• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Lewis Ad.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

I learned piano as a child, and while I can play moderately well, for me it is essentially a solitary pursuit. Our sons studied trumpet and clarinet in school and enjoyed playing in the band. Neither of them was particularly athletic and the band was their community activity rather than a sports team. They both play guitar, one in a rock group (in his day job he is a project manager with a large software company). They have encouraged their children to play different instruments, with varying degrees of success.
    Similar story. I only had instrumental lessons on the violin but learned to play additional instruments including the piano. Well you couldn't have a piano in the house, have the ability to read music and not use it

My siblings primarily played brass instruments.

The family musical tradition continues with the younger generation.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
      Love it! A present on Christmas Day as a little boy shaped and changed his life. I think it’s beautiful I bet he wishes his mum was still alive to have seen it.
      It has meaning in my opinion it’s a yay from me
      I love it too and I think the message is lovely. Also, as someone who received a piano as a present a couple of months ago, it's reminded me I must keep up my practice. Who knows where it could lead!!
      Actually, my 8 year old grandson is learning it faster then me. That's the best bit, sharing it with him 💝
      BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

I like the ad, anything’s better than animals for me! As a pianist, it really appeals. Around here, there’s always a demand for accompanists so playing the piano is not a solitary thing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
          Love it! A present on Christmas Day as a little boy shaped and changed his life. I think it’s beautiful I bet he wishes his mum was still alive to have seen it.
          It has meaning in my opinion it’s a yay from me
          Me too.Loved it.
          The sentiments which came through had me tearing up at the end.

Comment

This made me chuckle .................................................. .................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
              This made me chuckle .................................................. .................Carol

I saw that last night but the message of the advert is the same??

Annie

PS Is the trend not towards experiences rather than 'stuff'??
              Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 16th November 2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Insider information indicates that it is not actually EJ playing the piano. I do not know how accurate that information is however.

Comment

I don't understand these modern Christmas adverts as they only show the stores name at the very end, which are easily forgotten.

A good example for me is the one in recent years of the first world war British and German soldiers coming together on Christmas Day.

I remember the ad, but haven't a clue who it was for.

On the other hand I can still remember ads from my childhood that included the words of the company within some corny tune.

When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent and that irritating lady doing the Shake & Vac were just two classics............Wilba

Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                    I don't understand these modern Christmas adverts as they only show the stores name at the very end, which are easily forgotten.

A good example for me is the one in recent years of the first world war British and German soldiers coming together on Christmas Day.

I remember the ad, but haven't a clue who it was for.

On the other hand I can still remember ads from my childhood that included the words of the company within some corny tune.

When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent and that irritating lady doing the Shake & Vac were just two classics............Wilba
                    Sainsbury - 2014 - loved that advert.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X