• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Dross in the Reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Dross in the Reviews

On a cold, snowy (no golf) morning I found myself taking a rare look at the review section of this site, I gave up after the first review.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-revi...review-122982/

It's embarrassing that these reviews are not deleted before publication.

John

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
    On a cold, snowy (no golf) morning I found myself taking a rare look at the review section of this site, I gave up after the first review.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-revi...review-122982/

It's embarrassing that these reviews are not deleted before publication.

John
    I visit the review section even less than you do John.

However I did my nosy and I completely agree.

I appreciate CD boasts that every review is unmoderated but reviews such as this do CD no favours - JMO.

Annie

BTW I do recall James pulling a review as it had become a platform for 2 banned forum members to conduct their usual slanging match
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 24th January 2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I used to enjoy reading the reviews. Most people seemed to make an effort to write something useful or entertaining. Many now seem to be complete fabrications or moans about something and nothing, and any negative response seems to bring out the trolls. The reviews need to be either moderated properly, or abandoned altogether.

Comment

Look on the bright side.

Once the beds are made, the reviewer will be back inside.

Comment

This is why forums/web sites need moderators!
          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

There is an anti spam filter on people editing post on the forum everything is under control.

Comment

The link doesn't work on my iPad (I think I need a new one) I started a review yesterday but the cruise was five weeks across the South Pacific on Seabourn Sojourn. It needs heavily editing!

Comment

I had a look in last week and saw some of the dross comment contenders out at play, but interestingly, under the rather brief pseudonym [s] of , !

Looked in today and the playground is bare, Their comments have been removed.

That saying, I did wonder if there was a free cruise comp for the most flowery written review. I think ''dross' is too polite when reviewing these out of date, obsolete and occasionally downright ridiculous offerings.. I'd use a word which begins with c, ends in p and has ra in the middle.[ and I agree, these reviews do the site no favours.

Thankfully, there are some very objective reviews which stand up to scrutiny. No grandiose language, no subjective ''dining with the Captain'' and ''drinking with the Deputy'', just straightforward, readable accounts. Even then, some get ''thumbed down''.

Review page fixes
                Get rid of the thumbs, get rid of the comments and get rid of the xxxp.

Comment

I can only assume that the pseuonym of , is something done by Cruise dot to protect the innocent. Whenever I posted a comment I was attacked by trolls. After complaining to Cruise dot they removed my name and any comment that I make is credited to ,. Having said that, i haven't made a comment on the reviews for months because whenever I do, I am told "O dear, there is a problem"

Comment

Unfortunately there is a rise across all review sites of both poor and patently false posts. Having just bought a TV and leased a car, I can assure you this is so for all sectors, not just travel.

My favourite though has to be when a spokesperson for a hotel religiously answers (usually by cut and paste) each review with a" thank you for your visit and your points have been passed onto the relevant supervisor".

Probably like most forum members, we always look across several reviews for repeated comments and constructive points before deciding.

I commend the forum members for their realistic blogs and reviews, which as well as being useful in directing towards future cruises always make good reading.

Cheers

Tony B

Comment

Originally posted by zopadooper, skegness (2) View Post
                      I can only assume that the pseuonym of , is something done by Cruise dot to protect the innocent. Whenever I posted a comment I was attacked by trolls. After complaining to Cruise dot they removed my name and any comment that I make is credited to ,. Having said that, i haven't made a comment on the reviews for months because whenever I do, I am told "O dear, there is a problem"
                      I submitted my reviews under a slightly more believable pseudonym than '','' and got some very favourable comments.Objective and to the point wins the day with me but all moot now because I haven't been able to submit a review for a while so can't be bothered trying any more.

Comment

I no longer post reviews in that section, and only make occasional cursory visits these days for all the reasons quoted above.

Now we come to my favourite dislike both on the Review and Q&A sections. Thumbs Down.

I feel genuinely sorry for first and low time cruisers who post a review full of exuberance with admittedly stuff we've all read times over, and half a dozen beurks give it a Thumb Down.

It must be soul destroying for someone to write about their excitement of their first taste of cruising, only to be sniped at by a few D***h***s.

Thumbs Down is just another form of hate mail.................Wilba
                        Last edited by Wilba; 24th January 2019, 12:26 PM.
                        Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                          I no longer post reviews in that section, and only make occasional cursory visits these days for all the reasons quoted above.

Now we come to my favourite dislike both on the Review and Q&A sections. Thumbs Down.

I feel genuinely sorry for first and low time cruisers who post a review full of exuberance with admittedly stuff we've all read times over, and half a dozen beurks give it a Thumb Down.

It must be soul destroying for someone to write about their excitement of their first taste of cruising, only to be sniped at by a few ********s.

Thumbs Down is just another form of hate mail.................Wilba
                          Perfect description and I'd go so far as to say some of the comments resembled a tit for tat battle field. Luckily, admin seemed to have woken up to that part of the nastiness and removed the comments. Now remove some of the reviews and the thumb facility, both red and green.

Comment

Excellent suggestions from one and all, some very simple changes that have the potential to greatly improve the review section for the overall benefit of the cruising community.

Any one out there?

John

Comment

Stick to the forum, do not venture into the Reviews or Q&A.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X