• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer a question with a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, me too. I find if I can't remember the name of someone or something, the alphabet trick works for me. And how is it that we can remember the complete words of hundreds of songs we heard in our youth, but can't remember what happened a very short time ago?

Comment

Yes it is. And all the odd socks in the draws that you can never find a matching pair to. Also the stuff you can't fit into that you have had for years with the hope of getting into it again. The times I have put it all back because I like the skirt or dress I used to wear on cruises. Don't you just hate not being able to do up the zips?

Comment

We live in the same world Foxtrot! The men would not understand. Have you anything you have never worn that may fit one day? I have!

Comment

Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post
          Yes, me too. I find if I can't remember the name of someone or something, the alphabet trick works for me. And how is it that we can remember the complete words of hundreds of songs we heard in our youth, but can't remember what happened a very short time ago?
          Sorry Gill and no reflection on you but having dealt with people suffering from dementia and alzheimers it's amazing how they react when they hear music played from their youth. They become more coherent and reminisce about the 'old days' with great clarity and joy. Have you ever come across this?
          Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

Yes, my dad loved to sing the songs he knew when he was young. His care home often invited musicians who would play music of the residents' era. I wonder what they'll play to us?

Comment

Yes, I have got clothes in my wardrobe that still have the tickets on and have never been worn. Most likely bought them in the sales at the wrong time of the year and then put weight on so they have never been worn. Drives me mad but to go on a diet is the last thing on my mind. You lose the weight and then put it back on again. Its like being on a seesaw don't you think?

Comment

Yes, I've done that all my adult life. Now it's dieting between cruises. There is no way I'm depriving myself of anything on a cruise ship. I don't do afternoon tea, but I don't think it would make much difference in the long run, do you?

Comment

No point in cruising if on a diet, waste of money !!!!

Comment

Yes, I have come across that, OSD - and it's good to encourage them with this. I, too have thngs I hope I'll be able to fit into again one day, but have never bought anything without first trying it ons, so nothing with a price label still attached in my wardrobe. I don't over-indulge with food and don't snack, so when trying to lose weight before a cruise I have slightly smaller portions and less alcohol. Then onboard I eat as I would normally at home for breakfast and lunch, avoid afternoon tea, and then indulge myself at dinner. Still put a few pounds on though. Why are all the nice things fattening?

Comment

That's true. Everything we like to eat is usually fattening with lots of calories. So why do cows get so big and fat just eating grass?

Comment

I'm afraid it's the cocktails that are responsible for my cruise weight gain. My beloved Juan makes the very best piña coladas and I can't resist. I have no such problem with other bartenders! Who's the best you've met?

Comment

Husband usually gets the drinks on our cruises and we never sit around the bar area, so wouldn't really get to know any bartenders. I am more of a Becks person myself. Becks Beer I mean. We have had some decent cabin staff though. Some better than others. Have you?

Comment

I enjoy imported beers but I'm careful with them because of their high calorific content. I enjoy fine wine and cocktails especially rum based ones like Hurricanes, Rum Runners and Lavaflows. Do you remember the 'Gatsby' back in the '70's?
                            Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

Didn't drink much in 70s as I worked for NHS, so was on call a lot, then had a baby. I've tried hard to make up for it since! Apart from a piña colada, I like a maitai and yellow bird. Sometimes a manhattan in the evening, but only mimosa before lunch! We are creatures of habit aren't we? Always try to sample the local beer too.

We've had some lovely cabin staff. Hilda, on the NZ trip was a star, I hope we see her again.

Comment

Yes, beers and spirits. So much cheaper abroad. Well, the spirits are. Especially in Gibraltar. Do you bring any back with you? Only the amount that is legal of course. You wouldn't want to get caught with too much of it when going through customs. Would you?
                                And when you think about it. How come Scots Whiskey can be so much cheaper the further away it gets?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X