• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas music

Well, we are firmly in to that time of year when we start hearing the same old songs over and over again.

For a bit of fun I've started posting a "musical Advent calendar" on Facebook by posting a Youtube clip of a Christmas song everyday.

What struck me was that year after year we seem to listen to the same songs over again.

Do you have an old favourite? Something off the wall? A modern re-hash of a classic?

Tim

I love music. It's part of my life and I love Christmas music. Handel's Messiah...For unto us a child is born. Wonderful.

I discovered 'The Piano Guys' a few years ago and so how about this for a great favourite with a modern slant. Brings out my music goosebumps.

Angels From The Realms of Glory.
    Fabulous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLoWt2tfqg

Comment

Sorry. Merry Christmas Everyone, Slade

Comment

Hi all
        The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl....Love it!!!..just saying.......IMO.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8
        JC
        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
          Hi all
          The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl....Love it!!!..just saying.......IMO.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8
          JC
          Yep, I'm with you on that one JC.

Years ago, I used to go the Royal Albert Hall every Christmas to a Royal Choral Society Christmas concert. I absolutely loved it because not only did they sing recognisable festive music but the audience could also in in the traditional Carols.

However, about 10 years ago, the whole ethos of the concert changed and became far too high brow for me, so I stopped going.

One of my favourites is The Zither Carol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlN4_mlvqII
          Jill

Comment

I was getting some cards the other day and the shop was playing Xmas songs, but they had all been slowed down, and it was really maudlin, I felt quite depressed when I came out of the shop.

I like hearing the Xmas songs, anything with a bit of life in it. I can't sing, but do enjoy singing Carol's ..............................Carol

Comment

For me it's Nat King Cole, The Christmas Song........The one about chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kQ1PCP6B0
              Wilba

Comment

https://youtu.be/mQBpmaIRaiU

Ray Conif Singers "Ring Christmas Bell's"
                Written in 1904 by a Ukrainian composer, ....Taffy
                ​Taffy

Comment

I Wish it Could Be Christmas Every Day, Wizard

Comment

Has to be O Holy Night , gives me goosebumps .

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                      I Wish it Could Be Christmas Every Day, Wizard
                      My favourite pop Christmas song.

I also like Nat King Cole and Johnny Mathis Christmas songs.

Annie

Comment

I have so many favourite Carols including Carol,of the Bells and Jesu Bambino as sung by Luciano Pavarotti. I had the honour of singing that back home many years ago in our church. What I cannot abide is a souped up version by a pop star that totally changes the tune. You can just imagine a version of We three kings (boom, boom) of Orient are (boom boom boom) bearing gifts (duh duh duh)...aaarrrggghhhh!

My favourite Christmas album of all time has to be Christmas In New York with Steve Lawrence and Edie Gorme wth Leontyne Price and Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops. It was a wonderful blend of the sacred and the secular. I’ve never heard an album this equal it so all around enjoyment. Just my opinion.

Take care, Helen🎄

Comment

The carol I like best is Good King Wenceslas
                          Music, it has to be Greg Lake, I believe in Father Christmas

John

Comment

Notice Rolf Harris and Gary Glitter are not mentioned ,Wonder why....Taffy
                            ​Taffy

Comment

There is nothing worse than a jazzed up, up tempo Christmas carol sung by someone who cannot hold a note and wails about all over the place.

They should write their own rather than abuse the original composer.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X