• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three favourite Albums.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three favourite Albums.....

Not THE three favourite albums. Three of your favourite albums.............

In no particular order and if I think about it slightly it would change again. What's three of your favourite albums? Bill

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

If not the title track then the barn-storming Locomotive Breath. Hard charging Tull at its best.

il_570xN.1031872571_52mc.jpg

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III

The immigrant song - amazing. It was on the Juke Box by the pool when me and my two mates were on holiday in Majorca. We found the volume control (sorry to all our fellow guests who didn't share our musical taste). It got a few of our Pesetas over the fortnight.

Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_III.png

The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed. Who hasn't heard Nights in White satin.

TheMoodyBlues-album-daysoffuturepassed.jpg

Lawnmowerman

Fairport Convention, Unhalfbricking

Bob Seger, Stranger in Town

Dont need 3, great question

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
      Fairport Convention, Unhalfbricking

Bob Seger, Stranger in Town

Dont need 3, great question

John

I'll have a listen to them - trouble is if I like what I hear then I need to go through their back catalogues!

Don't need 3 - Love it!

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

I tended to buy compilations, but one which did get a good airing was Graceland, Paul Simon. I liked every track.

Comment

Oh wow, what a question, loving the ones you've already said. I'll add 3 now which will undoubtedly change the more I think about it.

Arc of a diver -- Steve Winwood, early 80's.

The Promise -- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Released about 10 years ago, consisting of the lost sessions between Born to Run and Darkness on the Edge of Town in the 70's. Superb.

The Road to Escondido -- JJ Cale and Eric Clapton. If you ever want to hear 2 guitar heroes who are totally in awe of each other, listen to this. The song 'Ride the River' is amazing.

Now I'm looking through all my albums

Barb

Comment

I used to buy compilations, have made up my own playlists on Spotify, not many artists I can listen to a complete album.

However there is one artist I enjoy listening to and it’s soul/blues singer song writer.Beth Hart.

image_10128.jpg

https://youtu.be/r3HP7sVO6eg

Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 18th April 2020, 10:12 PM.
            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road -Elton John
              Picture Book -Simply Red
              Rumours-fleetwood Mac
              Great thread

Comment

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

Out of the Blue - ELO

Sgt. Pepper- Beatles.
                Jill

Comment

Originally posted by BandN, Markyate View Post
                  Oh wow, what a question, loving the ones you've already said. I'll add 3 now which will undoubtedly change the more I think about it.

Arc of a diver -- Steve Winwood, early 80's.

The Promise -- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Released about 10 years ago, consisting of the lost sessions between Born to Run and Darkness on the Edge of Town in the 70's. Superb.

The Road to Escondido -- JJ Cale and Eric Clapton. If you ever want to hear 2 guitar heroes who are totally in awe of each other, listen to this. The song 'Ride the River' is amazing.

Now I'm looking through all my albums

Barb
                  Just love JJ Cale - only criticism? he seems to get too bored to write a song longer than 2 1/2 minutes! What a craftsman though - outstanding. Very much under-appreciated. Naturally and Troubadour are my favourites.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

I tell you I am loving these replies - fantastic choices everyone.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Eric Clapton - Unplugged
                      Bob Marley - Legend
                      Paul Simon - Graceland

Sheila

Comment

Morning all, haven’t changed my mind yet but I do agree with almost all of the choices, great memories, let’s keep this thread going.

Comment

surprised no one has mentioned Queen or Rolling Stones yet. No particular album, cant choose. The Cream of Clapton is one of my favourites.

Comment

You have got me playing Layla now!

Comment

Close to The Edge---Yes

Tales From Topographic Oceans---Yes

Relayer---Yes.

As you can see a bit of a Yes fan, I was going to see them at the Liverpool Philharmonic next month when they were going to play the whole of the Relayer album.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X