• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juke Box 'On Line'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juke Box 'On Line'

If you want to be transported back to earlier eras, this 'Jukebox' is brilliant, has music for each decade from the 1940's ( bit before my time) until 1999.

The web site has an unfortunate name, but I have just enjoyed listening to hits of the 1960's, brilliant!

Here is the link:

UpChUcKy's Time Machine & 12 Packs
    Lizzie sigpic

Hi Lizzie,
    Great site - thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, South Ockendon View Post
      Hi Lizzie,
      Great site - thanks.
      Glad you enjoyed it Brian, I choose a year, just did 1965 & let all ten tunes play in the background whilst I research cruises etc.. I have just been singing along to the 'Sounds of Silence' I remember all the words!
      Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Great - I love anything from the 1040's to 1960's.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
          Glad you enjoyed it Brian, I choose a year, just did 1965 & let all ten tunes play in the background whilst I research cruises etc.. I have just been singing along to the 'Sounds of Silence' I remember all the words!
          Hi Lizzie,
          Funnily enough I was listening to Tony Blackburn's radio 2 show in the car today and one of the years was 1963 - the song that I remember was "deck of cards" by Wink Martindale! this shared a top 10 position with the likes of the Beatles and the Stones!
          Have you tried Spotify to listen to - I am not sure if it still free to new users.
          Last edited by Brian, South Ockendon; 19th May 2012, 08:43 PM. Reason: sent prematurely

Comment

Another great site Lizzie.

Just been transported back to 1968
            sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Just had a lovely hour down memory lane, thanks Lizzie

Beryl

Comment

It doesn't appear to work on my wifes iPad - any suggestions?

Comment

It doesn't appear to work on my wifes iPad - any suggestions?
                  Sadly this website uses Adobe Flash (the curse of the modern internet) and therefore not available on the iPad.

I would seriously recommend a service called Spotify. You can listen for free to almost everything, and with a small subscription can even save music for offline listening (iPhone, iPad and Android) and free yourself from the adverts.

I love the fact that you can legally listen to all the music you want, anywhere, instantly!

It's the best £9.99 a month I've ever spent! Happy to answer any questions about it.

Comment

I love the 60s. Each track I hear I can remember a place connected with it.....happy times without a care in the world. And the Pirate stations too!

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
                      Sadly this website uses Adobe Flash (the curse of the modern internet) and therefore not available on the iPad.

I would seriously recommend a service called Spotify. You can listen for free to almost everything, and with a small subscription can even save music for offline listening (iPhone, iPad and Android) and free yourself from the adverts.

I love the fact that you can legally listen to all the music you want, anywhere, instantly!

It's the best £9.99 a month I've ever spent! Happy to answer any questions about it.
                      Thanks Duncan, looks good.

What I liked about the Juke Box, was that I could select a year, leave it to play the 10 tracks for that year whilst looking at other websites. For me the attraction was I didn't know what the tracks were ( I didn't look at the scroll list) & some I had completely forgotten about. I would never have thought of looking for them, it's an 'age thing'!

Also on that site you can select an artist & hear twelve of their 'tracks'.
                      Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Hi Lizzie,
                        Great site - thanks.
                        May be this site domain is expired because it doesn't open for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Anchorage AK USA, Stoneking View Post

May be this site domain is expired because it doesn't open for me.
                          A lot can change in 9years.

Comment

Hi Lizzie,
                            Funnily enough I was listening to Tony Blackburn's radio 2 show in the car today and one of the years was 1963 - the song that I remember was "deck of cards" by Wink Martindale! this shared a top 10 position with the likes of the Beatles and the Stones!
                            Have you tried Spotify to listen to - I am not sure if it still free to new users.
                            I remember my daddy going to the Glasgow Barras every Sunday for weeks looking for the Deck of cards record. He eventually managed to get a copy. Great song.
                            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X