• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fancy some rock & roll on your cruise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fancy some rock & roll on your cruise?

If you answered 'Yes' to my question then you might be interested in the recent 5 night music extravaganza which took place on the MSC Poesia voyage from Port Everglades > Cayman Islands > Jamaica > 25th to 30th March. Cruise To The Edge • Sailing March 25 - 30, 2013 |

I didn't go as it is not my scene particularly but it looks like those who did had a whale of a time Cruise to the Edge - YouTube

Did anyone from the forum go on this or have you got an idea for a 'themed' cruise you'd like to see?

Oops just seen Nisha's post .... just shows great minds think alike
    Last edited by trevor432990, East Sussex; 22nd April 2013, 12:09 PM.

Hi Trevor, we have just returned from another great cruise on Independence of the seas. Rock the Boat are a great band playing Rock and Roll and lots of other British rock every evening (except one). We have seen them on all but one of our 6 trips now and they never cease to impress, they filled the dance floor again this time. There was a Caribbean band every night in one venue or another and a great Latin band with a great lady singer who also got the dancers up.

I like the idea of a themed cruise but on Indy you get the lot if you like dancing. The big band also played for dancing in the afternoon so everyone had the chance to strut their stuff.

I would like to have a dance themed cruise, I know there are some but I don't think my Hubby would be too chuffed if I suggested we book a cruise dedicated to dancing. He joined in this time but I think it was more likely due to the fact that we had been given a free drinks package. Oh well!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Jones, Berkshire View Post
      Hi Trevor, we have just returned from another great cruise on Independence of the seas. Rock the Boat are a great band playing Rock and Roll and lots of other British rock every evening (except one). We have seen them on all but one of our 6 trips now and they never cease to impress, they filled the dance floor again this time. There was a Caribbean band every night in one venue or another and a great Latin band with a great lady singer who also got the dancers up.

I like the idea of a themed cruise but on Indy you get the lot if you like dancing. The big band also played for dancing in the afternoon so everyone had the chance to strut their stuff.

I would like to have a dance themed cruise, I know there are some but I don't think my Hubby would be too chuffed if I suggested we book a cruise dedicated to dancing. He joined in this time but I think it was more likely due to the fact that we had been given a free drinks package. Oh well!
      I really enjoyed the band Rock The Boat when I was on Independence Of The seas, as you say they play most nights in the Pyramid Lounge, thought the lead guitarist was brilliant. They really do get everyone up and dancing.
      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

It's a real asset if a cruiseline can find a band which is so popular as they can improve the number of return passengers significantly. I'd like a 'Classical Guitar' themed cruise myself or even better 'Soul Music' it would take me right back to the good old days of flared trousers and platform shoes hehe

Comment

Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
          If you answered 'Yes' to my question then you might be interested in the recent 5 night music extravaganza which took place on the MSC Poesia voyage from Port Everglades > Cayman Islands > Jamaica > 25th to 30th March. Cruise To The Edge • Sailing March 25 - 30, 2013 |

I didn't go as it is not my scene particularly but it looks like those who did had a whale of a time Cruise to the Edge - YouTube

Did anyone from the forum go on this or have you got an idea for a 'themed' cruise you'd like to see?

Oops just seen Nisha's post .... just shows great minds think alike
          It's a long way to go for a 5 night cruise. I understand that such short cruises are very popular with Americans. I would assume they're much akin to the 'booze cruise' weekenders you get here.

cheers
          Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
            It's a real asset if a cruiseline can find a band which is so popular as they can improve the number of return passengers significantly. I'd like a 'Classical Guitar' themed cruise myself or even better 'Soul Music' it would take me right back to the good old days of flared trousers and platform shoes hehe
            I didn't mention the Dynamic Tommy Tynon at least I think that was his name Trevor. Soul Man direct from Las Vegas, you would have liked him complete with his silvery suit but he didn't have flares. He did everything starting from the 50's onwards to some great Motown, I can see you bopping now. Have you ever seen Los Locos Ole on NCL? Despite being a comedy trio they are all fabulous classical Spanish guitarists.

Comment

That does sound my cup of tea Mrs.Jones it would be great if they were both on the same ship I'd certainly try a mini-cruise with them onboard assuming there were low single suppts of course.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X