• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer a question with a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not believe anything that comes out of China. We have an avalanche of wool pulled over our eyes. Perhaps they have a vaccine and are unwilling to share it. I expect the lockdown to continue on a rolling monthly basis, so no good news any time soon. I’d settle for my chemo to continue. Why are we not told of collateral damage due to Covid19?
    Last edited by Cooke, Ashby; 7th April 2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

All governments are capable of telling lies our is no exception. They only tell you what they want you to know. There are times its better not to know. Like why do they keep telling us about how many people have died from this virus but not how many have recovered from it?

Comment

Recovery is, I suppose not news. Plus they need to keep some people scared or they will not isolate themselves. I would expect the numbers of victims to increase for some weeks yet, wouldn’t you?

Comment

Recovery should be good news and give others hope of recovering if they have got the virus. The last thing you want to hear when you have it how many people have died. Its like visiting someone sick in bed and saying these are dreadful stair to get a coffin down. No one wants to know the truth do they?

Comment

Doesn't matter much what I think; like the weather, it will do what it is programmed to do, which is to perpetuate itself, as long as there are some to help it do just that. You might as well ask if they will come to their senses?

Comment

No they will not. There are other issues with this lockdown too. The increase in domestic violence, no doubt more suicides, a spike in the birth rate in nine months and the idiots on the road, who think there will be nobody else out and treat the roads like a race track. Even without breaking the speed limit we now get to the hospital in 25 minutes instead of 45. What is everyone in such a hurry?

Comment

I know its not nice to say but do you think these things happen for reason? In Nature its the survival of the fittest. The strong survive and the weak perish. Every year we get the flu virus going around, bad coughs and colds all take their toll on the weak. We accept it and carry on the best we can. Do we have any other choice in the matter? Are we just delaying things by staying indoors?

Comment

If we don’t isolate we will not have enough front line staff to cope with the everyday NHS services. If I get Covid19 it will kill me in days, but I shall refuse hospital treatment since I have DNR on my notes anyway. I think there is a case for only those with a chance of recovery being admitted to hospital. But who would decide?

Comment

Not all people getting the virus will go to hospital. Some will just sit it out at home. Is it just the really bad cases that are hospitalised ?

Comment

Not sure how they decide on treatment. I’m sure those less seriously affected can be treated at home, but once breathing becomes difficult and oxygen is required it is a hospital matter. There seems to be no pattern to this disease does there?

Comment

I wouldn't think there is any treatment for a virus. Years ago I had a really bad dry cough and was coughing constantly and felt worn out with it. In the end I went to the doctors with it just be be told it was a virus and there was no treatment for it. The doctor said she had it herself and couldn't cure it. So there is no point in seeing a doctor is there?

Comment

The treatment for severe cases is oxygen through a mask and for the even more serious various machines will breathe for them. Paracetamol is the drug of choice for fever along with fans to keep the patient cool (Dysons are excellent). There is a lot you can do at home even if you don’t need hospital. Did you know that hot Ribena soothes a cough?

Comment

No, I didn't know about Ribena. I will try that next time a get a cough. Although, one doesn't dare to cough at the moment. Especially if there are people close by who might think you have the virus. Do you think it could cause a stampede? Have people running in all directions? Mind you, it might clear the queue at Morrisons.

Comment

True, it might discourage others from crowding together. Why do some hospital staff insist on standing chatting and blocking the corridor?

Comment

There's not much point in trying to get through to those who onlycare about doing what they want, as they would say they have human rights,and everyone should be able to do what they like. They can't, or won't see they are playing Russian Roulette with everybody's lives.
                                I'd be interested to know what will happen when they come face tro face with someone they do care for,if that person gets infected. No room in a hospital or no nurse oe doctor to look after them,because theywill have all been infected.They will have their child or parent at home, and they will watch and hear, as the deterioration sets in.
                                Apparently news of the virus had been leaked from Wuhan as far back as December, but nobody took any notice. China had made plans, stockpiling on medical necessities in readiness so they were prepared. We could have had the things we would need if the powers that be had heeded the warnings. Remember the story of the little boy with his finger in the hole in the dam, as the water flooded in??
                                My guess is there will be a change of subject now

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X