• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer a question with a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not very if I was the one going for treatment. If you haven't got the virus they don't want to know. There is more ways of dying than with a virus isn't there?

Comment

Yes, they are shortening the lives of a lot of people by cancelling various diagnostic appointments and treatments. It makes you wonder who makes the decisions. My oncologist was definitely not happy about it so she was not in on the decision. As far as I know I turn up for bloods as usual then cross my fingers. How long will this insanity last?

Comment

Hopefully this virus will die a death and the sooner the better. Viruses come and go each year but this one has turned into a nightmare for everyone. This lockdown period was supposed to last for three weeks and we have just completed two weeks. Have we any hope of it finishing next weekend?

Comment

No hope at all. I think it will be extended by a month and then another. I’m really thinking I shall not see normal life or most of my friends again. How depressing is that? Of course there are many others in the same situation, most younger than me.

Comment

I have never known anything like this the longer it goes on the more depressed people will get. At least people can keep in touch by phone, email or the internet so not cut off entirely. Is that something to be thankful for?

Comment

Yes, definitely. Alan has been over to our daughter this afternoon, swapping baked goods for eggs and sugar. The sugar is granulated so in the blender it will go to be processed in castor. If you believe that you’ll believe anything! We have to adapt don’t we?

Comment

We are told to stay at home to savevarious things, and many of us do, but then we learn about some going all over the place, others congregating and instead of being caught and penalised, there is a threat of stopping anyone going outside at all. It's the old thing, rather than punish the perpetrators, everyone has to be penalised, probably the excuse is that to penalise some would be discrimination!! Years ago if you were discriminate it was considered a good trait to have, as it showed you knew right from wrong; not any more though.
                i wish people wouldn't blame the NHS for cutting back, when it's not THEIR fault.They were hard pressed before the Covid-19, but if certain people stopped bragging about what they intend to do, and made the effort to get testing kits to those who need them in order to treat patients, they would not be dying , like the doctors, nurses and carers, How can they do their jobs when they are denied what they need??

Comment

To stop people going out altogether would be no good for their health at all. Everyone needs some exercise and they aren't going to get it sitting in doors all day and getting more depressed. Wouldn't instant fines for those who gather in large groups be better than punishing everyone just because of a few stupid people?

Comment

I’m confined to the house according to the government. Not even allowed in the garden, have to stay in different rooms to my husband, use a different bathroom (we have one) eat alone, and the most insulting thing keep kitchen ware clean! Was this written by a work experience guy?

Comment

We seen to be in a nanning state of mind now. Goodness knows how we managed to get through life before all these rules and regulations. Yet there doesn't seem to be less deaths because of it. Why?

Comment

There are fewer deaths than there would be without restrictions. By staying home and observing social distancing we are keeping some people (elderly, vulnerable, asthmatic, bronchitis and chemo patients) safer than they would be if we all went about as usual. This frees hospital beds for the really sick.. can you imagine how I will feel if my chemo stops because some fool decided to sunbath in the park last weekend?

Comment

The world doesn't come to a full stop because of a flu epidemic, yet it kills lots of people each year worldwide and you never get immune to it either. From what I have read, if its true, if you get the coronavirus you get the immunity from it after But is that too early to tell yet?

Comment

Yes, too little is known at present. The flu vaccine we get every year is a best guess at the strain. No one saw Covid19 coming out of a Chinese lab. I am sure we do not know the whole story. How much compensation do you think China should pay? Will you ever buy anything made in China again?

Comment

Apparently scientists gave warnings about something on its way as far back as 2015!!! to thegovernment, but their words were ignored. A chemist we know said a few weeks ago it was the fall out from the trade war between the USA and China., remember Huawei. It seems people only get tested if they have shown symptoms for several days, but they could have shared it between loads of people during the days bfore they figured out what it might be,something more than an ordinary cold/cough. It is assumed that if the symptoms disappear after 7 days, they have recovered, but there is no test to either confirm or refute it had been covid-19. therefore, how can anybody know if they developed an immunity, which might have been useful in growing serum to innoculate patients in the future?

Comment

Won't it be nice to put the TV on and get some good news for a change. Apparently China as seen no more deaths from Coronavirus. At least that is good news for them. Do you think we will get some good news about the virus soon?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X