• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three favourite Albums.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough but if I had to pick three

Whats Going On - Marvin Gaye
    Live in New Orlea\ns - Maze
    That's The Way of the World - Earth, Wind and Fire

Comment

My favourites change with how I feel.

One I have loved, which I got as a twenty first present, which never goes out of favour is a rendering by The Huddersfield Choral Society of Handel's Messiah.

I have an up to date recording on CD.

Comment

Hot August Night- Neil Diamond

Abba Gold- Abba

Cast recording of the musical”JesusChrist Superstar

have these three on my iPod and listen to them whilst doing my daily exercise- a bit cheesy but very uplifting in these uncertain times!

Comment

Hi all
          Exile on Main St.......Rolling Sones

Love......The Beatles

And for a ballady one..
          The Very Best of........Rita Coolidge.

JC
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

My best three but not neccessarily the most played, that's another thread.

War of the Worlds.....Jeff Wayne

Journey to the Centre of the Earth...Wakeman.

Waltz Darling....Malcolm McLaren and the Bootzilla Orchestra.

Garf.

Just as an aside..those who like Clapton give Joe Bonamassa a listen.
            Fantastic guitarist in the Clapton mould.
            Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 19th April 2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
              surprised no one has mentioned Queen or Rolling Stones yet. No particular album, cant choose. The Cream of Clapton is one of my favourites.
              Your wish fulfilled - mix and match to your hearts content. Might have picked Let it Bleed though. Bill

Cream - Disraeli Gears

20bb5197-6f05-4603-9de6-15c584ebdcd3.jpg

Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

e7201194-5559-4d15-b363-d36df35545a8.jpg

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by jnah, cardiff View Post
                Hot August Night- Neil Diamond

Abba Gold- Abba

Cast recording of the musical”JesusChrist Superstar

have these three on my iPod and listen to them whilst doing my daily exercise- a bit cheesy but very uplifting in these uncertain times!
                Wouldn't call JCS cheesy! I love it though. Was hoping to see the play on YouTube released by Andrew L Webber but it was on about 10 days ago and missed it.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle
                  Because of this thread, I now have all my CDs out on the floor. I'm dusting the cases and putting them all in alphabetical order. How sad is that?
                  I do that periodically but they never stay in order long!

Pet hate? An empty jewel case and no CD - where is it?

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                    Goodbye Yellow Brick Road -Elton John
                    Picture Book -Simply Red
                    Rumours-fleetwood Mac
                    Great thread
                    Nearly the same.....

The Promise -- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

Picture book - Simply Red

Rumours - Fleetwood Mac

Comment

Seeing all the different Albums, how often do you listen to an Album of a singer or group all the way through.

I listen to a lot of music almost daily via a pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones attached to either my Apple Air iPad or my iPhone, useless for music without the headphones. Often late at night in bed.

However I have never been into listening to Albums of song after song from the same singer or group, much prefering to listen to compilations. On Spotify I have playlists which I have made up over time of different genre’s, some of the playlists of over 300 songs from various artists and groups, which when listening to I Just click to random play.

Although different when attending live concerts of a singer or group.
                      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                        Seeing all the different Albums, how often do you listen to an Album of a singer or group all the way through.

I listen to a lot of music almost daily via a pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones attached to either my Apple Air iPad or my iPhone, useless for music without the headphones. Often late at night in bed.

However I have never been into listening to Albums of song after song from the same singer or group, much prefering to listen to compilations. On Spotify I have playlists which I have made up over time of different genre’s, some of the playlists of over 300 songs from various artists and groups, which when listening to I Just click to random play.

If I am putting a cd or vinyl on at home, will listen to the whole album all the time. Or multichanger and a mix from 7 different albums. If I am out and about, then usually spotify random

Guess that is why those albums are in my top 3, every track is brilliant, and I never tire of hearing the whole album

Comment

The Eagles, Hotel California
                          The Travelling Wilburys Vol 1
                          David Grey, White Ladder

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

If I am putting a cd or vinyl on at home, will listen to the whole album all the time. Or multichanger and a mix from 7 different albums. If I am out and about, then usually spotify random

Guess that is why those albums are in my top 3, every track is brilliant, and I never tire of hearing the whole album
                            Don't have any vinyl and cannot remember the last time I listened to a CD, very rarely listen to music in the car unless on long journeys then it’s the radio, my music listening majority of time is Spotify.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Don't have any vinyl and cannot remember the last time I listened to a CD, very rarely listen to music in the car unless on long journeys then it’s the radio, my music listening majority of time is Spotify.
                              I confess that I never play my albums these days. I do sometimes ask Alex to play something if the mood take me.

Reading all the posts, there are so many of my albums that missed the top 3 but I was spoilt for choice.
                              Jill

Comment

You could be of a different generation Delboy - a much younger generation!

When I play music (often) it is always a complete album. I feel you don't get to know an artist (or group) by only hearing their hits. There is much more depth when listening to their albums. I get frustrated hearing an album track I know on the radio because I know what follows and want to hear it. You still get the odd curveball though!

In 1973 my wife (then fiancee) bought me A Passion Play by Jethro Tull - everything went well until the track The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles - what drug was he on? It took months (nay years) before I grew to like it all because of that oddball track. No surprises it went too No.1 in the States.

Passion Play.jpg

What about The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - SAHB Stories - Boston Tea Party. Amazing. Alex Harvey - you wanted him on your side in a fight (especially in Glasgow).

SAHB Stories.jpg

In the same vein of SAHB - a rarely known Scottish Band. Writing on the Wall - The Power of the Picts. Stonker of an album - Hill of Dreams, Tasker's successor - ok every track!

Writing on the wall.jpg

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X