Trump has just announced he will not be attending the inauguration of Joe Biden.

I think he will impeached next week.

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
    I get the feeling that Mike Pence threatened Trump with invoking the 25th Amendment if he didn’t back down. The video he made this morning was definitely NOT scripted by him. Oh to have been a fly on the wall!

Nothing has changed with Trump, this latest video is him him trying to save his skin, If the 25th Amendment is invoked, he would not be allowed to hold office again or pardon himself.

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    I thought the same Helen, that DT was merely reading someone else’s words....he has a very flat way of talking when he does so. A CNN guest also agreed this morning that he has a habit of going off script ie saying one thing and then doing the opposite. They were pleased that today the Wall St Journal ( Rupert Murdoch....also Fox News) had called for him to resign.

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    I get the feeling that Mike Pence threatened Trump with invoking the 25th Amendment if he didn’t back down. The video he made this morning was definitely NOT scripted by him. Oh to have been a fly on the wall!

Leave a comment:

• Moonraker, Royal Wootton Bassett
    replied

My opinion has not changed, only confirmed and become more entrenched.

Same here. He seemed far too close to a bloke my father fought against in WW2. It didn't end well for him either, did it?

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied

My comment on the 3rd Oct 2020 on the ‘Did Anybody See The Bunfight’ thread was

‘Have never liked trump even before the 2016 election’

I well remember your early views on Trump,Delboy.
    Entirely accurate (in my view)
    Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 8th January 2021, 11:14 AM. Reason: Addition

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
    Its interesting if you look back a couple of years ago on this forum on views about Trump.A considerable shift by some .Not saying that's a bad thing, merely an observation ..
    I hope and trust there are no more terrible scenes,but you couldn't rule it out.
    My comment on the 3rd Oct 2020 on the ‘Did Anybody See The Bunfight’ thread was

‘Have never liked trump even before the 2016 election’

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied
    Its interesting if you look back a couple of years ago on this forum on views about Trump.A considerable shift by some .Not saying that's a bad thing, merely an observation ..
    I hope and trust there are no more terrible scenes,but you couldn't rule it out.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
    Yesterday a reporter was explaining that she had interviewed Trump supporters lately, and many had never even heard the story of his phone call attempting to get those extra votes to swing the election - and when told about it, didn't believe it.

It seems that many of his supporters live in their own alternative world, where the stories they hear are solely from Facebook conspiracy theories, Trump's tweets, Fox News and the like.

It highlights the danger of fake news and lies perpetuated by populist governments and should be a lesson to supposed democracies everywhere.
    There is a section of society that use Fb only as their news source.

We have the same issue in this country.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied
    Yesterday a reporter was explaining that she had interviewed Trump supporters lately, and many had never even heard the story of his phone call attempting to get those extra votes to swing the election - and when told about it, didn't believe it.

It seems that many of his supporters live in their own alternative world, where the stories they hear are solely from Facebook conspiracy theories, Trump's tweets, Fox News and the like.

It highlights the danger of fake news and lies perpetuated by populist governments and should be a lesson to supposed democracies everywhere.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X