• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer a question with a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is weird!!! I just wrote that i kept getting a message saying that previous content had been saved and I could click to restore or discard. when i clicked "restore", my earlier post was showing but the one I just put in asking about the saved one, that had disappeared. Why do i keep getting the same message?

Comment

Yellow is the colour of springtime because it attracts insects and the early insects need all the help they can get. As the season progresses more colours come into being and there are more insects about. My dad once had a yellow car, it was always covered in insects. Guess who got to clean it?

Comment

One of the forums had items about acts of vandalism ,and the criminal mentality, which made me think of something I said to my OH earlier. The news said Police were being given the power to break up any groups of more than two people, and they could issue fines,starting at £30.00 I'm not sure if it would be an on the spot fine. If it is , then we had best take care that anyone approaching should present genuine proof s/he is a policeman, because given the current mentality I woulddn't put it past someone impersonating a PC to demand money.
        If it is a note to say payment must be made within so many days, there could be those who will ignore " forget" to pay up. on a lighter note, if only two people are allowed to walk together, what happens if you are one of triplets who always go about together?

Comment

I think, all crimes should attract major penalties and we should stop pussyfooting around the issues.

I think two is the arbitary number of people who could walk together. some folks would be unable to get any exercise other than walks of differing times if they had no companion. They didn’t think that one through

Comment

I think if you have children you can walk as a family? Well it would be daft not to do so as you are all living together anyway. Going back to the colour yellow. While on one of our holidays last year I had a yellow top on and got covered in small files. Strange because its only fabric and not flowers. Should I only wear it in winter?

Comment

Seems to be the colour that attracts the insects. Is it a garment suitable for winter? Isn’t it nice to see such a variety of butterflies so early? They must have survived hibernation somewhere dry. Will we get this reported as a plus for climate change?

Comment

Yes its a fleece hooded top. So could wear it on warmer winter days or cooler summer days. Not seen any butterflies yet but had a bee in the garden yesterday. The climate is always changing. We have had a lot of wet weather and floods and now we are getting warm weather in March when we could be having snow. Does Nature balance itself out?

Comment

Yes, I think so. We just get more extremes at the moment. I’m sure it will settle down and the present situation will help the healing. Isn’t there usually a silver lining?

Comment

Yes, like germs and viruses Nature has its bout out. Still we can't expect too much. After all its only March isn't it?

Comment

Yes, couldn’t we still get snow?

Comment

Back to yellow, one year I had lots of different pansies, and the only colour that was pesked to bits was a yellow one.. I'd like to know why the last few posts are being marked as unapproved. It would be polite to give a reason why, is Nanny making a comeback

Comment

The same goes for yellow crocuses. They birds peck at them but not at the other colours. And I have no idea why. Unless there is some kind of food or vitamin in the colour yellow. Like we get vitamin D from the sun. Have you asked admin about your posts?

Comment

Unapproved seems very random and intensely annoying. I have very little patience at present and it does not help.

I planted some nasturtiums in pots on the window sill yesterday. I saved some to go straight in the ground too. I love nasturtiums, they are so bright, don’t mind rubbish soil and feed caterpillars. Mu father in law said I should spray the caterpillars! Isn’t that a form of vandalism?

Comment

I try not to kill anything in my garden. I don't use slug pellets, rat and mouse killer, ant or fly killer either. Kill caterpillars and you will have no butterflies. Doesn't everything in the world have a right to live ?

Comment

I admit to using slug pellets occasionally when we have a plague of the creatures. Those plants cost me a lot of money and the slugs are not having them. Ants are spared if they stay in the garden, but dead if they invade the house. I consciously plant bee and butterfly friendly plants, avoiding those that are useless to insects. Shouldn’t we all try to help Mother Nature?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X