• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Hastings Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Hastings Day

Although probably not widely remembered throughout all areas of the country, today is Hastings Day to commemorate the date in 1066 when William (or was it Harry) conquered the Anglo-Saxon King Harold.

Locally we have events throughout the week including reinactments of the battle and the culmination with a giant parade, fireworks and bonfire on the beach.

In 2 years time, to commemorate the 950 anniversary there will be even larger festivities. Personally I'm looking forward to the 1000 year celebrations!

Originally posted by Harry, Hastings View Post
    Personally I'm looking forward to the 1000 year celebrations!
    Unfortunately I probably will not be available for that one.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
      Unfortunately I probably will not be available for that one.
      I had one of those nuisance sales calls the other day trying to sell me life insurance. She wondered why I wasn't interested in her wonderful offer so I told her 'Because I'm going to live forever' - she gave up!

Comment

Hope you had a happy Happy Hastings Day Harry. Like the reply to the nuisance life insurance call, I will use it next time I get a call.
        Oriana
        Oceana
        Ventura
        Queen Mary 2
        Queen Victoria
        Queen Elizabeth

Comment

I probably won’t be available to celebrate the 1000 year anniversary in Hastings, but will almost certainly be celebrating it in the company of Kings Harold and William.
          BB
          Originally posted by Harry, Hastings View Post
          Although probably not widely remembered throughout all areas of the country, today is Hastings Day to commemorate the date in 1066 when William (or was it Harry) conquered the Anglo-Saxon King Harold.

Locally we have events throughout the week including reinactments of the battle and the culmination with a giant parade, fireworks and bonfire on the beach.

In 2 years time, to commemorate the 950 anniversary there will be even larger festivities. Personally I'm looking forward to the 1000 year celebrations!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X