• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you not do for money?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. I will never bring duty free cigarettes back with me for anyone. I watched my father die from smoking, which wasn't quick and wasn't pretty. If anyone else wants to risk going down that route they do so with no help from me.

2. I will never have a tattoo.

3. I will never sing karaoke. I'd have to be very, very drunk and my days of getting very, very drunk are long gone.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Comment

One thing I wouldn't have qualms about, if near starvation, would be cannibalism (think the Andes plane crash and the Donner party 'going West'm,etc). However I would want them to have died of natural clauses first, don't think I could actually kill someone for food.

But drnking and smoking, having a tattoo are hardly 'extenuating circumstances', nor a matter of survival, which is when you would be really tested.

Comment

Further to my last post Re: Killing for money...my default setting on violence/assault is Pacifism! However,some years ago when I was in business, a business acquaintance of mine told me of his 100% success rate in recovering monies outstanding. His father was a boxing trainer and therefore he knew quite a few "Hard Men". One of these boxers used to visit the offending debtor and "have a word". His technique did not involve any physical contact,but relied on his glaring at the debtor whilst he(the boxer) imagined that he was EATING the debtor's heart. I have no idea about the collectors appearance ,but you could not argue with his results. I was offered his services but had to refuse due to my principles(and the size of my bad debts being quite small).

Comment

I would never

1 swim with "you know what's" they have big teeth and Steven Spielberg made films about them. They are my irrational phobia.

2 send any animal I own to the meat man

3 be in the same room as my daughter's boyfriend

can only think of three sorry

Comment

I wouldn't sell my body in case I was asked for a refund. .........Wilba
            Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post
              One thing I wouldn't have qualms about, if near starvation, would be cannibalism (think the Andes plane crash and the Donner party 'going West'm,etc). However I would want them to have died of natural clauses first, don't think I could actually kill someone for food.

But drnking and smoking, having a tattoo are hardly 'extenuating circumstances', nor a matter of survival, which is when you would be really tested.
              I believe the premise of the thread was what you would not be prepared to do for money, not what you would do to survive.

Comment

Like Jill, I'm struggling for an answer... it's age and infirmity which would stop me now. I have climbed a mountain, but find a gangway at high tide a bit of a struggle these days, and wasn't too keen about the rollercoaster at- I think Chessington- where your legs dangled free, but I did it and it was fine.
                I wouldn't step over an adder, and have made several detours to avoid doing that, an occupational hazard on the dunes at Seascale...
                Jo.

Comment

I've willed my body to Medical Research................but they are contesting the will!

Comment

I've had a good think and I would never do the following for money:

Have a tattoo
                    Stand up to sing God Save the Queen in Wales
                    Touch a mouse
                    Vote Tory
                    Watch Benidorm/I'm a Celebrity/Big Brother

Comment

Anything involving fire and/or heights is a definite no no for me and no amount of money would induce me.
                      Cheers Drew and Linda

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X