• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes you really cross?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes you really cross?

Please keep this topic off of personalities on here!! I know what some are like!

I live in a fabulous part of the world, twixt sea and forest. I drove across a particularly beautiful part of the New Forest today to meet friends for lunch. It was a grey and 'mizzly day' but brightened by the number of New Forest Ponies and their foals along the way, a real delight.

Until the inevitable, the crass idiot driving well in excess of the 40mph limit, had anything been coming in the other direction, when he nearly hit the ponies.................

Luckily today, they lived, hundreds don't each year.

It makes me so angry, why can't people keep to the speed limit??

Lizzie.
    Lizzie sigpic

What makes me really cross?

Bad Driving!

PM
    CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
    OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
    VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
    VENTURA Feb 2014

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
        Please keep this topic off of personalities on here!! I know what some are like!

I live in a fabulous part of the world, twixt sea and forest. I drove across a particularly beautiful part of the New Forest today to meet friends for lunch. It was a grey and 'mizzly day' but brightened by the number of New Forest Ponies and their foals along the way, a real delight.

Until the inevitable, the crass idiot driving well in excess of the 40mph limit, had anything been coming in the other direction, when he nearly hit the ponies.................

Luckily today, they lived, hundreds don't each year.

It makes me so angry, why can't people keep to the speed limit??

Lizzie.
        Lizzie

You and I keep to the limit because conciously or unconciously we have all the following to varying degrees:

1) Regard for authority
        2) Fear of being detected
        3) Fear of being inspected
        4) Fear of penalty
        5) Severity of penalty
        6) Intrinsically well behaved which is a function of our values, upbringing etc.

Called the Applied Behaviour Model.

Comment

Sorry Lizzie...I'd get lynched if I said what really makes me cross.

Comment

My pet hate is selfish idiots who park in a disabled parking space when they are not disabled. The other week I parked behind one woman as she was sprinting out of her car and blocked her in while I went shopping. But not before I put MY badge in the window :D When I came out she was blowing steam out of her ears... oh please DO call the cops I said... go right ahead and we'll see who gets the ticket you or me?

Hopefully she'll think twice before being so selfish.

I also wrote down her reg plate and make of car in case mine got damaged.
            Last edited by Esmeralda, ToonTown; 15th June 2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

The ConDems telling people that I will get s big pension , I don't get a big pay in the nhs and will get half my wage if it stays the same , I
              So how will I get a big pension ?

Comment

Another pet hate I have is cyclists who are dressed all in black and no lights on their bicycles and who are NOT using the cycle lanes. If I can't see you and I run over you.. so sorry but hard luck.

Comment

It's no wonder your economy has hit hard times, if that was available here lots of us would give up work and go to college

Comment

Originally posted by Esmeralda, ToonTown View Post
                    My pet hate is selfish idiots who park in a disabled parking space when they are not disabled. The other week I parked behind one woman as she was sprinting out of her car and blocked her in while I went shopping. When I came out she was blowing steam out of her ears... oh please DO call the cops I said... go right ahead and we;ll see who gets the ticket you or me?

On the driving issue - I hate when people fly up on the outside lane that is for turning right. You crawl for the last hour in the left lane for turning left or going straight ahead. Those speedys on the right then cut into your lane and there is always a sucker to let them in!

Comment

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
                      It's no wonder your economy has hit hard times, if that was available here lots of us would give up work and go to college

Comment

Can we have more than one? lol.... I'm on a roll..... Celebrities who buy weeny dogs to put into their handbags They are NOT accessories. The RSPCA are inundated with unwanted weeny dogs because of this stupid craze

Comment

My pet hate is selfish idiots who park in a disabled parking space when they are not disabled. The other week I parked behind one woman as she was sprinting out of her car and blocked her in while I went shopping. But not before I put MY badge in the window :D When I came out she was blowing steam out of her ears... oh please DO call the cops I said... go right ahead and we'll see who gets the ticket you or me?

I like it

Comment

Another pet hate I have is cyclists who are dressed all in black and no lights on their bicycles and who are NOT using the cycle lanes. If I can't see you and I run over you.. so sorry but hard luck.
                            Esmerelda - with those glasses I think you could see through brick wall! So you have no worries!

Comment

Can we have more than one? lol.... I'm on a roll..... Celebrities who buy weeny dogs to put into their handbags They are NOT accessories. The RSPCA are inundated with unwanted weeny dogs because of this stupid craze
                              Does that happen in mainstream UK? I thought they were Ugg boots!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X