• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three favourite Albums.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came to Podcasts late. Too much music to enjoy! Enjoying 13 Minutes to the Moon - BBC World Service. Fascinating - especially for those of us who lived through the Gemini & Apollo missions.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Hi all
      Can I post this here for you music fans.
      There is a programme on the well loved BBC1 tonight at 19:15 for 2 hours called 'One World:Together at Home'

Artist from all over performing from their living rooms,,including the Stones,Elton John,McCartney and the Killers among others.

It was aired in the USA last night and raised $128m for Covid-19 charities

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000hkb3
      ​​​​​​​JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Wot - no Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre?

Getting bored yet?

Tubular Bells.jpg Ommadawn.jpg

Equinoxe.jpg The Concerts in China.jpg

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

You could be of a different generation Delboy - a much younger generation!
          Born 1940 married 1965 so my music was from the late 50’s onwards, not heard of any of the groups you mention. Even then was not really into groups or albums..
          Did go to a Jean Michel Jarre concert with my young son in the Dockland area of East London used to like his music but could not name an album.
          Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 19th April 2020, 12:36 PM.
          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
            Hi all
            There is a programme on the well loved BBC1 tonight at 19:15 for 2 hours called 'One World:Together at Home'

Artist from all over performing from their living rooms,,including the Stones,Elton John,McCartney and the Killers among others.

JC
            Saw a brief clip - I'm all over it and it will be recorded for future viewings.

Thanks JC

Bill ​​​​​​​

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
              My favourites change with how I feel.

One I have loved, which I got as a twenty first present, which never goes out of favour is a rendering by The Huddersfield Choral Society of Handel's Messiah.

I have an up to date recording on CD.
              I am kinda classic light - but most modern music has it's roots in the classics.

Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - Sheherazade

Sheherazade.jpg

Isao Tomita - The Planets (you've not heard the Planet Suite until you've heard this version)

The Planets.jpg

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Hi Bill
                I'm with you,have to play the whole album.
                I bought the Rolling Stones album Blues & Lonesome,,,was not keen,,put it in the car,now can't stop playing it.
                Its what the Stones were all about Rock/Blues.

Listen to the harmonica on this track.

I have 10 Stones albums on my iPad mini,,,on the coach to Southampton I listen to half going down,the other half coming back.

JC
                Last edited by jc, liverpool; 19th April 2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Another U-tube offering, this time it’s a bit of fun with the BBC News music theme. I particularly like the Welsh drummer and the Irish dancer. Enjoy!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entert...ews-theme-tune

Comment

Hi all

JC
                    It was aired here last night. I must admit to being a bit disappointed, but not enough to switch off. I really made me realize how much an artist’s performance is created by sound engineers. The idea was good though, and all the money had been raised from businesses ahead of time, so there was little of the begging that goes on in telethons. Mick Jagger can still sing, but the other Stones could have stayed home - oh of course they did😀

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Your wish fulfilled - mix and match to your hearts content. Might have picked Let it Bleed though. Bill

Cream - Disraeli Gears

20bb5197-6f05-4603-9de6-15c584ebdcd3.jpg

Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

e7201194-5559-4d15-b363-d36df35545a8.jpg
                      Good Stones choice and having had time to think about it i will nme my favourite Queen album. Kind of Magic. It reminds of a holiday we had in the Yorkshire dales driving around in in my MGB with the tracks blasting out. Dont think the kids were too keen at being squashed in the back though. Saw Queen at Knebworth too. Great concert.

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

It was aired here last night. I must admit to being a bit disappointed, but not enough to switch off. I really made me realize how much an artist’s performance is created by sound engineers. The idea was good though, and all the money had been raised from businesses ahead of time, so there was little of the begging that goes on in telethons. Mick Jagger can still sing, but the other Stones could have stayed home - oh of course they did😀

Sheila
                        Hi Sheila
                        I thought the same,I watched a bit of Annie Lennox and it lacked the studio mixing.

But as a charitable effort I will watch it.
                        JC

Comment

Hi Bill
                          Good choice in Stones album 'Get yer ya ya's ou' except for one track,,,,,Midnight Rambler.
                          It rambles on for over 9 mins,,,,,it would have been good at 4 mins.

Of course it was made to get everyone bouncing at live concerts.

Comment

Hi Bill
                            I bought the Rolling Stones album Blues & Lonesome,,,was not keen,,put it in the car,now can't stop playing it.

I have 10 Stones albums on my iPad mini,,,on the coach to Southampton I listen to half going down,the other half coming back.

JC
                            My music passion is (well when I was but a callow youth) the Rolling Stones. In saying that we had a band and played the pubs & clubs (we were about 20 odd in age) and never did play 'Stones covers - seems our best cover was Maggie May by Rod Stewart (nobody would pay you to play your own stuff - I wonder why). Having a very large music collection I started to put all my CD's (got rid of Vinyl years ago) onto my iPod touch. Having looked at the artists I seem to have a rather new set of favourites. But I am a long way off getting them all onto the iPod. If I spent less time on photography then I would have more time to upload the music. More critical now that my car doesn't have a CD player so need to stream with Bluetooth to the DAB player.

e.g.:
                            Pink Floyd - 17 albums

Rolling Stones - 4 albums

Moody Blues - 9 albums

Hmm, I think it is more about something we both like to listen to hence all the Pink Floyd and very little 'Stones. Must try harder - I'll transfer more - if I only had some more time .

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Hey, forgot about Runrig

Live at the Barrowlands was amazing - would go as often as we could. When they played Loch Lomond the suspended floor was bouncing with eightsome reels being danced. Memorable gigs.

Bill

Runrig.jpg

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Hi Bill

JC
                                The harmonica is awesome - their early stuff was incredible.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X