• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neil Diamond To Retire.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neil Diamond To Retire.

Neil Diamond ,has decided to retire from touring due to being diagnosed with "Parkinson's"
    He will continue writing and recorcording.Neil Diamond says he has Parkinson's, retires from touring | Daily Mail Online

Still touring at 76 took some doing .Loved his music and I must have most of his records but never saw him live.
    Best Memory was when on Azura birthed next to "Infinity" in the Caribbean we were at the Sail away, and both ship's were singing along to "Sweet Caroline " One of those things that stick in the memory....Taffy
    ​Taffy

Loved his music over the years but as it comes to us all eventually it is time to hang up his guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
      Neil Diamond ,has decided to retire from touring due to being diagnosed with "Parkinson's"
      He will continue writing and recorcording.Neil Diamond says he has Parkinson's, retires from touring | Daily Mail Online

Still touring at 76 took some doing .Loved his music and I must have most of his records but never saw him live.
      Best Memory was when on Azura birthed next to "Infinity" in the Caribbean we were at the Sail away, and both ship's were singing along to "Sweet Caroline " One of those things that stick in the memory....Taffy
      Sad news.

I was lucky enough enough to see him live.

Great, great music.

Annie

Comment

Wont bother me , don't really like him ,

Comment

I have seen him live twice, What a showman. And regardless of whether I liked him or not, Its still a terrible illness to be diagnosed with. Thanks for the music Neil. Jan.

Comment

Thanks Taffy - I am now singing 'Sweet Caroline ' to myself, over and over again!

Absolutely love his records, sadly never got to see him 'live' ,great shame.
            Lizzie sigpic

Comment

It's tragic for anyone to be diagnosed with Parkinson's but when it affects your real passion, it must be a double blow.
              I hope they find a cure and wish Neil well.
              I'm not that familiar with his work, but love Sweet Caroline,Cracklin' Rose,Song Song Blue and America. Loved him in The Jazz singer too.

Comment

Sorry to hear this bad news. I was a fan from my 20s and saw him live in Dublin about 10 years ago - his voice was as good as ever.

Comment

Parkinson’s is a nightmare for the person living with it, and their family. I’ve always been a big Neil Diamond fan but never got to see him perform. We have seen concerts of his over the years on TV and to be honest he should have hung up his guitar years ago. About the only performer from the 60s who is still worth watching is Tom Jones. The voice is a bit more gravelly, but he still has it. As a Brooklyn born girl I adored Diamond growing up, along with all the other singers and songwriters of that era who were from my home town. Believe it or not, my orthodontist was his cousin! 😁

Take care, Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                    Parkinson’s is a nightmare for the person living with it, and their family. I’ve always been a big Neil Diamond fan but never got to see him perform. We have seen concerts of his over the years on TV and to be honest he should have hung up his guitar years ago. About the only performer from the 60s who is still worth watching is Tom Jones. The voice is a bit more gravelly, but he still has it. As a Brooklyn born girl I adored Diamond growing up, along with all the other singers and songwriters of that era who were from my home town. Believe it or not, my orthodontist was his cousin! ������

Take care, Helen

Upset my wife greatly to hear the news - she also has PD. Neil was sometimes referred to as the Jewish Elvis Presley - no way, Elvis couldn't match him even on his best day (good as he was).

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X