• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, well, well . . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, well, well . . . .

Can we expect the same intense "interest" from the Remain lobby, the far Left, the "Blob", assorted politicians, the media and Uncle Tom Cobley and All as Dominic Cummings has had?

See https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-rules.html and https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/117260...birthday-snap/

Corbyn is an Honourable Member of Parliament, a person formally elected to the UK national legislative body, and thus a law maker. He represents over 76,000 constituents. Is he setting a good example? Cummings is just a government employee, advises politicians and represents no one.

In the coming days we will no doubt see evidence of double standards with a thousand reasons why Corbyn is not subjected to the same mobs and judgements for days as Cummings has been. This despite the fact that he has clearly broken the social distancing rules. I wonder if the same persons, some with questionable intelligence, will be saying "if it is good enough for him it is good enough for me"?
    Last edited by JohnR, Chippenham; 28th May 2020, 02:00 PM.

Corbyn the lost years,

is anyone really interested in anything he does these days?

Comment

Did he help write the rules?

Comment

For goodness sake - this (Jeremy Corbin) certainly seems stupid but it’s nothing like as irresponsible.
        Last edited by BinleyBilly, Binley, Coventry; 28th May 2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle
          Do you have a secret crush on Jeremy Corbyn?

You seem obsessed with him... and now you're collecting photos of him gazing longingly at you into the camera lens.
          The post, not the poster!!!
          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Shocking. He must have a problem with his eyesight if he can't judge distance properly. There's a lot of it about.
            Logic will get you from A to B.
            Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

Lie, lie, and lie again, blame the media and deflect

Although as far as deflection goes this is so weak, Is this really the best they can do.

Comment

Anyone who does not respect the rules and particularly those in a public position,deserve criticism. However,Cummings is not merely a Government employee he is the PMs chief advisor.The reason why Tory Mps have called for him to go is at least partly because of the power he exerts.With that power comes responsibility. Durham Police have confirmed the Barnard Castle trip broke the regulations, but they will not take retrospective action.For that reason and the effect it has had on compliance, he should go.However,of course he won't.Why is he so hard to replace?Chief advisors have transgressed in the past and their departure is usually swift.This represents very poor judgement at a time when we need and deserve better
                Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 28th May 2020, 04:22 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Hi all
                  Mr Corbyn should have been given a telling by police,,,,so should Mr Cummins.
                  Two wrongs don't,,,,,,,,,
                  So should the Tory MP And Cabinet Minister Mr Jenrick.
                  JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Well my light hearted joke backfired.
                    Thank you for making me feel like rubbish.
                    Don't worry you will find quite a lot of humour goes unnoticed.
                    (sometimes it is best to use an imoji)

Comment

Don't worry Sandra, I got the joke but I am ………………… Scots/Irish

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Don't worry Sandra, I got the joke but I am ………………… Scots/Irish

Annie
                        Hi Annie and Sandra
                        We all got the joke and I am half English/Irish.

There is a lack of .'irony' on this forum at times.
                        Sandra,,just put a winking emoji like the above,it gets you away with murder sometimes.

JC

Last edited by jc, liverpool; 28th May 2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

To offer another perspective, the Corbyn story has featured in the same number of newspapers as the Cummings story initially did.Lets see how the public react.If they don't react in the same way , maybe it might be partly political. I would suggest however that it would have more to do with the fact that to many people Corbyn is now an irrelevance, but mainly to do with the fact that Cummings helped frame the regulations and then disregarded them.
                          There are plenty of people I know who are not interested in politics at all but are really angry about this issue.
                          Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 28th May 2020, 06:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Hi all
                            OK,,,,Mr Corbyn walks through the park having a nice cup of coffe on his birthday.
                            Man runs up to him,,quick as a flash,can I have a photo Mr Corbyn,,,before Mr Corbyn can answer mans friend takes his photo.

Said photo then ends up in the hands of that gutter rag,the Scum,,,sorry Sun......

Mmmmm!!! Rats and Smell come to mind.
                            JC

Comment

It happens to the best of us. Some of us did get the joke Sandy.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X