• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check your quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check your quotes

Why don't people check they have not messed up quotes

it's not hard to preview or just check after posting.

two recent ones.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...36#post1320136

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...16#post1320016

Can you please clarify TD - I don't see what is wrong.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

TD does it really matter how some people link a quote to their reply? In my mind no it doesn’t. as long as people are replying and posting that’s what matters. By pointing out this is like the spelling police people we used to have on the forum.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Quoted posts should be in a grey box.

Often it is an edit that deletes the quote markers

If you see QUOTE in the text it has usually gone wrong

It's post #16 on the thread, on my phone my previous link(second one) gets the wrong post.

Thought I checked it on the pc.

Comment

[QUOTE=Issyalex, Glasgow;n1320278]TD does it really matter how some people link a quote to their reply? In my mind no it doesn’t. as long as people are replying and posting that’s what matters. By pointing out this is like the spelling police people we used to have on the forum. Because the reply and quotes run into each other.

Comment

[QUOTE=Topdeck, London;n1320284]
            Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
            TD does it really matter how some people link a quote to their reply? In my mind no it doesn’t. as long as people are replying and posting that’s what matters. By pointing out this is like the spelling police people we used to have on the forum. Because the reply and quotes run into each other.
            And? 🤷🏻*♀️ You just read the whole post like I did with your making a point one. Maybe it’s due to the format they’re using, or their phone/pc/iPad?
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
              Quoted posts should be in a grey box.

Often it is an edit that deletes the quote markers

If you see QUOTE in the text it has usually gone wrong

It's post #16 on the thread, on my phone my previous link(second one) gets the wrong post.

Thought I checked it on the pc.

Hi TD, I have seen that happening but didn't realise what caused it and the effect it had - worth looking out for as I agree it makes for more difficult reading.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X