• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer a question with a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are well enough its easier most of the time to do the jobs yourself I think women make a better job of housework. But having said that, when my dad retired he used to go around following my mum after she had done something to do with housework saying she hadn't done the job right. Why is it after all those years of doing housework all of a sudden she wasn't doing it properly?

Comment

Because that is what men do, especially if they have been a manager at work. My uncle retired and went through the calendar giving each day a name. SOD day was sign on dole, MAD day was Marjory’s away day I.e. the day she went out with my mum, CAT day was clean all through day. When my aunt saw it she went ballistic, and told him he was not organising her life. Once a manager, always a manager?

Comment

Can't help themselves can they. Men and power go together. Is it no wonder there are always wars ?

Comment

No wonder at all. Do you think the young are more arrogant and aggressive than we were? They seem to have a strong sense of entitlement.

Comment

Yes I do. And some of the things your read about in the news are so dreadful these day you have to wonder if they are on drugs to commit them. But should we blame drugs for everything or is it a case that some people are just born evil?

Comment

I’m sure much of the evil is due to upbringing. How many kids are labelled ADHD when actually they are just children who have had little attention as toddlers. Creating mayhem was the only way they got attention. I have lost count of the number of times I have put up my hand and said “No!” to children on ponies, their parents don’t like that at all. Doesn’t the pony’s well being come first?

Comment

A drug sitting on trhe chemists' shelf does no harm; it is the user who does that. human beings were made with a brain, rather like a computer,and it depends upon what is fed into the brain as to how it gets used. o think "painkiller" is a nonsense word because the drug doesn't kill the pain, which is Nature's way of saying something is wrong, it only numbs the nerve endings and masks the feeling.
                Driving along this morning i saw so much litter dumped on the roadside i thought of the mentality of those who had left rheir rubbish for someone else to clean up.Those who care about the place they occupy in the world do the clearing up, getting more and more frustrated, and it occurred to me that when those people were long gone and the ones who didn't care were left, would they suddenly realise just how much damage they had done,and see the clearing up would have to be done by them,? or would they move on to another planet to pollute that?

Comment

Probably the new planet. When Alan was working he travelled around to various coal mines. On his way home he saw an elderly couple dumping stuff out of their car in a ditch. He stopped the car and took photos of the dumped stuff, the couple and their car. They started to put the stuff back in the car, but Alan sent the photos to Crime Stoppers anyway. The couple got a visit from the local police, but there was no prosecution. I don’t think I should be brave enough to confront a fly tipper, would you.?

Comment

These days people would sooner turn a blind eye than confront the person doing any damage of being cruel to an animal. I think if I saw anyone being cruel to any animal I would have to say something. Its something I can't do with at all. You have to make a stand at times and stick your nose in. Don't you?

Comment

It's a pity more people don't feel that way. constantly turning a blind eye gives the impression that anything goes. when a child was naughty, the parent gave a short, sharp tap and the child knew s/he had crossed the line, and had to pay for it.Now people sit back and make the excuse "I can't do anything " and hope somebody else will do something about it. Add to that the police are constrained and the commissioners don't want money spent on too much paperwork that would be done by office staff. Remand drags on for so long, and that time comes off the length of any sentencing. The culprits rarely serve their full time and do the same thing again
                      At the speed this planet is becoming polluted, shouldn't the scientists get a move on and find another planet which the human race can invade ?

Comment

I think the pollution levels are now beyond recovery. Yet still scientists, politicians et al never see the big picture or consider long term effects. Think back to a time BT (before Tupperware) Those who had a fridge wrapped food in waxed paper, grocery stores used strong paper carrier bags, nothing came shrink wrapped, you drank you coffee in the cafe, from a proper cup and you made sandwiches for lunch which you wrapped in grease proof paper. What happened?

Comment

Everything for the quickest today and to cut down on staff. Businesses what to report on big profit like the banks do. One of the daftest things I have ever heard of was when the bank I use decided to open on a Saturday morning. I wanted to put some cash in but when I got there, there was no one behind the counter at all. Just a woman standing inside the back showing you how to use the machine to deposit money. She said I can show you how to use it. I declined the offer. Why couldn't she stand behind the counter and do the job for me instead? She was still being paid a wage to show me how to use a machine I didn't want to use. I wanted to be served.

Comment

I hate machines replacing people. I refuse to scan anything myself in Tesco. When we needed a new printer we went to pcworld, to be told it was out of stock but we could order on line. The young man did not understand that we were trying to keep him in work. What about robot bartenders and ordering your own food on aniPad? Not for me

Comment

Before long the only people to get work will be people making and mending the robots and doctors. Then they will be moaning about so many people being on benefits. Can't see the wood for the trees can they?

Comment

It's said that even bad things have something good , like mosquitos, wasps and such like. I think there is one area in which robots could be useful. If every crime had a set punishment it would be carried out regardless of where it was committed, or who the victim was.The sentence would mean what it was when handed out, no early releases for some, while others did the full term.
                                I know the meaning of discrimination has reversed, because it used to mean a person knew the difference between good and bad, right and wrong. Now it appears to mean everyone is the same. If that is so, how is it that depending on how clever legal Counsel is,some get off scot free, while others pay the full price?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X