• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is that going to work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is that going to work?

I read Wales is going to ban travellers from UK hot spots from tomorrow. How will that work?

Police officers on every road in and out of Wales? Will them sneaky northerners come down the M6, M5 and in on the M4 pretending they are from the west? Ditto the other way for the sneaky Londoners? Black market in fake utility bills, bank statements etc. with false addresses?

I would think they would use ANPR

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
      I read Wales is going to ban travellers from UK hot spots from tomorrow. How will that work?

Police officers on every road in and out of Wales? Will them sneaky northerners come down the M6, M5 and in on the M4 pretending they are from the west? Ditto the other way for the sneaky Londoners? Black market in fake utility bills, bank statements etc. with false addresses?
      Why would any responsible individual want to travel out of their local area??

It is not about ME but about WE.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Why would any responsible individual want to travel out of their local area??

Annie
        Everyone was advised to book a staycation rather than foreign travel. As the hospitality sector is still open, will anyone who has booked a week or weekend in Wales get a refund? Likely to last into and over half term.
        Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 15th October 2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Everyone was advised to book a staycation rather than foreign travel. As the hospitality sector is still open, will anyone who has booked a week or weekend in Wales get a refund?
          Fortunate are those who can afford to book a half term break

I would love to travel to the Scottish Islands but I decided the more responsible action would be not to travel.

As to refunds, I think it will be at the discretion of the hotel or venue owner?? I don't know.

Annie

Comment

Fortunate are those who can afford to book a half term break

I would love to travel to the Scottish Islands but I decided the more responsible action would be not to travel.

As to refunds, I think it will be at the discretion of the hotel or venue owner?? I don't know.

Annie
            Fortunate????
            I would think there are quite a lot of people who were planning a half term break as any summer break was wiped out.

Comment

Hi Annie
              You should offer your services to the government they are running out of slogans.

JC
              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Fortunate????
                I would think there are quite a lot of people who were planning a half term break as any summer break was wiped out.
                My summer break was wiped out too.

I do know families who have gone years without a holiday.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                  Hi Annie
                  You should offer your services to the government they are running out of slogans.

JC
                  Hi JC

I can't claim credit - I pinched it from Andrew Cuomo of New York

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                    Hi Annie

JC
                    Hi JC

I liked this - I know it is in German

Comment

My summer break was wiped out too.

I do know families who have gone years without a holiday.

Annie
                      That should be comforting for those who are liable to lose any money for booking half term breaks.
                      Maybe we can use that reply next time someone on here complains about their itinerary changing.

Comment

That should be comforting for those who are liable to lose any money for booking half term breaks.
                        Maybe we can use that reply next time someone on here complains about their itinerary changing.
                        If they have insurance, they should not be out of pocket?? Did Peter not re-schedule a booking without losing money.

Annie

Comment

Listening to Drakeford this morning on the news he was talking about people not being able to come here for their half term breaks, When asked who would be responsible for turning them away he said hotels , B&Bs and camp sites cant take bookings! It was pointed out that people would have booked a long time ago but he couldnt comprehend that, I booked my train ticket to b,mouth to see my family for half term at the start of sept, ( to make sure I could get a seat on the train ) and now I wont be able to go there ( unless they take caerphilly out of lockdown ) It also says on our welsh website that caerphilly has been in lockdown for nearly 3 weeks... we went in sept 8th!!!!! who is worried about numbers and true info????????????

Comment

I would think they would use ANPR
                            Does it identify driver and passengers names and addresses?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                              Does it identify driver and passengers names and addresses?
                              You can get where it is taxed, insured and MOT'ed, so in the majority of cases, yes.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X