• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Songs and places!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Songs and places!

Reading on another thread about the song 'For those in peril on the sea' I remembered that was the one that was sung every morning in assembly at school.... even though it was 70 miles to the nearest coast, maybe the principal was a seafaring man? Always remember' Hey macarena.' playing as we left Miami on our first cruise. … 'Hot,hot,hot' playing on a reggae bus in Barbados. . 'We've gotta get out of this place' landing at Gatwick after a 6 hour flight from The Gambia.... (I hate flying) No doubt will think of many more Over to you!

Carol
    sigpic*Carol M*

Angels, the Robbie Williams song, sung to me, on my birthday, by the wonderful Jonathan Dearden, on Seabourn Odyssey, the day before we reached Ft Lauderdale.

Comment

'Ride of the Valkyries' coming in to land after a bumpy flight to Edinburgh.

Comment

Flying over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter 8 years ago the pilot played “ Fly into the Danger Zone” from Top Gun.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Who on board can fail to remember the 3 Queens event in Liverpool when the 3 Cunard ships sailed on the Mersey together. Amazing. We were on QM2 and as we left Liverpool flanked by the other 2 ships Beatles music was playing to packed decks.

Comment

I remember the first time I flew to Spain in 1977 all the passengers started singing viva Espana when the plane landed. 🙈😂😂😂
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Sat in the jacuzzi on Indy as the pool band playing “ sitting on the dock of the bay” as we left Funchal. First cruise and the song always reminds me of it.

Comment

The first time I visited Majorca in the late 1980s was just after Agadoo was released and it was playing in every bar. I think if it every time I visit.

My cruising song memory was a sail away party on one of the Thomson ships with a brilliant female singer who couldn’t pronounce the letter v. “I’m your Venus” was not the best choice for her! It cam out as I’m your wenus.
                Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                  Flying over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter 8 years ago the pilot played “ Fly into the Danger Zone” from Top Gun.

Take care, Helen
                  Helen we must have had the same pilot and/or company, As he (Lee) did just the same and also told us to lift our feet as we were going over a massive ridge and then a few hundredfeet drop below us!!
                  And yes, We DID lift our feet. Thrilling. Jan.

Comment

Best sailing song, Sailing by Rod Stewart of course.!! But we also love Time To Say Goodbye.
                    Celebrity played it on sailout from Venice, But MSC played it on every sail away in the UAE, Didn't have the same feel as Venice is so much more pretty than Dubai etc.. Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by History Addict, Alfreton View Post
                      The first time I visited Majorca in the late 1980s was just after Agadoo was released and it was playing in every bar. I think if it every time I visit.

My cruising song memory was a sail away party on one of the Thomson ships with a brilliant female singer who couldn’t pronounce the letter v. “I’m your Venus” was not the best choice for her! It cam out as I’m your wenus.
                      Could have been porse

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
                        Best sailing song, Sailing by Rod Stewart of course.!! But we also love Time To Say Goodbye.
                        Celebrity played it on sailout from Venice, But MSC played it on every sail away in the UAE, Didn't have the same feel as Venice is so much more pretty than Dubai etc.. Jan.
                        I was going to mention 'Time to Say Goodbye' sailing out of Venice on Celebrity. I remember looking down at the buildings and watching them disappear into the distance. Magical!

Comment

Helen we must have had the same pilot and/or company, As he (Lee) did just the same and also told us to lift our feet as we were going over a massive ridge and then a few hundredfeet drop below us!!
                          And yes, We DID lift our feet. Thrilling. Jan.
                          Was it Serenity Tours by any chance? They had their own private bluff in the canyon where we had a picnic lunch. Very civilised!

Take care, Helen🚁

Comment

YES!, He took us down to the Colorado River for a dawn breakfast which to be honest was under-whelming,(Breakfast,Not the canyon or River!) It consisted of a pop tart kind of bar,Fresh OJ, And a little platter of fresh fruit.
                            However the pilot was a natural comedian and kept us entertained as well as giving some great info of the plants and fauna around us.
                            We then got took to an Indian Resevation..Rip off, But it all made for a totally different excursion that we still have on Video,(And really need to get changed over to DVD.!! Jan.

Comment

YES!, He took us down to the Colorado River for a dawn breakfast which to be honest was under-whelming,(Breakfast,Not the canyon or River!) It consisted of a pop tart kind of bar,Fresh OJ, And a little platter of fresh fruit.
                              However the pilot was a natural comedian and kept us entertained as well as giving some great info of the plants and fauna around us.
                              We then got took to an Indian Resevation..Rip off, But it all made for a totally different excursion that we still have on Video,(And really need to get changed over to DVD.!! Jan.
                              Ours is on DVD but they managed to catch me blowing my nose! Not the most elegant of shots I have to say. We didn’t do the Indian reservation at all. It was out to the canyon via Hoover Dam and then lunch and back. Hubby had a beer with his lunch and I had a small bottle of fizz. I would love to do it again just to see it without trying to take a million photos.

Take care, Helen🏜

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X