• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Just me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
    Also if the photo is more than 5 thingys it won't upload

As I discovered. You need to reduce the size. My edited photo's were around the 2MB mark.
    Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
      20190601_121558.jpgHi All
      The method Del Boy has so expertly explained is probably the best for uploading at the moment.

Difficult on a phone but not impossible.

Pictures are of Notre Dame de Lorette where 47 thousand French soldiers are buried.

#neverforgotten

20190601_122107.jpg
      Nice photo Garfie.

I wouldn't need to upload pics from my phone though, as I don't do a live blog and leave any review until I get home.

Can I thank all your input, especially Delboy who gave me the idiots guide on how to post pics successfully in a way that I could understand.
      Jill

Comment

Hiya
        Shame you didn't make the forum cruise and enjoyed your synopsis of your Fred river cruise.
        We spent a day on the river culminating with a look at the Lorelei Rock on our way to Prague in our coach tour days.

River cruising is not for us at the moment but never say never.

Regards
        Garf.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
          Hiya
          Shame you didn't make the forum cruise and enjoyed your synopsis of your Fred river cruise.
          We spent a day on the river culminating with a look at the Lorelei Rock on our way to Prague in our coach tour days.

River cruising is not for us at the moment but never say never.

Regards
          Garf.
          Yes, I would have liked to meet you Garfie.

We passed the Lorelei Rock and heard the legend of the mermaid that lured sailors to their deaths on the rock.
          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post
            It is all a bit convoluted and could be much, much better. It would be handy if where you are writing your reply could be be a separate window so that you don't feel you are doing it through a letter box.
            2019 Jaz Royale Cruise (92).JPG

2019 Jaz Royale Cruise (962).JPG

2019 Jaz Royale Cruise (1279).JPG

I have just used the upload attachments method, then selected insert large size. There 6 options, Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large, Fullsize & Remove
            I also had no issues with uploading the full size images either. It must just be down to different devices, platforms and peoples ability to know what to do when given different options.
            I posted Large size.

Nice pics of your trip to Egypt.

It was as hot in Germany last week as it was in May 1996 in Egypt when I was there.
            Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
              I have just written a review on the forum because I don't like the review section.

I guess it would have been pretty straightforward if I didn't post photos but I think a review with no pics at all can be a bit of a grind to read through.

I actually found it difficult to do because I couldn't seem to post more than one photo to each post.

Should it be this difficult?
              No it's not just you. I gave up trying to post photos ages ago. Life is just too short for that kind of aggravation. We store our photos on our computer with back up. If things have improved I might try again.

Comment

IMG_4348.PNG

image_8971.jpg

image_8973.jpg Just

in case there is any confusion this is a screenshot of the icon you need to click on to get the photo upload attachments.
                Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 1st July 2019, 10:06 AM.
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

^^^^^
                  then once you have them uploaded in the list you can start typing your post and insert as you go.
                  I find a good idea is to add a blank line before the inset of the image and one just after as it helps if you want to go back and add text.

Comment

5A9A2F0D-99C1-4304-8609-480DDFADD313.jpeg

This is what interests me the most re photographs and the Forum is I can upload photos from my iCloud Drive via the Files app on both my iPhone and iPad.
                    For nearly a year now, I have been using the Files app to store the majority of my photos. Although it does have its limitations.
                    However when Apple releases its next major development iOS13 on phones and iPad13 OS in the Autumn there are going to be some major developments The Files app gets SMB support, shared iCloud folders, support for USB thumb drives, and native zip and unzip support. And if you want to import files directly to an app (like images from your camera into Lightroom), You will be able to do that too. You will be able to use your iPad more like a laptop connecting hard drives to upload and download photos and even a mouse if you so wish.

https://www.macworld.com/article/339...o-install.html
                    Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 1st July 2019, 02:03 PM.
                    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X