• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer a question with a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as shopping goes, I incorporate that with my daily walk to the paper shop;i have a trolley and sometimes it is full, but it does alternate between two wheels and four, which makes it easier, either pulling it behind or pushing it in front. Deliveries are sometimes with Donald Russell, a Scottish butcher, and although it's a bit dearer than local stores, the quality is far more tender and tasty. fish comes with Regal fish, and they phone to tell me when they will be in my area, so I go on line to order and choose the delivery date. Both firms are reliable.
    We all have an in built body clock, and even if I set an alarm if we have an early departure at any time, I still find I wake a couple of times during the night just to check the time. My OH always grabs the vacuum, so my chances of doing any hoovering are practically nil!cleaning machines are his province, but I can use the brush/pan or broom, or manual carpet brush are for my use; I think it's a "man" thing. He suggested buying an electric cleaner and guess who gets to operate it. I have to read the instructions, so I know how it works, and when something doesn't appear to work, out comes the manual and I ask if he had read the instructions. Is Alan taking over some of your cleaning?

Comment

Yes, Alan is having to do a lot more due to my fatigue, and I haven’t even started chemo yet. The very nice F2 I saw on Wednesday said I should expect to lack energy after fighting two serious infections in a month. Alan usually vacuums anyway and he loads/unloads the dishwasher. He has learned how to operate the washing machine and has taken over the ironing. I’m really very lucky aren’t I?

Comment

Wild animals are more prone to day and night than the actual clock. Most birds get up at dawn and roast when it starts to get dark unless its an owl or something that hunts at night. They are also driven by seasons. Birds know when its nesting time. But humans live by the clock. If it wasn't due to the artificial light we produce would we be more like birds?

Comment

We would have to be, in the past farmers were governed by day light hours and seasons. There is an ancient structure on Jersey, called La Hogue Bie. After much research and speculation it was discovered that at the spring solstice the rising sun’s rays travelled along a passage and reflected from a piece of golden granite at the end. This was the signal for the priest to instruct the farmers to plant crops. Isn’t history fascinating?

Comment

Yes I like history it can be fascinating. Looking back on things can help you stop making the same mistakes. But they do say history repeats itself, don't they?

Comment

Yes, our politicians often do the same daft things their predecessors did. Do you ever pause and think that our childhoods are now part of history?

Comment

Yes they are. I can remember when Kennedy got shot and that is part of history now. Isn't it?

Comment

Yes it is. Also Edward Heath and the three day week. I remember sugar and tea coming in blue paper bags, butter being in large tubs and cut for the customer with no plastic packaging at all. Are we headed back there?

Comment

Yes, I think we are. Back to the good old days with no plastic. Whatever did we do without plastic?

Comment

Unfortunately no one realised what a problem plastic would become. I try to buy stuff not wrapped in plastic, but it can be quite difficult. I realise that worldwide this is making very little difference, but it makes me feel better. My pet hate, especially as I’m losing strength and patience, is the packaging that is next to impossible to get into. Does that annoy you too?

Comment

Yes it does. Things that you buy for the house like electrical things come in hard plastic containers that you struggle to ge into. Absolutely ridiculous. Why is there a need for such things?

Comment

No need at all

on a change of subject, I had my hair cut shorter on Thursday. Tried to blow dry it myself this morning. Shall we just say not a success?

Comment

Not easy to do that yourself. Hairdressers make a better job of doing that. I tend to just blast my hair dry and hope for the best. If it looks a bit all over the place I use heating tongues. Have you ever tried them?

Comment

Yes, but because my hair is going to thin I’m avoiding them now. I’m also trying Plantur 46 or whatever the number is, in an effort to strengthen what will be left. Really hair loss is the least of my problems isn’t it?

Comment

No of cause not. We had a close relation who had cancer treatment. Not sure if it will be the same as yours but it made no difference to her hair at all. She had always had a very thick head of hair and still had after the treatment. Maybe it effects people in different ways?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X