• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well,what would you choose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh see andyn,you,re getting me started now because Summer Breeze is one of my favorites too! Once you start..... Jan.

Comment

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
      Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
      Free Falling - Tom Petty
      Will You - Hazel O'Connor

Have too many that I like ,I just enjoy music.

Comment

I'm greedy. Can't pick only four!

I'd struggle to pick 4 LPs. Showing my age there!

Comment

Omg in my rush to pick 4 I totally forgot about Mr Gary Barlow and take that. Listening to a CD in the car on the way home from school! Nah couldn't even whittle it down to my fav 4 so will stick with my original post.

Happy talking of school day memories does anyone remember Autumn days? If thats what it was called.we sang it in primary ... Autumn days when the grass is wheeled and the silk in side a chestnut shell. Jet planes meeting in the air to be refueled. All those things I love so well..... sweet little song I often think of it x

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
            Omg in my rush to pick 4 I totally forgot about Mr Gary Barlow and take that. Listening to a CD in the car on the way home from school! Nah couldn't even whittle it down to my fav 4 so will stick with my original post.

Happy talking of school day memories does anyone remember Autumn days? If thats what it was called.we sang it in primary ... Autumn days when the grass is wheeled and the silk in side a chestnut shell. Jet planes meeting in the air to be refueled. All those things I love so well..... sweet little song I often think of it x
            Ahhhh I have to stop posting with my kindle. Grass is wheeled should say grass is jeweled!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
              AH, i will let you off for the fifth one..only because it,s one of my top ten!! Ha ! Jan.
              Has always sent shivers down my spine, and the video is great :-)
              sigpic

Comment

1. Singing My Song - Tammy Wynette 2. That's Life - Sinatra 3. The Happening - Supremes 4. Romance, Gadfly Suite - Shostakovich 5. Carlo - Dafydd Iwan

Comment

In no particular order :- I heard it through the grapevine (Marvin Gaye), River Deep, Mountain High (Ike & Tina Turner), Pretty Woman (Roy Orbison), Sweet Dreams are made of this (Eurythmics - but you could have any of Who's that Girl or You must be an Angel too).

Imagine (Lennon) would be up there too. Someone said 'Unchained Melody'? - surely You've Lost that lovin' feelin' would be preferable by the Righteous Brothers?

Comment

These 4 would certainly be among my top 4 for all sorts of reasons,but mainly to do with ladies and hearts.....
                    No1................Amazed(by you) by The Mavericks.
                    No2................Unbreak my Heart by Toni Braxton.
                    No3................Everything I do by Brian Adams.
                    No4................I can't stop loving you by Ray Charles.
                    The last one was one of the first songs that I sang in a Karaoke contest,and it was a disaster because it is a very slow song to sing,but the equipment(early days of Karaoke years ago) played the song at about half speed...quelle embarrasment. I guess my choices make me out to be a romantic.....and I still am.Sentimental Stan...

Comment

Four is impossible as I love music, so you get seven minimum, four of which I've cheated but consider them 'boxed sets'!!!

Uptown Girl... Billy Joel

It's Raining Men ... The Weather Girls

Veni Vidi Vici... Coldplay

Complete works of Simon and Garfunkel

Complete works of Sibelius

Complete works of Handel

Complete works of Elgar

...and a shedload of batteries for my CD player in case my desert island doesn't have solar power!!

Comment

Aw,you little tinker Mrs M,although 4 songs would not sustain the spirit very long! Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
                          Aw,you little tinker Mrs M,although 4 songs would not sustain the spirit very long! Jan.
                          Ah, but then three singles I have chosen are brilliant to dance to and will raise the endorphins so that's body and personal well being sorted...and then the others I can close my eyes to and just get lost in the music so that's the peace and tranquillity sorted out...well apart from the need to belt out the choral works and some of the more rousing 'bits'!!!

Sorted.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X