• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorable Music.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Children in the Nursery are learning some Christmas Carol's ,and they will go to a local Old peoples home to sing for them,I will go as Father Christmas and will have a hard job not crying,Some of them have no visitors or living relatives to visit them and love the children going,Hope to see the lady who is 108 and still in full mind if not body. Most Carols bring back nice memories...Taffy
    ​Taffy

Comment

I too love music, I have a very eclectic taste, and music is such an important part of all our lives. I cry buckets every time they do the finale at The Proms. Land of hope and Glory, Jerusalem, which was my old school hymn.
      The first time we sailed into Kotor, I downloaded Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis, and listened to this as we sailed in early morning. It was magical!

Comment

Oh where to start? Time to say goodbye on the sail out of Venice on a warm beautiful evening. Summer Breeze by The Isley Brothers in 1976. My akey breaky Heart on Thomson Emerald by Billy ray Cyrus whilst trying to teach hubby how to line dance, Hilarious . And finally Barbados, By Typical Tropical in 1975, My first holiday abroad , Brings it all back so well like it was yesterday. Jan.

Comment

Why oh why do we have to have a soundtrack to our lives now! Nowhere is safe- not even the supermarket. Background music wherever we go and its always really horrible pop/rap/screech unmelodic rubbish. I even have to wear my ipod on the deck of the ship in order to drown out the cacophony that eminates from the speakers. By the way this old lady loves thrash metal but unfortunately not every one else does, however I don't expect my preferences to be inflicted on others - so why are theirs inflicted on me?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X