• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

left hand dont know what the right hand is doing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post
    In Scotland, and under Dear Leader's regime, I was recently sent a letter informing me of a telephone appointment with my heart specialist.. It was to be 11:50 am, but I was asked to be available for a full hour beyond that time in case the consultant was delayed.

    I then received another letter cancelling the first appointment, which altered the new appointment to 12:00 midday..

    You have to wonder who actually runs this madness.
    Maybe the consultant took a last minute half day holiday or knew their OP clinic would run late. It’s the consultants schedule that dictates the appointments not the office worker.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post

      hi izzy x I was in the right dept, ( heamatology ) and the poor nurse was ringing everywhere all she was getting was voicemails.........I think she must have phoned every room in the hospital, nothing, one of the other nurses even took off on foot to find someone.........They tried absolutely everything and nothing
      As you were in the right clinic and the nurse couldn’t find the consultant or any doctor for that matter then yes please complain but this might be another dilemma as you have to complain to the right department and person. Eek 😬 Good luck in finding that. 😂
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

        Maybe the consultant took a last minute half day holiday or knew their OP clinic would run late. It’s the consultants schedule that dictates the appointments not the office worker.
        I don't think you read that properly.

        Despite telling me to be available for one hour from 11:50 am until 12:50 pm, they then cancelled and re booked it for 12:00 midday. In other words, it was well within the original time frame and had only changed by 10 minutes.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post

          I don't think you read that properly.

          Despite telling me to be available for one hour from 11:50 am until 12:50 pm, they then cancelled and re booked it for 12:00 midday. In other words, it was well within the original time frame and had only changed by 10 minutes.
          Yes I did read it right bigMc.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

          Comment


            #20
            update to my hospital appt............ it was cancelled on 7 june 21 .......... i had an appt letter dated 8 june 21!!!!!!!! it seems I was supposed to guess my appt had been cancelled! My god why should britain tremble.

            Comment


              #21
              Don't they send txt in Scotland?

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
                update to my hospital appt............ it was cancelled on 7 june 21 .......... i had an appt letter dated 8 june 21!!!!!!!! it seems I was supposed to guess my appt had been cancelled! My god why should britain tremble.
                Why Britailn?? Health is devolved to the Welsh authorities.

                Annie

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                  Don't they send txt in Scotland?
                  What makes you ask the question - just curious. Btw We do use texts in Scotland wrt to NHS. Probably down to Health Board.

                  my niece uses the text reminder service and it has not reduced the DNAs. She just sends them to the bottom of the list and btw it is not critical care.

                  Annie

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                    What makes you ask the question - just curious. Btw We do use texts in Scotland wrt to NHS. Probably down to Health Board.

                    my niece uses the text reminder service and it has not reduced the DNAs. She just sends them to the bottom of the list and btw it is not critical care.

                    Annie
                    I get a text for appointments and cancellations scheduled at hospital.

                    Follow up letter if I don't acknowledge through the portal.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

                      I get a text for appointments and cancellations scheduled at hospital.

                      Follow up letter if I don't acknowledge through the portal.
                      I don't know as I have not had to attend a Scottish hospital in years

                      Annie

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Depends on the department in the Highlands - a lot of the time it is a 'phone call. And as they are withheld numbers it annoys me - prefer not to answer unknown numbers.

                        LMM


                        Lawnmowerman

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                          I don't know as I have not had to attend a Scottish hospital in years

                          Annie
                          You are fortunate indeed - long may it continue .

                          LMM


                          Lawnmowerman

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                            Why Britailn?? Health is devolved to the Welsh authorities.

                            Annie
                            Hi annie, I am english, living in wales and in england I always used to say, " why should Britain tremble " I have just always thoight we are British as a whole, obvs. other people would disagree, I think that generally the english think of themselves as british but the other nations probably think differently........................ x

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I am proud to be British.


                              Having a bit to do with the medical profession at the moment, I can only assume less than perfect attention from the medics is a regional problem.
                              I certainly can’t complain!

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                                Don't they send txt in Scotland?
                                Some departments do but most don’t. They have got to sign up to it. In the treatment rooms where I worked a lot of the patients opted out of a text, weird or what?

                                My dentist sends me a text a few days prior to my appt.
                                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X