• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I mention I was in a band?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I mention I was in a band?

I've been away from the forum for nearly four months now because, as I said at the time, I was losing interest (tipping / smoking / animosity), but with our next cruise only eight weeks away I've started thinking about cruising again. Actually, it'll be our honeymoon - we're getting married a couple of days before and have treated ourselves to a premier suite on Balmoral .

But back to the band... I'm on the right playing bass. We were called Greenhill and were together a few years before breaking up in inevitable rock band acrimony.

We didn't play many gigs, but we recorded 59 original songs (including the one in the video) and I thought the time had come to give them an airing. I've set up a band page on SoundClick (SoundClick artist: Greenhill (UK) - page with MP3 music downloads) where the songs can be heard for free if anyone's interested :o.

Welcome back Dave!

Hang on, is 'Rock & Roll' compatible with Fred Olsen cruises?
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Dave, Whitstable View Post
      I've been away from the forum for nearly four months now because, as I said at the time, I was losing interest (tipping / smoking / animosity), but with our next cruise only eight weeks away I've started thinking about cruising again. Actually, it'll be our honeymoon - we're getting married a couple of days before and have treated ourselves to a premier suite on Balmoral .

But back to the band... I'm on the right playing bass. We were called Greenhill and were together a few years before breaking up in inevitable rock band acrimony.

We didn't play many gigs, but we recorded 59 original songs (including the one in the video) and I thought the time had come to give them an airing. I've set up a band page on SoundClick (SoundClick artist: Greenhill (UK) - page with MP3 music downloads) where the songs can be heard for free if anyone's interested :o.

Hi Dave , welcome back

Many posters said you were missed.

Four months away and you haven't missed too much , the most controversial subjects are still tipping and smoking therefore unavoidable animosity !

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding and I wish you good luck for the future, happy cruising and success with your music.

Christiaan.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave, Whitstable;84262]I've been away from the forum for nearly four months now because, as I said at the time, I was losing interest (tipping / smoking / animosity), but with our next cruise only eight weeks away I've started thinking about cruising again. Actually, it'll be our honeymoon - we're getting married a couple of days before and have treated ourselves to a premier suite on Balmoral .

Welcome back Dave. Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding.

I wonder how many more musicians we have on the forum? Alan plays guitar, and played in several bands (or groups as they were then) but nothing more than local clubs. He still drags himself out occasionally for local charities. He played with the band on Ocean Majesty last year (when he though no one was listening);)

Have a great time on Balmoral.

Judith

Comment

Welcome back from us too. Dave!

You have been missed, but not really missed much on here.
          Congratulations and have a wonderful Honeymoon cruise.

A bit of Rock and Roll would go down a treat on Balmoral I'm sure.

Carol ;)
          sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

You were def. missing at the Azura naming ceremony. It was an excellent occasion.

Comment

On the subject of music:

Guests can discover their inner rock star on board Norwegian Epic
              See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Dave, You were definitely missed and there were lots of people asking if anyone knew how you were. It's so good to hear you are well and great news about the wedding. Congratulations to you both and have a great cruise.:D

Have just had a listen to some of the tracks - especially like 'Perfect Politeness' which is what you always strived for on here.
                Last edited by MarieC, Troon; 9th June 2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Grateful FO

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                  You were def. missing at the Azura naming ceremony. It was an excellent occasion.
                  Yep, welcome back Dave: but you've blown my theory. While we were all waiting to meet you on Azura I noticed a FO ship on QE2 Terminal. I proudly announced that Dave was so used to Fred Olsen ships that he'd automatically joined her: and FO were so grateful they would not let him off.

Comment

Welcome back Dave. We sure missed you postings. Congratulations on your coming wedding. Your music is really good.
                    EDNA

Comment

Dave,
                      You've been missed but not forgotten! I even resurrected one of your threads the other day. One of my favourites - Why do Books Sunbathe.

The forum has certainly grown since you went off line. You've missed all the squabbling and falling out - but lets not even go there.

Nice to see you back and very good wishes for the forthcoming wedding.

Comment

Welcome back Dave

Sorry if some of us are a bit gushing in welcoming you back. It's true you have been missed . I even checked with a couple of your mates on here, just to see if you were ok (apart from being bored with this site.)
                        Many congrats on your forthcoming wedding and for a happy future.
                        Speaking for many of us, we've missed your sense of fun, your great photos and your honest posts. I hope you stay with us and don't get bored again. In fact, I'm hoping that your input will put a bit of life into the forum again.

I enjoyed the track on youtube, by the way.
                        Jill

Comment

You've just made my day Dave.We need a "Flagbearer for Fred" on here to compensate for their spate of bad luck these last few months,as we both know how great they are!Congrats on the Wedding,but don't mention it to May.Smiling Stan:D

Comment

Rock on Dave!! and welcome back. Good luck with the wedding and I know how much you love Fred so enjoy your honeymoon..Carol

Comment

Hi Dave

Good to see you back on line have you sorted those shorts out yet ? ;)

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X