• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

left hand dont know what the right hand is doing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• left hand dont know what the right hand is doing

hello people x I had an appt at the hospital today at 10am ( face to face! ) always get there early, importance of time etc. anyway this was a new hospital ( for me ) I think it was built around 1700!! anyway for anyone who lives in wales the road signs are notoriously bad, you really have to guess where you are going, anyway gave ourselves an hour to get there and only had to go to two garages to get directions an one person... ( for some reason couldnt get directions on google ) quite likely even google didnt know where this hospital was!Five diffrent departments we were sent to and in each one was told, " its not here there are no doctors in today " One nurse must have spent 20 mins on the phone trying to get help for me and she was told I was expected but nobody knew where! Gave up and came home to phone the hospital, I was cut off three times then eventually got through TO A MACHINE with three choices, none of which were mine.... So where does one go from here?

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    Don't they send txt in Scotland?
    Some departments do but most don’t. They have got to sign up to it. In the treatment rooms where I worked a lot of the patients opted out of a text, weird or what?

My dentist sends me a text a few days prior to my appt.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    I am proud to be British.

Having a bit to do with the medical profession at the moment, I can only assume less than perfect attention from the medics is a regional problem.
    I certainly can’t complain!

Leave a comment:

• ev'n'clive, HENGOED
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Why Britailn?? Health is devolved to the Welsh authorities.

Annie
    Hi annie, I am english, living in wales and in england I always used to say, " why should Britain tremble " I have just always thoight we are British as a whole, obvs. other people would disagree, I think that generally the english think of themselves as british but the other nations probably think differently........................ x

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied

I don't know as I have not had to attend a Scottish hospital in years

Annie
    You are fortunate indeed - long may it continue .

LMM

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    Depends on the department in the Highlands - a lot of the time it is a 'phone call. And as they are withheld numbers it annoys me - prefer not to answer unknown numbers.

LMM

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied

I get a text for appointments and cancellations scheduled at hospital.

Follow up letter if I don't acknowledge through the portal.
    I don't know as I have not had to attend a Scottish hospital in years

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied

What makes you ask the question - just curious. Btw We do use texts in Scotland wrt to NHS. Probably down to Health Board.

my niece uses the text reminder service and it has not reduced the DNAs. She just sends them to the bottom of the list and btw it is not critical care.

Annie
    I get a text for appointments and cancellations scheduled at hospital.

Follow up letter if I don't acknowledge through the portal.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    What makes you ask the question - just curious. Btw We do use texts in Scotland wrt to NHS. Probably down to Health Board.

my niece uses the text reminder service and it has not reduced the DNAs. She just sends them to the bottom of the list and btw it is not critical care.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
    update to my hospital appt............ it was cancelled on 7 june 21 .......... i had an appt letter dated 8 june 21!!!!!!!! it seems I was supposed to guess my appt had been cancelled! My god why should britain tremble.
    Why Britailn?? Health is devolved to the Welsh authorities.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ev'n'clive, HENGOED
    replied
    update to my hospital appt............ it was cancelled on 7 june 21 .......... i had an appt letter dated 8 june 21!!!!!!!! it seems I was supposed to guess my appt had been cancelled! My god why should britain tremble.

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post

I don't think you read that properly.

Despite telling me to be available for one hour from 11:50 am until 12:50 pm, they then cancelled and re booked it for 12:00 midday. In other words, it was well within the original time frame and had only changed by 10 minutes.
    Yes I did read it right bigMc.

Leave a comment:

• BigMac, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Maybe the consultant took a last minute half day holiday or knew their OP clinic would run late. It’s the consultants schedule that dictates the appointments not the office worker.
    I don't think you read that properly.

Despite telling me to be available for one hour from 11:50 am until 12:50 pm, they then cancelled and re booked it for 12:00 midday. In other words, it was well within the original time frame and had only changed by 10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post

hi izzy x I was in the right dept, ( heamatology ) and the poor nurse was ringing everywhere all she was getting was voicemails.........I think she must have phoned every room in the hospital, nothing, one of the other nurses even took off on foot to find someone.........They tried absolutely everything and nothing
    As you were in the right clinic and the nurse couldn’t find the consultant or any doctor for that matter then yes please complain but this might be another dilemma as you have to complain to the right department and person. Eek 😬 Good luck in finding that. 😂

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X