• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Just me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it Just me?

I have just written a review on the forum because I don't like the review section.

I guess it would have been pretty straightforward if I didn't post photos but I think a review with no pics at all can be a bit of a grind to read through.

I actually found it difficult to do because I couldn't seem to post more than one photo to each post.

Should it be this difficult?
    Jill

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
    I have just written a review on the forum because I don't like the review section.

I guess it would have been pretty straightforward if I didn't post photos but I think a review with no pics at all can be a bit of a grind to read through.

I actually found it difficult to do because I couldn't seem to post more than one photo to each post.

Should it be this difficult?
    This is my main bugbear about the forum. I don't uderstand how it is so easy to post to sites such as Facebook with just one click but such a performance on here. No doubt someone will come on a say post from a photo storing site but you shouldn't have to.
    I have sometimes managed to post more than one photo at a time on here but no idea how I did it!

Comment

I thought you could post up to 14 photos at a time, as I posted on your other thread this morning I post photos direct from the photos app on either my iPad or iPhone similar to when posting on Facebook. However it is more difficult if you want to include photos amongst the text.
      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
        I thought you could post up to 14 photos at a time, as I posted on your other thread this morning I post photos direct from the photos app on either my iPad or iPhone similar to when posting on Facebook. However it is more difficult if you want to include photos amongst the text.
        Yes, that's what was the problem.

Jill

Comment

Just did an experiment on my phone, clicked on Post Reply, ignore the camera and chain link, click on the next icon, this then gave me the option of uploading attachments, clicked on this and it took me to my photo library on my phone, similar to when posting on Facebook.
          I then clicked on 14 of the photos showing, in roughly a minute it had uploading the 14 photo links, giving me the option to choose the size of each individual photo or delete. Then pressed done and all 14 photos uploaded. I was then given the options of Post Reply, Preview or Cancel, at this stage instead of posting I chose to cancel. I also had the option of adding text, but not in between each photo.
          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I struggled with my QV blog last week.
            In the end I worked out that I could attach 3 photos maximum in a separate comment. If I tried to add 4 it was unapproved and I had to message admin for help.

I hope you persevere as i love reading blogs xx

Comment

I think the attachment option is probably best, upload all your photos and you get a, list at the bottom of the edit window.

Start typing the text an insert the photo when you want one.

Comment

I am experimenting with Delboy's suggestion. Ignore the camera and chain link, which takes me across to 3 icons on the right of the post. So I am clicking on the first of the 3. All 3 photos uploaded so now let's see if they show in the post. IMG_20190626_120645.jpgDSCF9200.JPGIMG_20190622_093921.jpg

Jill

Comment

That seemed to work. So I guess it is best to upload the pics at the end of the written text.
                  Jill

Comment

Persevere as they are beautiful photo's, and I am very interested to see what you thought of it all.

We missed you on the forum cruise ..Carol x

p.s. just spotted you have done a review with pics so will have a look.
                    Last edited by Guy, Ormskirk; 30th June 2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                      Persevere as they are beautiful photo's, and I am very interested to see what you thought of it all.

We missed you on the forum cruise ..Carol x

p.s. just spotted you have done a review with pics so will have a look.
                      Thanks Carol, although my photo's are not up to the standard of others on this forum. I only have a Fuji point and click camera and my phone is not top of the range either.

I missed being with you all on the cruise too Carol. Let's hope we can get together some time soonish.
                      Jill

Comment

Also if the photo is more than 5 thingys it won't upload

Comment

Not really answering the question BUT this site has never been the best with its facilities and currently it is lacking in so many areas with sections just not working as they should.

I have stopped searching for cruises on here because it bu&&ers it up time after time. I was just on the Q & A section and tried to return here to the Forum and it wouldn't do it, just blanked on me so I shut it down and opened it up and it let me back on. Maybe it does it because I keep moaning about them Hey Ho.

On the other hand they now make it quite clear that the people answering questions on the Q & A section are cruisers and give a number for consultants but they still, the general public, will give all but their inside leg measurement for anyone to read. Burglars paradise sometimes.

In the Q & A case I suppose it's the old adage.......If all else fails ----read the instructions. Happy days. .....Neil

Comment

It is all a bit convoluted and could be much, much better. It would be handy if where you are writing your reply could be be a separate window so that you don't feel you are doing it through a letter box.
                            2019 Jaz Royale Cruise (92).JPG

2019 Jaz Royale Cruise (962).JPG

2019 Jaz Royale Cruise (1279).JPG

I have just used the upload attachments method, then selected insert large size. There 6 options, Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large, Fullsize & Remove
                            I also had no issues with uploading the full size images either. It must just be down to different devices, platforms and peoples ability to know what to do when given different options.
                            www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

20190601_121558.jpgHi All
                              The method Del Boy has so expertly explained is probably the best for uploading at the moment.

Difficult on a phone but not impossible.

Pictures are of Notre Dame de Lorette where 47 thousand French soldiers are buried.

#neverforgotten

20190601_122107.jpg
                              Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 30th June 2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X