• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goosebump music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goosebump music

On such a foul day, I'm trawling through my music collection as I wrap presents.

I thought I'd post links to some of my [new] goosebump favourites. Both these are from Andrea Bocellli

Dare to live
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLmFEIksvh8
    and with his GORGEOUS son Matteo
    Fall on me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLmFEIksvh8

I heard Bocceli and son on the One Show last week.( I think it was the One Show...) I have to say their voices blended together beautifully as you would expect from singers who are related to one another. My favourite Christmas music is a very old album by Steve Lawrence, Eydie Gorme, Leontine Price and Arthur Fiedler with the Boston Pops called “Christmas in New York”. I have it on cassette tape and listen to it every year. It has a wonderful blend of Sacred and secular music for the holidays. It reminds me of going around Rockefeller Center in Midtown Manhattan to see the tree and all the beautiful Angels with lights along the fountains.

Take care, Helen🎄❄️⛄️

Comment

Friend lost his wife a few weeks ago, today his regular Tesco shop they were playing

Lonely this Christmas

Comment

A bit corny maybe Mrs M. But every time I hear the carol 'Silent Night' I join in with tears in my eyes. Not goosebumps as such but emotional for me.
        Jill

Comment

Our first Christmas highlight on 1st December every year is to bring out John Denver and the Muppets Christmas special!

Comment

"Driving home for Christmas" Chris Rea. Goosebumps and tummy butterflies, we live very rural in the Hambleton hills (James Herriot country) Fondest memories of driving through the beautiful winter landscape into the hills knowing a log fire and warm welcome are waiting.... Off on a winter sunshine ( I hope) cruise shortly on QV , will be home just in time for Christmas. Seasons greetings to all .

Comment

As far as Christmas music goes I love Hark The Herald Angels Sing, I find it vary uplifting and happy. Jan.

Comment

My mum came for dinner yesterday and while I was getting it ready , I asked exactly to play Frank Sinatra Christmas songs. He's a favourite of Mums and his voice was so beautiful especially for Silent Night.
                BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Once in Royal David’s City sung by a chorister at the Nine Lessons and Carols at Kings on Christmas Eve,it brings tears to my eyes.

Comment

For many years when living in London, I used to go to the Royal Choral Society's Christmas concert at the Royal Albert Hall. In the early days I went with my sister but then later took my kids.

Quite a few years ago now, they changed the format and the usual repertoire. It completely ruined it for me as some of the music was too high brow for my liking and so not enjoyable anymore.

Why they changed it, I have no idea because it was so successful as it was.
                    Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                      A bit corny maybe Mrs M. But every time I hear the carol 'Silent Night' I join in with tears in my eyes. Not goosebumps as such but emotional for me.
                      I love Silent Night too.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I love all the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s pop Christmas songs.
                        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Opera on MSC gives s both a tingle, especially when the Italians of all ages are singing along.

John

Comment

I know this was originally about Christmas music, but can I revive it by mentioning Jack Savoretti and "Singing to Strangers". It is the best CD I've bought in ages, especially "Candlelight". A couple of years ago we were on board for my birthday and the leader of the cast sang "Angels" (Robbie Williams) for me. I thought of sending him a message saying I heard "Candlelight" and thought of him. Then I reconsidered since he is much younger than my daughter!

Comment

Anything by a Welsh male voice choir brings tears to my eyes. Myfanwy is a particular favourite as well as some hymn tunes.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X