• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three favourite Albums.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs M
    replied
    My favourites change with how I feel.

One I have loved, which I got as a twenty first present, which never goes out of favour is a rendering by The Huddersfield Choral Society of Handel's Messiah.

I have an up to date recording on CD.

Leave a comment:

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    Tough but if I had to pick three

Whats Going On - Marvin Gaye
    Live in New Orlea\ns - Maze
    That's The Way of the World - Earth, Wind and Fire

Leave a comment:

• yesrock, Liverpool
    replied
    Close to The Edge---Yes

Tales From Topographic Oceans---Yes

Relayer---Yes.

As you can see a bit of a Yes fan, I was going to see them at the Liverpool Philharmonic next month when they were going to play the whole of the Relayer album.

Leave a comment:

• ilovesunshine, east yorks
    replied
    You have got me playing Layla now!

Leave a comment:

• ilovesunshine, east yorks
    replied
    surprised no one has mentioned Queen or Rolling Stones yet. No particular album, cant choose. The Cream of Clapton is one of my favourites.

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied
    Morning all, haven’t changed my mind yet but I do agree with almost all of the choices, great memories, let’s keep this thread going.

Leave a comment:

• smtcan, Scarborough
    replied
    Eric Clapton - Unplugged
    Bob Marley - Legend
    Paul Simon - Graceland

Sheila

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    I tell you I am loving these replies - fantastic choices everyone.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    Originally posted by BandN, Markyate View Post
    Oh wow, what a question, loving the ones you've already said. I'll add 3 now which will undoubtedly change the more I think about it.

Arc of a diver -- Steve Winwood, early 80's.

The Promise -- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Released about 10 years ago, consisting of the lost sessions between Born to Run and Darkness on the Edge of Town in the 70's. Superb.

The Road to Escondido -- JJ Cale and Eric Clapton. If you ever want to hear 2 guitar heroes who are totally in awe of each other, listen to this. The song 'Ride the River' is amazing.

Now I'm looking through all my albums

Barb
    Just love JJ Cale - only criticism? he seems to get too bored to write a song longer than 2 1/2 minutes! What a craftsman though - outstanding. Very much under-appreciated. Naturally and Troubadour are my favourites.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Smith7
    replied
    Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

Out of the Blue - ELO

Sgt. Pepper- Beatles.

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied
    Goodbye Yellow Brick Road -Elton John
    Picture Book -Simply Red
    Rumours-fleetwood Mac
    Great thread

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    I used to buy compilations, have made up my own playlists on Spotify, not many artists I can listen to a complete album.

However there is one artist I enjoy listening to and it’s soul/blues singer song writer.Beth Hart.

image_10128.jpg

https://youtu.be/r3HP7sVO6eg

Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 18th April 2020, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BandN, Markyate
    replied
    Oh wow, what a question, loving the ones you've already said. I'll add 3 now which will undoubtedly change the more I think about it.

Arc of a diver -- Steve Winwood, early 80's.

The Promise -- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Released about 10 years ago, consisting of the lost sessions between Born to Run and Darkness on the Edge of Town in the 70's. Superb.

The Road to Escondido -- JJ Cale and Eric Clapton. If you ever want to hear 2 guitar heroes who are totally in awe of each other, listen to this. The song 'Ride the River' is amazing.

Now I'm looking through all my albums

Barb

Leave a comment:

• Victoria, Aberystwyth
    replied
    I tended to buy compilations, but one which did get a good airing was Graceland, Paul Simon. I liked every track.

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
    Fairport Convention, Unhalfbricking

Bob Seger, Stranger in Town

Dont need 3, great question

John

I'll have a listen to them - trouble is if I like what I hear then I need to go through their back catalogues!

Don't need 3 - Love it!

Bill

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X