• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unashamedly a political post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
    So true. We haven’t had all of the hysteria about them from the posters to this Topic during the last 8 weeks!

As the title of the Post says “Unashamedly a political post“ and as the loudest voices seem to come from the same political standpoint that is clearly the case.

Ditto the media and politicians.
    Which political standpoint would that be. Lefty remoaner marxist armchair hindsighters, Would that include the Daily Mail, tory ministers, the ERG..

Obviously it is a Political Post, the title is for those who want to steer clear. I could havre titled it 'Is it ok to visit relatives 260 miles away', would that have been better for your sensibilities.

You are expecting the same 'hysteria' when a member of the general public breaks the rules as when the rule maker breaks them

We have had some reaction over the weeks........................................

'JohnR, Chippenham replied
    5th April 2020, 02:06 PM

Do as I say plebs, not as I do.
    Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 25th May 2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

As the headline of the opening post says it’s political, nothing more nothing less.

It’s has nothing to do with whether Cummings did or did not drive 260 + miles or whether he visited a castle or not. They are just smoke screens as is the so called outrage.

There was very little media coverage and outrage of the recent demonstration in London against lock down. At which both Jeremy Corbyn’s son was arrested and fined and Corbyn’s brother fined for breaking social distancing rules as were many others at the demonstration.

The opposition party’s and armchair critics of the government, hate Cummings for the job he did in helping BJ get elected and getting Brexit through parliament. They hate him and have been after his blood for months. Again as the opening post states and I quote “ Could be the best news we've had for weeks”. They thought at last they had nailed him.

The media hate him for the contempt he shows them and as for Piers Morgan Saying he is now going to get in his car land going to see his mum enough said.

Lovely Sunny day here in Essex don’t think I will going out though, too many people on the seafront breaking the social distancing rules. Have a good day.
      Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 25th May 2020, 08:29 AM.
      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
        As the headline of the opening post says it’s political, nothing more nothing less.

It’s has nothing to do with whether Cummings did or did not drive 260 + miles or whether he visited a castle or not. They are just smoke screens as is the so called outrage.

There was very little media coverage and outrage of the recent demonstration in London against lock down. At which both Jeremy Corbyn’s son was arrested and fined and Corbyn’s brother fined for breaking social distancing rules as were many others at the demonstration.

The opposition party’s and armchair critics of the government, hate Cummings for the job he did in helping BJ get elected and getting Brexit through parliament. They hate him and have been after his blood for months. Again as the opening post states and I quote “ Could be the best news we've had for weeks”. They thought at last they had nailed him.

The media hate him for the contempt he shows them and as for Piers Morgan Saying he is now going to get in his car land going to see his mum enough said.
        I can't believe you don't get it. This is the man that makes the rules. The whole government message falls apart if the leaders are not following it..............of course it is political
        Does that hate include the ERG and Daily Mail It is great news, haven't you heard lockdown is over.....thats the message

'do as I say plebs, not as I do'
        Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 25th May 2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Piers Corbyn and Jeremy Corbyn’s son are private individuals,they are not advisors to the government with the responsibility of drawing up the governments strategy on coping with the Coronavirus. You complain about political posts, your post is highly political and your hatred of Jeremy Corbyn is obvious! Hypocrite comes to mind.

Comment

I said at the beginning of this thread. that Cummings is Teflon man.

What concerns me is that there will be some who will say, why follow the rules, cease social distancing and the virus will continue to spread.

Annie

Comment

Lovely Sunny day here in Essex don’t think I will going out though, too many people on the seafront breaking the social distancing rules. Have a good day.
              There was plenty of coverage of Corbyns family actually..They acted wrongly and were called out.I seem to recall that the criticism of Boris Johnson's dad for going to the pub was seen as mean sprited and unfair as he was a private individual.They are not in Government though and did not set the rules.It may be political for some but at least some people of all spectrums can see the hypocrisy of this man and in attempting to save his own skin,trying to deny statements by the Police.You can't get much more desperate than that.
              As I've already mentioned several Tory Mps feel he should go.Presumably they've defected then if it's entirely political?
              I have no doubt that a good number of people would flout the guidelines on a lovely sunny day like today.Id also suggest the numbers are likely to be higher after this sorry incident.
              Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 25th May 2020, 09:06 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

I can't believe you don't get it. This is the man that makes the rules. The whole government message falls apart if the leaders are not following it..............of course it is political
                Does that hate include the ERG and Daily Mail It is great news, haven't you heard lockdown is over.....thats the message

'do as I say plebs, not as I do'
                So Dominic Cummings makes the rules. Silly me, and I thought he was just an adviser.

