• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer a question with a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaman Staines, Dudley
    started a topic Answer a question with a question

Answer a question with a question

I don't know if you have played this game before but it can be quite amusing.

All you have to do is to answer the previous question with another question.

Let me start us off.....

What's your favourite ship?

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    No, it is not that I can’t be bothered it is hard with a canula in one arm. Not always the same arm. Even something as simple as eating a yoghurt is difficult with only one hand. You chase it round the tray. There is no where to put a jigsaw. I can move around, but have to take the drip stand with me and we are not allowed out of our four bed bay because of isolation. I did the writing thing when I was at school and can still do it. It would be difficult now because I couldn’t hold the paper still. I’m reading a book in two days, fortunately Alison is keeping me supplied. Alan brings clean clothes every few days and takes the washing home, but he can only come as far as the ward door. It really is worse than prison. Don’t they have TV?

Leave a comment:

• Mariers2, Rushden
    replied
    That sounds as though thevarious things they need to monitor you are always doneto one hand.A lot depends on whether you have to be in bed while all of it is going on,or if you can move around a bit. if the hand used is the same one you write or hold things in, it means you are limited as to what you coud possibly do. If it is, you could try teaching yourself to write upside down or back to front. It takes a bit of concentration, but itmight help take your mind away from the usual things,. i used to do it because my grandfather could and my thoughts have always made me want todo what somebody else could. Now. i often read pieces of things from the paper my husband is looking at. it might be possible to do a jigsaw using one hand, if Alan could get one for you. Apparently the Queen has a large one and it is left for anyone toput pieces in where they belong,as they pass it by, so it could takea long time to complete it.
    You are not going to say you don't do any of those things,because you can't be bothered are you?????.

Leave a comment:

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    Yesterday, today and tomorrow are all the same for me. One long round of blood tests, IVs and crap food. If anyone can suggest ways of occupying my self that involve only the use of one hand, I should be grateful. There is only so long one can sit and read, isn’t there?

Leave a comment:

• Mariers2, Rushden
    replied
    That, my dear is something only you can answer. There can be many phrases that occur to you, but some could simply be excuses, and there's no need to spend time trying to pick one. you, and everyone can't change what happened yesterday, and until you have spent today doing whatever things you are doing, there's little point in worrying about what you may or may not do tomorrow, because for one thing tomorrow never comes; there's a prayer rattling around which I can't remember but it has the words "change the things that can be changed, accept what can't and wisdom to know the difference. " sounds logical, but isn't it difficult to always do?

Leave a comment:

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    No, meditation is not one of my skills. I wish I could. I over think things and upset myself. I know I have developed an acute anxiety disorder that the antidepressant is mostly keeping under control. Instead of going into complete meltdown, I sit and cry quietly. I’ve tried remembering good times, but that makes me cry more. I’ve had a very privileged life, so why am I such a miserable cow?

Leave a comment:

• Mariers2, Rushden
    replied
    It's not an easy one to answer; as I can only speak from my own position. I do know that when I'm faced with a choice or decision, I often argue with myself, with what ifs. if i stop now, something will happen and I'll wish I had gone on; it could also go the opposite way, if I keep on, maybe I'll wish I had stopped. I've heard and read that if you empty your mind and sit quietly, thinking of nothing else, an answer will come to you. I find it hard to think of nothing, can you do it?

​​​​​​​This post I did yesterday and today it had been hidden.

Leave a comment:

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    My choice is to live or die. It is as simple as rant. Why would I want to live in hospital. With no family contact. Every day is the same unless I have yet another procedure

Leave a comment:

• Mariers2, Rushden
    replied
    It's not an easy one to answer; as I can only speak from my own position. I do know that when I'm faced with a choice or decision, I often argue with myself, with what ifs. if i stop now, something will happen and I'll wish I had gone on; it could also go the opposite way, if I keep on, maybe I'll wish I had stopped. I've heard and read that if you empty your mind and sit quietly, thinking of nothing else, an answer will come to you. I find it hard to think of nothing, can you do it?

Leave a comment:

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    I have no choice Marie. The cancer will win and all the fight has gone out of me. I have been in hospital three weeks out of the last five. It is a miserable existence with rubbish food, no visitors, TV or radio and blood tests every morning plus four iv antibiotics a day. This is not bringing about any improvement to how I feel. Knowing there is no hope, wouldn’t you want an end to it?

Leave a comment:

• Mariers2, Rushden
    replied
    If everything tastes vile, then perhaps you could eat/drink things which may be good for you, even though you don't like them. Sorry if I disappoint you, but I will try to answer that one. Much depends on the attitude a person has, I think. If someone creates a bloody-minded face, s/he will try to do the opposite, so instead of letting the other party( cancer) win by giving up, that bloody attitude will make the person try not to let it win, just to BE bloody-minded. I'm definitely Not telling you what to do, but from the tone of all your past comments, I've always had a sneaky admiration for you. I can remember when you seemed to have changed your attitude to the way you grew up, and the outlook you used to have. The ball is in your court, my dear. In which direction are you going to send it?

Leave a comment:

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    I’m coping with hospital WiFi which is hopeless some things appear twice, others disappear.

thanks for the advice Marie. I think Complan would also taste vile. I have tried sweet, savoury, salty and acidic but all leave this absolutely revolting taste. I suspect my liver is failing and it is not going to get any better. I have an ultra sound this morning then some decisions to make. Do I call a halt to treatment? (.I don’t expect a reply to that one)

Leave a comment:

• Foxtrot, Derby
    replied
    Occasionally one of my posts goes missing for some silly reason or another. But you don't have to bother about it. Life is too shorty to worry over such things. Isn't it ?

Leave a comment:

• Mariers2, Rushden
    replied
    For some reason every one of my posts gets hidden, with the message option to restore or discard. As if that was not enough, now if i access this forum from Google, when I click to post my contribution, an error message appears to say invalid server. if I access the site with Edge, my posts are accepted. I would appreciate it if somebody could explain why these anomalies are happening. Anyone else have these problems?

Leave a comment:

• Mariers2, Rushden
    replied
    I seem to remember you saying you'd been told you could eat whatever you wanted, so i wondered if you could choose an indigestion tablet that had suited you in the past,which might ease it.I know it's not the same for you, but for years I was buying antacid tablets every day, and I'd accepted it was something I had to live with. One day i chanced to see a different doctor, and he prescribed Omeprazole. i also read an article about good bacteria necessary for the gut.It mentioned Multidophilus, so I gave it a try. After a couple of weeks i noticed a difference. Taking one Omeprazole each morning before breakfast, and I rarely get any indigestion, now. The multidphilus I take at the start of my daily fruit / muesli / and yoghurt bowl; that has made a big difference .
    There used to be a powdered drink called Complan, often given to help nourish following illness. Could youtry something like that, which might tempt your appetite?

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X