• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unashamedly a political post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unashamedly a political post

Could be the best news we've had for weeks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52779356

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

I don't think he is the only one ? The Royal family seemed to be on the move at the same time ?

Comment

Coming up with the rules for the public and then ignoring them yourself, AND travelling all that way with symptons

Comment

Coming up with the rules for the public and then ignoring them yourself, AND travelling all that way with symptons
        To leave his son in the care of his elderly patents ?? Does he not have any friends in London??

Annie

PS They won't sack him - he is Teflon

Comment

Silly man...exposing his parents to Covid.
          Deserves everything ( if anything) he gets.

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by echo, derby View Post

I don't think he is the only one ? The Royal family seemed to be on the move at the same time ?
            Charles and Camilla certainly moved to Scotland the weekend before the official lockdown and I thought he had Highgrove??

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
              Silly man...exposing his parents to Covid.
              Deserves everything ( if anything) he gets.

Garf
              "if some pensioners die, too bad"

Comment

In another recent thread it was suggested that the Government was doing a good job and problems were being caused by the general public not observing the guidelines. We now have a so called Covidiot at the centre of government.
                The Scottish Chief medical officer and the scientific adviser had to go for lesser breaches.Cummings position is now untenable.If he doesn't go, it sends out a terrible message.

Comment

• ev'n'clive, HENGOED
                  Editing a comment
                  its been the government believing they were untouchable all the way through, yet its down to us to take the flack for it spreading, what bugs me is WHO is driving the ministerial cars... so much for social distancing... and WHO is cutting their hair!!!!

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone . . . “

Comment

Wonder how long the media have been sitting on this one.

8pm on a Friday of a BH weekend.

it has been reported it may have also been his mums birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    Wonder how long the media have been sitting on this one.

8pm on a Friday of a BH weekend.

it has been reported it may have also been his mums birthday.
                    I wondered about that too.

Have the media been played??

Possibly the country will say to hell with the lockdown and go back to work which is what the government wants??

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                      It's not about casting stones,it's about taking responsibility for your actions. I seem to recall you suggesting you would be nervous to go out and mingle with people who could not keep to the guidelines which 'are easy to understand '.Yet here is a man at the heart of government who has potentially contributed to the spread of the virus.
                      One rule for us and another for those in power.

Comment

I think its the deceit more than anything that causes the problems.

I know of a couple of grand parents who have looked after their grandchildren while the parents have been poorly for one reason or another. They have felt awful because they are breaking the rules, but what else could they do?

Remember the old saying 'Beware your sins will find you out' .................................................. ....Carol

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                          Well, I've stuck to the rules so I'll do it. A Covidiot's a Covidiot no matter what colour rosette he wears. He's a Covidiot.

'if some pensioners die, too bad'

.......a hypocrite too. Now where's that boulder?
                          Logic will get you from A to B.
                          Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

Remember as we move into the next phase the politicians need their scapegoats expect a few advisers to fall by the wayside.

it seems that maybe what has been done has followed the plan but the plan was wrong as it was based on flu but even when obvious it was wrong it was followed anyway.

I recall it being said a few weeks backwhen this is all over that's the time to review as you don't mess about during the plan.

this report

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nd-of-pandemic

back on may 11 Jeremy hunt had this to say
                            https://hansard.parliament.uk/Common...302DF/Covid-19

I want to focus my comments on the quality of scientific advice received by Ministers. It is now clear that a major blind spot in the approach taken in Europe and America was our focus on pandemic flu rather than pandemic coronaviruses, such as SARS or MERS. Asian countries took a different path. As a result, Korea has had no more than nine deaths on any one day, Singapore is on just 20 deaths in total and Taiwan is on just seven.

The failure to look at what those countries were doing at the outset will rank as one of the biggest failures of scientific advice to Ministers in our lifetimes. One can understand the reluctance to look at a totalitarian regime such as China, when it dangerously covered up the existence of the virus at the outset. But why, when the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies was modelling possible responses in January, did it look only at the extremes of total lockdown or mitigated herd immunity, rather than at the middle way of test, track and trace that was being pursued by the Asian democracies?

I think they all got caught out by the period of Asymptomatic transmission.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X