Still if he does make the rules that is good. It means we can get rid of the 650 MPs, many of whom have never had an original or positive thought in their heads, the senior civil servants and many others on the government payroll then.

That will save us some money and he, on a relatively minor salary in the scheme of public sector salaries I understand, can just get on with running the country without any hindrances.

Comment

Comment

Many on the left do indeed despise DC (hate is surely an unwise word) but so too do many among the Conservative ranks and, doubtless, the Cabinet if only because he is prominent within the inner cabal. But it is DC who proudly boasts that the over-riding lie regarding the £50m for the NHS Brexit argument was fully justified because it achieved the ends. Not many scruples there. And surely you do not doubt that his actions regarding his Durham trip(s) were totally irresponsible given his position in this government? Especially given the sacrifices made by so many in keeping with the stated rules?

I thought the ‘total scruff’ look exhibited on his leaving No. 10 yesterday showed his contempt for his critics and especially the media with admirable panache by the way.

enjoy the sunshine.

Comment

So Dominic Cummings makes the rules. Silly me, and I thought he was just an adviser.

Still if he does make the rules that is good. It means we can get rid of the 650 MPs, many of whom have never had an original or positive thought in their heads, the senior civil servants and many others on the government payroll then.

That will save us some money and he, on a relatively minor salary in the scheme of public sector salaries I understand, can just get on with running the country without any hindrances.
                      From my armchair I guessed that he would be the one to advise, as advisers do, that the slogan should be 'Stay at home protect the NHS, save lives' as he was also credited with 'get brexit done'.....was that the only nit pick you could find???? .I will assume that you agree with everything else in the post

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle

I don't think you'll see Laura there. She's been keeping a much lower profile in this matter than one might expect....
                        Yes, I understand she has been subject to considerable threats and abuse by extreme Left wing trolls. They objected to some of her comments about Dominic Cummings and, as is so often the way with the extreme Left, they only believe in "free speech" so long as it agrees with their views.

I hasten to add, I rarely agree with her "take" on political matters but would never stoop so low as to threaten or abuse her, or anyone else for that matter. We are all so fortunate that the British people could see what an extreme Left Marxist government might have done to this great country of ours when they voted at the last election.

Comment

Yes, I understand she has been subject to considerable threats and abuse by extreme Left wing trolls. They objected to some of her comments about Dominic Cummings and, as is so often the way with the extreme Left, they only believe in "free speech" so long as it agrees with their views.

I hasten to add, I rarely agree with her "take" on political matters but would never stoop so low as to threaten or abuse her, or anyone else for that matter. We are all so fortunate that the British people could see what an extreme Left Marxist government might have done to this great country of ours when they voted at the last election.
                          You are slipping, you left anti-semite out of your usual rant

Comment

Ah yes free speech.The Tory party had a paid for advert featuring Laura Kuernsberg and Huw Edwards taken down by Facebook which was edited to suggest they were expressing an opinion on Brexit themselves when they were actually quoting Johnson.

Comment

As I have said before in this, I am not at all impressed by Cummings behaviour and now BJs reaction.
                              But how long until it and our outrage is forgotten? Remember bending the truth for the Brexit referendum, proroguing parliament, later ruled illegal?
                              ​​​​​​The method is do the deed, get the result never mind the mechanics, move on. Its how Trump keeps going and now this lot.
                              All will be forgotten when the next crisis looms.

Looking out of the window there are planty of people about, all ages. Second mobile home has passed. On the way to Durham maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle

I really hope you aren't suggesting that posters who feel very unhappy about the damaging effects of the Dominic Cummings situation, and wish to say so and discuss it, are in some way supportive of members of the general public who have flouted the rules we all tried our best to follow.
                                Of course not.

It is surprising however that so much hysteria has been whipped up about the activities of one particular man, a man truly hated by many on the Left, the Luvvies and the Establishment, whilst thousands of others have been doing the same as he is accused of with little or no comment. A man who put the welfare of his young child first, did not "break the law" as I understand it, and has not "been spoken to" by the police.

A story long on accusations, supposition, conjecture, un-named sources and short on facts. If or when it is proved he broke the law that is a different matter.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X