• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer a question with a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remain convinced that the virus is engineered and came from a Chinese lab. China should have to pay compensation and be removed from the WTO. None of us should buy anything made in China ever again. Twenty years ago China was a closed country. Can we close it again please?

Comment

Being an Island would should have been better prepared for it. Put a stop to people leaving the country and coming into it. We managed to put a stop to the rabies virus. Being prepared would have helped a lot don't you think ?

Comment

Yes, open borders were always a mistake. The old way worked for years, so why do away with border controls?

Comment

Maybe they will think twice about it when this is all over? Let's hope so.
          Last edited by Foxtrot, Derby; 9th April 2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Some will of course object. What does a delay at a border matter?

Comment

Nothing at all. No different from queuing on the motorway pay stations. People get used to the idea. Like queuing at supermarkets. Outside Morrisons today the queue was twice as long. It starts from the doorway you go in, right around the back of the supermarket and back to the doorway again. Can't you tell the supermarket is shut for one day? Are people afraid of starving to death?

Comment

Yes they seem to be. The queues outside look very long but move quickly. According to the government I am not allowed outdoors. Alan is doing the shopping, no doubt it will be a fiasco tomorrow. Wouldn’t we be better waiting until Monday?

Comment

Most likely because some things will be cheaper if they are Easter related and too many left over. Its like the day after Christmas they start the sales now before January. Morrisons Easter Eggs are already BOGOF. That's if there are any left now. Ah well, takes alsort to make a world doesn't it?

Comment

It only takes one sort to make the world become a mess. Maybe the ones who ignore the position have decided that if it's a forgone conclusion, they might as well go out with a bang. The fact that they take others with them counts for nothing.
                    We thought about our routine over the last few weeks, and apart from the face that I don't go down town as I used to, because he goes for the paper and a couple of times gets the shopping, the rest of our days are pretty much the same as usual, though Ken now has the time to use the left over paint, and has put another coat of preservative on our garden sheds, so that is a bonus, isn't it?

Comment

Yes, there seems to be time to do all these things, but is the motivation there? I’m trying new recipes from my very large collection of cookery books. So far one has a black cross through it. Tomorrow I’ll make a Victoria sandwich, ginger biscuits (not my usual recipe) and vanilla biscuits. Might make cornflake nests with Cadbury mini eggs too. If Alan can get any. My little riding client will appreciate them and Alison can collect and deliver them. What are you planning for the weekend?

Comment

More in the way of gardening if the weather holds. Usually, Easter can be cold and wet. But we look like getting a warm Easter. Just when we can't go anyway. Sod's law isn't it ?

Comment

Yes, it sure is. I have my four days steroids so I’m nearly a normal person until Sunday. I baked this morning and intend a little light weeding this afternoon. Might also go for a walk up the road and back(doctor’s recommendation)

Comment

That sounds a good idea. Make hay while the sunshines. Do you think some peoples gardens will look better than they normally do this year because of being grounded?

Comment

Might be difficult for those who can’t order on line. Our local plant nursery will deliver or you can collect at a prearranged time. Should be reliable as he’ll want our custom after the lockdown. Minimum £50 order for delivery. that does not go far on plants does it?

Comment

There would be plenty of room in our front garden if it were not for the ground covering Hypericums. Their underground runners have taken over everything, and the clay soil is too dry to be able to pull upmuch by the root. early in the week I heaved out a load of that trailing sticky weed that loves clinging to any material you may be wering. I wish the Comfrey would grow as quick, so I can harvest it for natural liquid fertiliser. i have amedium sized dustbin to fill, so it's going to take some time to rot down isn't it??

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X