• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory test

On the Martin Lewis website I followed a link to take a practice test for the DVSA.

There are 50 multiple choice questions and you get 57 minutes to do it. You need 43 to pass and I got 46. You can review the ones you got wrong at the end but I pushed a back button and so only saw one, which was to do with loads on a roof rack.

Some of the questions are hilarious but others I wasn't sure of as it isn't on my radar, towing speeds was one.

There is a second one to do which I might try later.

Sorry I can't post a link but if you put 'DVSA Theory' in Google it is easy to find.

Have a go and see how many you get right....Carol
    Last edited by Guy, Ormskirk; 3rd August 2017, 07:28 AM.

Oooo I got 47/50. Didn't know the two about hand signals, nor the one about parking on yellow lines/bays and paying/not paying.

Here's the link: https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/...g-theory-test/

Comment

Might have a go at this when I have time later, hoping to be reasonably ok as only been driving for 4 years so it should be relatively fresh, I got 49/50 on the real one

Comment

I haven't driven for a while now, think I'd need a new test completely as I've lost all my confidence

Well that wasn't a good start, I only got 39. Probably best, I'll stay a passenger and keep of the roads! .............Carol
        Last edited by carol, welwyn garden city; 3rd August 2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
          I haven't driven for a while now, think I'd need a new test completely as I've lost all my confidence ..............................Carol
          Me too Carol. I made the decision to give up driving only 6 months ago but I still might have a go at the test for fun.
          Jill

Comment

48, not bad as it was 53 years ago when I took the test.

I should have got 49 but I went back and changed one of them, the amber light at a level crossing .......Bah!

I got the trailer on a dual carriageway wrong as I went for 40 instead of 50mph

Strange that they refer to 'Arm' signals, as when we all were tested on them they called them 'Hand' signals............Wilba
            Wilba

Comment

Thanks for posting the link Duncan

When I took my test there wasn't a theory and a man walked in front of you waving a flag.....Carol

Comment

I chuffed to bits, I got 49/50 and I've been driving for 62 years. .....Neil

Comment

Well so far Neil you are the winner

Which one did you get wrong?..Carol

Comment

Pleased to get 47 as I didn't do a theory test back in the 70s, and have only been back in UK since 2010

Comment

46 for me, did not know the trailer questions and managed to get the level crossing one wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                        Well so far Neil you are the winner

Which one did you get wrong?..Carol
                        The heavy load on the roof rack, I believed it would make braking more difficult or similar. ....Neil

Comment

47 for me - and I'm unlikely ever to tow anything (got 2 wrong about towing) or have a roof rack!

Comment

Ive only been driving 10 years and scored full marks with my theory test then, but only 48/50 this time.
                            Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 4th August 2017, 11:37 PM.
                            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X