• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QM2 entering Liverpool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi Maggie.
    Thats cleared that up,,thanks.
    I and others thought it was some kind of disgruntled past passenger,it is a strange name for a fan site.
    JC
    I agree , it s a strange name and I know for sure that Cruise Critic site often gets mistaken for a place to complain. I held the meet & greets on a world cruise for Cruise Critic members and I got a few people each time coming thinking it was a place to discuss cruise problems on any cruise line. Take care Maggie.

Comment

So pleased I made the effort to go up to Liverpool for the event. Had to book the hotel almost a year ago, but even then had to change over to another hotel for one of the nights as the hotel ( in Liverpool 1 area) couldn't accommodate us for all the 3 nights.

We had a splendid viewing area at a Pier Head water front restaurant that we (20 Cunarders) had booked over a year ago. We arrived for pre lunch drinks at 12 midday and didn't dare move out until 11pm after the light show .

As a former Liverpool lad (done well in the south ) it was wonderful to be returning back after 40 years and amazed by all the changes. I'd rank 'Liverpool waterfront and Skyline' on par ( when arriving by ship) with Sydney Harbour, Manhattan or even Hong Kong.

Well done to Cunard for the 175 event ....and as one of the senior managers from Cunard marketing whispered to me " We certainly could not have done it without the full support of Liverpool city council "

Roll on July the 4th when I'll be back again, but this time as guest on Mary.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X