• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Games

Hi all
    Is it only me but im getting really bored with the games:D;).
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

But I thought that's what the majority of the forum members wanted...not.

It has given some members a lot to do over the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
      Hi all
      Is it only me but im getting really bored with the games:D;).
      JC
      So ignore them then.
      Jill

Comment

In my opinion they detract from what was once an excellent site. It has now become more like CBeebies! I tend to spend more time elsewhere.

Comment

I did partake with probably half a dozen responses with one of the games, but with one thread now over 860+ replies I think it is having a significant impact on the forums. Especially if you look at the "New Posts" view. When I first saw these 3 'games' appear I did think they were pretty close to line with one of the forum rules;

2. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.

...however I thought "Let's see if it fills a gap, gets some new posters posting then fizzles out"

They were fun for a while, but looking forward, probably time to close those out and back to the cruising dialogue and discussions

With all the new itineraries going on sale (if not already) there seems to be very few posts discussing deals, timing of booking, beating the price rises......

Just my thoughts.
          sigpic
          Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
          Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
          Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
          Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Comment

Originally posted by ger, scotland View Post
            In my opinion they detract from what was once an excellent site. It has now become more like CBeebies! I tend to spend more time elsewhere.
            I have spent a lot of time over on the other side lately at least it is based on cruising :o
            I love fun and going off topic for a while but "this is sketch is getting silly" as Monty Python would say.
            It is more like Bruce good game, good game.
            Remember the site is to sell cruises discuss ships and experiences, excursions, D.I.Y shore trips, drinks prices and Gratuities.
            For real sport smoking policies :D

Comment

Ya' can't beat tipping, smokin', dress codes and trays if you want a lively forum......Wilba
              Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba, N View Post
                Ya' can't beat tipping, smokin', dress codes and trays if you want a lively forum......Wilba
                Hi Wilba, Keep seeing the expression 'trays' used but don't understand? What are 'trays? The only trays I know of are ones to put
                food on etc! Aplologies for seeming 'thick'!!
                sigpic
                Wen

Comment

Well, they are all still under debate so it's not all bad. I'll admit to contributing to the games threads but am getting bored now. I also spend a fair amount of time on the answers and reviews sections. I think the games threads will fizzle out but I don't think anyone should enforce it.
                  The games threads were set up by a valued member of this forum after the' I'm losing interest' thread gained momentum. I still think that it's the time of year and the cold winter that has slowed things down somewhat.
                  Now that there are more deals and new ships coming on to the market, I'm confident that the crusing threads will increase.

Jill
                  Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith, Crayford View Post
                    Well, they are all still under debate so it's not all bad. I'll admit to contributing to the games threads but am getting bored now. I also spend a fair amount of time on the answers and reviews sections. I think the games threads will fizzle out but I don't think anyone should enforce it.
                    The games threads were set up by a valued member of this forum after the' I'm losing interest' thread gained momentum. I still think that it's the time of year and the cold winter that has slowed things down somewhat.
                    Now that there are more deals and new ships coming on to the market, I'm confident that the crusing threads will increase.

Jill
                    Jill, I've read those two words before on a thread which contained some criticism of a poster and I can't remember which one it was.

Don't use that phrase in order to single anyone out. Every single one of us is a 'valued member'. You are giving status to a poster who would be the first to acknowledge she is not a special case. I am valued, YOU are valued, he/she is valued...

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                      Jill, I've read those two words before on a thread which contained some criticism of a poster and I can't remember which one it was.

Don't use that phrase in order to single anyone out. Every single one of us is a 'valued member'. You are giving status to a poster who would be the first to acknowledge she is not a special case. I am valued, YOU are valued, he/she is valued...
                      Sorry people. I was only trying to justify the opening of games threads.

Jill
                      Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoasters, Hampshire View Post
                        Hi Wilba, Keep seeing the expression 'trays' used but don't understand? What are 'trays? The only trays I know of are ones to put
                        food on etc! Aplologies for seeming 'thick'!!
                        You need to read the Princess pursues Village people thread.......Wilba
                        Wilba

Comment

You need to read the Princess pursues Village people thread.......Wilba
                          Thanks Wilba for that, now I understand.
                          sigpic
                          Wen

Comment

I enjoy everything about this forum. I make no apologies for enjoying the games. a little light relief does no one any harm. Or it shouldnt! Carol
                            sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by ger, scotland View Post
                              Worrying quote! Especially for a cruise site!

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
                              I have spent a lot of time over on the other side lately at least it is based on cruising :o
                              I love fun and going off topic for a while but "this is sketch is getting silly" as Monty Python would say.
                              It is more like Bruce good game, good game.
                              Remember the site is to sell cruises discuss ships and experiences, excursions, D.I.Y shore trips, drinks prices and Gratuities.
                              For real sport smoking policies :D
                              I agree! I do wonder what cruise dot make of it??
                              Might help if we could all think of 'cruising related' topic starters and then we all tried to stay 'on topic' for a while?

Originally posted by grantthomas, Emsworth View Post
                              I did partake with probably half a dozen responses with one of the games, but with one thread now over 860+ replies I think it is having a significant impact on the forums. Especially if you look at the "New Posts" view. When I first saw these 3 'games' appear I did think they were pretty close to line with one of the forum rules;

2. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.

...however I thought "Let's see if it fills a gap, gets some new posters posting then fizzles out"

They were fun for a while, but looking forward, probably time to close those out and back to the cruising dialogue and discussions

With all the new itineraries going on sale (if not already) there seems to be very few posts discussing deals, timing of booking, beating the price rises......

Just my thoughts.
                              I agree Grant, I too have posted about half a dozen times on those threads, but the site was not set up for games. In fairness, I think the 'games' were set up to 'take the heat out of a fractious situation/s' but maybe it's time to move on?..........

Lizzie
                              Lizzie sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X