• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dare I...? It's Eurovision night!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by HorseBurger, Findus View Post
    Bonnie was terrible!
    Totally agree. It was embarrassing.

    Annie

    Comment


      #17
      Last time I saw Eurovision was the year Dana won it, and the only reason I saw it was because I was in hospital and too young to tell the adults in the ward to turn the thing off. They included me thinking they were doing the right thing to cheer me up! Needless to say the drone of the Dana song was enough to put me off Eurovision for life!

      Comment


        #18
        As I saw posted elsewhere,

        "I hope Bonnie Tyler does not take this to badly, as every now and then, she falls apart."

        Well at least she moved us a little further up the leader board, coming 19th, Ireland coming last.

        I see they showed a clip of the fantastic house she owns in Wales, she is reported to be worth £25 million.
        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 18th May 2013, 11:04 PM.
        Delboy


        Photo Albums

        https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

        or

        https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
          As I saw posted elsewhere,

          "I hope Bonnie Tyler does not take this to badly, as every now and then, she falls apart."

          Well at least she moved us a little further up the leader board, coming 19th, Ireland coming last.

          I see they showed a clip of the fantastic house she owns in Wales, she is reported to be worth £25 million.
          25£m is not a lot of cash nowadays.
          Remember these are the top 26 countries of 47 entries.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by HorseBurger, Findus View Post
            25£m is not a lot of cash nowadays.
            Remember these are the top 26 countries of 47 entries.
            I could get by on £25 million - well just about.

            Annie

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by HorseBurger, Findus View Post
              25£m is not a lot of cash nowadays.
              Remember these are the top 26 countries of 47 entries.
              Also remember that, along with Germany, France, Spain, and Italit, we don't actually have to qualify for Eurovision.
              Duncan S

              See my blog!

              Comment


                #22
                I enjoyed Denmark's entry but I did have a few glasses of brandy and coke.
                Haggis

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by haggis, kent View Post
                  I enjoyed Denmark's entry but I did have a few glasses of brandy and coke.
                  Haggis
                  You should have had lots to drink. That way they would all have been good? But I guess the "alcohol is free" song would have won your vote? v

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Many countries have a song festival with the winner going off to Eurovison. How do the UK choose their entry ?

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by hat776, malta View Post
                      Many countries have a song festival with the winner going off to Eurovison. How do the UK choose their entry ?
                      The GB public used to select the song via a BBC competition.

                      Who cares? It is political nowadays - even the Germans have worked out that nobody voted for them maybe because of the Merkel effect.

                      Annie

                      Comment


                        #26
                        .
                        Not it's not Annie.
                        They have auditions which are judged by a panel of tone deaf producers who then compile a short list which is presented to some inebriated BBC executives who reduce it down to two. They then get a rivetter who has retired on the grounds of hearing loss and ask him to choose. If all that fails, they toss a coin (alledgedly).
                        Simples!
                        You didn't think we use to get 'nil pwa' by accident did you Nadya? It's was well planned.

                        Cheers OSD
                        Last edited by Old Sea Dog, Stockport; 20th May 2013, 10:43 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
                        Our cruising days are over now.................

                        Comment


                        We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.


                        By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

                        Working...
                        X