• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer a question with a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It certainly would. I’m fed up of what comes across to me as thoughtless. We have been out for an early dinner with Alison, Rob and his parents. Alison was talking about their plans for the year which include a weekend at Burghley Horse Trials in September. Mum in law asked if I was going. The restaurant was not the place to say that I will be dead by then, although if we had been at home I probably would/should have.

they know I have very little energy and I’m not as strong as I was, so why do they expect me to do everything I used to? I don’t think they have enjoyed their weekend so they might not come again for ages.

Comment

I suppose its hard to take in when someone has a life threatening disease and they might not be around anymore especially when its someone very close to you and you have a long time to think about it. But you should respect that person's wishes, shouldn't you?

Comment

Yes, and they should think before they speak. We went for dinner last night and Alan told Alison his dad was driving him “ f***ing mad”. Alison replied “Yes, it’s difficult when you have challenging parents” the irony was lost on Alan, but I laughed. Honestly, when his dad arrives Alan reverses to ‘Kevin’ (Harry Enfield?). Isn’t it a good thing they live 100 miles away?

Comment

Most likely so or they would end up killing each other. My dad used to drive my husband mad and we lived close to him. I used to dread it when they met. But his parents drove me mad too. Would it be best when you get married to emigrate ?

Comment

At least move out of the immediate area. Dad has gone home to ‘help’ his younger son to decorate a bedroom. Think Harry Enfield again “You don’t want to do it like that”. It is very quiet in our house now. They are both deaf and it is hard work repeating everything three times at a high volume.

we are invited to visit them and stay a night on my next ‘free’ week. I do not think so, would you?

Comment

If you do would it be best to take a megaphone ?

Comment

Yes, good idea! Would possibly help if mum switched on her hearing aids.

strange, when they left it stopped raining and now it’s sunny. Calm after the storm in more ways than one?

patio guy supposed to begin work tomorrow. Is it stupid to be excited about a new patio?

Comment

As long as your ground is not heavy clay, there shouldn't be much to go wrong. Ken has lifted and replaced some of our slabs, too much rain or too much drying out alters the level quite a bit. I hope your area is not subjected to the awful flooding so many are getting.

I sent a message to my older son to ask if his boss has an efficient system to arrange itineraries that avoid the parts unreachable for the drivers, and I had a reply saying --no problem as he can swim.!! What a sense of humour; how do I answer that?

Comment

The ground should be OK. Mostly tomorrow will be demolishing the deck while waiting for deliveries. We are lucky that we don’t get flooding in our immediate area. Alison had to abandon her journey to the stables today, her friend went in her husband’s tractor instead.

At least he didn’t say dinghies will be supplied. The RDA centre where I used to volunteer was only accessible by boat, or on foot, through a lot of water. Millions were spent on flood defence for the village a couple of years ago, but all it seems to have done is trap the flood water. Do these people really know what they are doing?

Comment

Some flooding in our area yesterday one side of the road closed off going into Derby. Aren't we lucky to be living on a hill where no flood water can reach us?

Comment

Yes, those of us on higher ground should be grateful. Just think how awful it would have been if all that rain had been snow. We would have been snowed in for days.. nice day so far today, but I’ll bet it’s cold.

friend visiting this morning, so a quick relocation of dust is in order. Do you enjoy housework?

Comment

Most of it. But not cleaning ovens. Darley Park in Darby flooded again for the second time in around 4 months. Will there be any trapped fish on the field do you think?

Comment

Quite possibly. Alison sent a video of her friend’s drive with the river flowing right across it. She worked from home today after getting stuck between floods yesterday.

I’m having my oven professionally cleaned on Friday. This is a first for me, but I could not do it myself now. What do you think?

Comment

My OH grabs a lot of the jobs I start to do,b ecause he wants to help. I've nearly forgotten how to switch on the vacuum, but I did get to take the washing out of the machine this morning. Who's a lucky girl?

Comment

Me too! And I put in two loads. I don’t vacuum if I can avoid it. Apparently it needs an engineer (Alan) to load the dishwasher correctly. I’m allowed to put away the groceries but not to pack them at checkout. Isn’t it easier just to go with the flow?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X