• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer's over...MOTD's back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer's over...MOTD's back

I always know when summer's nearly over when Saturday night/Sunday morning has MOTD on.

How depressing is that! Apart from the fact watching grown [?] men kicking hell out of a leather [?] sphere and very occasionally each other, is utterly boring, the screening of a new season of MOTD really brings home the fact autumn isn't too far away.

It also means my social schedule is, once again, subject to 'the match' which again, can be subject to television/filming schedules. B...er.

Anyone else feel depressed at the thought... start of the football season or the end of summer?
    Last edited by Mrs M; 13th August 2011, 04:13 PM. Reason: changed a word

Hurrah! Hurrah!
    Let us all Rejoice, Rejoice I tell you..........at last I can take full use of my new TV (HD/3D and it makes a pot of tea too! - a leaving the RN present to myself!)

Did you mention Autumn? That means VENTURA is only 82 days away!

Welcome back football...its been a long summer!
    PM
    CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
    OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
    VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
    VENTURA Feb 2014

Comment

Yes it depresses the hell out of me Mrs M knowing my OH will be at every home match from now until the middle of next year and our social life will be totally controlled by it.

The end of summer ( did we have one ) doesn't really bother me as I enjoy the seasons, although I hope winter will not be as cruel to us as it was last year.
      Jo

Comment

Originally posted by PM, SW View Post
        Hurrah! Hurrah!
        Let us all Rejoice, Rejoice I tell you..........Welcome back football...its been a long summer!
        PM
        Two words PM, quoted by yourself I think in another post

Jog On.

Comment

Unfortunately if it was just MOTD it wouldn't be too bad. But it's Monday, Tuesday , Wednesday and ever blinking day of the week. It seems that there is always a match on if not the UK or Italy , then there's Spain, Germany, France, Holland, Greece . Then there are the highlights of matches, discussions, postmortems. Of course its also important to watch the team training, knowing what they're eating, remembering the previous results, seeing the team on the coach for away matches, in the dressing room getting ready.
          And of course if there is a free day then there is something about F1 or tennis or cycling or athletics.
          And if all else fails, then there is the thrill of watching your team's matches of days gone by.

Comment

Cheer up Mrs M; the end of summer, TMM, is marked by the end of the cricket season. And given that England today are the number one test side in the world, I am looking forward with relish to the fourth Test against India and all the County cricket to come.

Comment

Originally posted by hat776, malta View Post
              Unfortunately if it was just MOTD it wouldn't be too bad. But it's Monday, Tuesday , Wednesday and ever blinking day of the week. It seems that there is always a match on if not the UK or Italy , then there's Spain, Germany, France, Holland, Greece . Then there are the highlights of matches, discussions, postmortems. Of course its also important to watch the team training, knowing what they're eating, remembering the previous results, seeing the team on the coach for away matches, in the dressing room getting ready.
              And of course if there is a free day then there is something about F1 or tennis or cycling or athletics.
              And if all else fails, then there is the thrill of watching your team's matches of days gone by.
              ...and reading all about the little nuances of the team in the new season's handbook and not forgetting of course making sure dinner is ordered for a specific earlier time so they won't be going hungry to the 8pm kick off mid week...

Comment

I Love all four seasons but I am especially looking forward to this Christmas to spend it it with my Sister whom some of you may know was in hospital last one and wasnt expected to pull through so I cant wait

Summer was as expected, dull and wet but Spring seems to be the New Summer, glorious Sunshine, birds singing, flowers blossoming and next spring, well, I will be on my Cruise

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Leslie, London View Post
                  Cheer up Mrs M; the end of summer, TMM, is marked by the end of the cricket season. And given that England today are the number one test side in the world, I am looking forward with relish to the fourth Test against India and all the County cricket to come.
                  Well done that team...what's TMM? Test match marvel?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                    Two words PM, quoted by yourself I think in another post

Jog On.
                    Now that did make me laugh!
                    PM
                    CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
                    OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
                    VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
                    VENTURA Feb 2014

Comment

Rugby for us, every Sunday, rain and wind of the Yorkshire hills. But we have a cruise coming up so the excitement is over-riding the sinking feeling of my wellies in the mud; for now - Ally

Comment

I love all Sport cannot get enough.
                        As for football, don't really support any team, I think this stems from the fact I was always playing the game at weekends, up until my mid twenties. I just follow the results of my local teams.
                        Then cricket took over, and I used to play, and travel taking the family with me on the coach when we played away games. I remember playing an away game in Surrey on the Sunday, after England last won the world cup at football in 1966. Afterwards in the clubhouse we drank the bar dry to celebrate England's win, and none of us who were on the coach got to work on the Monday.
                        Well with Autumn fast approaching, means the Olympics will soon be here, the advantage of having them in this country is, I don't have to stay up all night to watch them.
                        No reason to feel depressed today with England Test Cricket Team becoming the Worlds No 1.
                        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

i Mrs M, Great news, forget all this football/cricket / boxing stuff, a new series of Downton Abbey starts next month.!!CG
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                            i Mrs M, Great news, forget all this football/cricket / boxing stuff, a new series of Downton Abbey starts next month.!!CG
                            Oh really?
                            I love love love that show, also the New Upstairs Downstairs, cant wait!

Comment

[QUOTE=Mrs M;297265]I always know when summer's nearly over when Saturday night/Sunday morning has MOTD on.

How depressing is that! Apart from the fact watching grown [?] men kicking hell out of a leather [?] sphere and very occasionally each other, is utterly boring, the screening of a new season of MOTD really brings home the fact autumn isn't too far away.

It also means my social schedule is, once again, subject to 'the match' which again, can be subject to television/filming schedules. B...er.

Anyone else feel depressed at the thought... start of the football season or the end of summer?[/QUOTE]

BOTH!!!!! Oh dear I think I need a cruise !!!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X