• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrea Bocelli: Music For Hope - Live From Duomo di Milano

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs M
    started a topic Andrea Bocelli: Music For Hope - Live From Duomo di Milano

Deserves a topic all of its own.

The final piece, Amazing Grace, sung on the steps of a rather stern looking but imposing cathedral with panorama shots of a very different, deserted world out there, and the liquid gold voice of Andrea Bocelli, is indeed, amazing.

The world is going through a crisis but there is still the wonder of music out there, uplifting spirits and giving moments of joy to millions.

Enjoy. I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huTUOek4LgU
    Last edited by Mrs M; 13th April 2020, 06:20 AM.

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi all
    Mentioned on the forum before,,,,if anyone is on a Fjords cruise that stops at Olden make sure you are on deck for sailaway.
    The local pub plays Bocelli singiing 'Time to say goodbye',through the biggest speaker in Norway ,,,,it gives you goose bumps,,,,
    Just a snippet...

JC
    Liverpool goes one better. As part of the farewell ceremony, they have a live performance of the song as the ship leaves. Well they do for QE and QV. ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear
    replied
    Hi all
    Mentioned on the forum before,,,,if anyone is on a Fjords cruise that stops at Olden make sure you are on deck for sailaway.
    The local pub plays Bocelli singiing 'Time to say goodbye',through the biggest speaker in Norway ,,,,it gives you goose bumps,,,,
    Just a snippet...

JC
    Oh dear that would have been lovely so thanks for that information. We were meant to be going there in June on a Land of the Midnight Sun cruise. Never mind. Hopefully another year.

Leave a comment:

• cymrucruiser
    replied
    He’s amazing.

You beat me to it JC. My Olden video is ruined by a woman stood next to me on QV who wailed like a broken cat all the way through. I can’t hear that song without thinking of Olden. So special.

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    Hi all
    Just a snippet...

JC
    I'm a sucker for an emotional song! MSC use that song - think it might be Bocelli too.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Hi all
    Just a snippet...

JC

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Pleasure. Liquid gold is almost not good enough an expression for his voice.
    The human voice: the most remarkable and versatile instrument ever.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by cruisinpat, Cornwall View Post
    Fabulous, we are supposed to be seeing Andrea Bocelli at the O2 in October but, very much doubt it will happen. I am one of the minority who can’t stand Amazing Grace no matter who sings it!!
    I’m not particularly fond of Amazing Grace, although I have LPs of both Joan Baez and Judy Collins singing it so must have been in the past, but listening to Andrea Bocelli’s wonderful voice, sends prickles down my spine, whatever he sings. Add panoramas of the deserted cities of the world and I found the song incredibly moving.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigsis, Waterlooville View Post
    Thanks for the link Mrs M, I really enjoyed that, stirring music and an amazing voice.
    Pleasure. Liquid gold is almost not good enough an expression for his voice.

Leave a comment:

• Bigsis, Waterlooville
    replied
    Thanks for the link Mrs M, I really enjoyed that, stirring music and an amazing voice.

Leave a comment:

• cruisinpat, Cornwall
    replied
    Andrew Lloyd Webber is also streaming a different musical each week, Joseph last week & Jesus Christ Superstar yesterday. Think Cats & Phantom are being shown soon.

Leave a comment:

• mags, cardiff
    replied
    It is lined up with other on line arts events to watch.

The Met Opera NY is showing old productions free every day, a different one every day, each available for 24 hrs.

Some major museum exhibitions currently closed are on line.

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Many thanks for sharing the clip Mrs M, saw a reference to it on the web early this morning, The comments below it were very moving as were the shots of deserted cities.

I noticed at the start he included a cheeky reference to his latest album with Matteo.

Leave a comment:

• cruisinpat, Cornwall
    replied
    Fabulous, we are supposed to be seeing Andrea Bocelli at the O2 in October but, very much doubt it will happen. I am one of the minority who can’t stand Amazing Grace no matter who sings it!!

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    Just saw a clip from it. Lovely.

Take care and Stay well. Helen

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X